“Great food and atmosphere!!”
Review of Benvenuti's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Benvenuti's
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in East Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If your looking for an Italian restaurant with great food and atmosphere you cannot beat Benvenuti's. in East Hanover. Besides a great menu with every dish you could think of, all their specials dishes are fantastic also. The owner's and staff are overly friendly and extremely helpful making sure that your every request is handled quickly and completely.
Prices are very reasonable and BYOB makes it extremely affordable!
Whether I am there with 1 or 20 friends, it is always a great time! That is why we keep returning!!
The restaurant is always full with loyal customers due to the great food and service so make reservations..
PS- They have a great lunch menu also.

There are newer reviews for Benvenuti's

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Benvenuti's is an unpretentious, small BYOB Italian restaurant. Everything on the menu is delicious, while prices are not much more than a franchise eatery. The restaurant is somewhat hidden, in the back of a strip mall. It has a plain storefront with white Christmas lights in the window all year long.

The décor has an odd charm, and while some might find the sprayed ceiling, fake plants and framed photos tacky, it really just adds to the place’s charm. Meals come with warm bread and a house salad. After your entrée, fruit is served, typically cantaloupe and watermelon.

The cold antipasto is good, the hot antipasto is great, and the appetizers are excellent. Hot antipasto includes baked clams, calamari, mussels, eggplant rollatini, and a few other Italian staples.

All the dishes are delicious, particularly the veal, and portions are large. Every time we visit, at least one or two people in our party take home some of their meal in a doggy bag. There is not a specific children’s menu, but there are plenty of pasta and chicken dishes, ravioli etc.

Desserts are very good here as well.

Really great food, friendly, attentive service, good prices – a nice family place.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I don't live in the area, but I have been frequenting Benvenuti for over 10 years and I have yet to be disappointed! Wish it was closer. Service is impeccable (ask for Al!), cuisine is always on par. 2 hard working brothers, Al, always greets you with a smile and Fitni, the chef, is absolutely remarkable in the kitchen. Make sure to ask him to make tiramisu or rice pudding as those are secret phenomenal items that never make it onto the menu. I almost do not want to rave about how great this place is because I'm afraid of having to wait for a table on my next visit, this place is always packed! (Shows that people still love this place!) Thanks for making my 40 minute drive to dinner incredibly worth it guys!

1  Thank Larry G
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to visit family in New Jersey. A family friend suggested we go there with him. My Mother and I shared a chicken dish. It was plentiful for both of us. The waiter didn't have a problem with bringing it to us on separate plates and there was no extra charge for that. The chicken was tender. The lunch meal came with salad and soup and we split that also - Mom had the salad and I had the soup. My Mom ordered the cannoli and I did not and she would not share! I don't blame her. It was the best looking cannoli I have ever seen and she said it was excellent. If I ever go back again I will for sure order one.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We were a bit hesitant about trying this restaurant based on some of the reviews we had seen on other sites, but it was chosen by a family member and we decided we would try it. It had a pleasant atmosphere, but the front room is extremely loud. We were told to request the back room if possible, but our party wanted a round table and they were to be had in the front room. We went early and the restaurant filled quickly so that was a good sign. The menu is good and the prices reasonable. The salad leaves much to be desired. Some plain iceberg lettuce with some house Italian dressing. The bread was good and fresh and tasty. Nice specials, one of which is a stuffed pork chop which our friends said was outstanding and only on the specials menu. but on there frequently. The steak pizzioli looked and tasted good, the fish dishes were lovely too. I had the veal rollatini which was tasty, but looked as if I had 3 potatoes on my plate...one being a real potato and other two "balls" being my meat. I was the only one disappointed with my meal....They also offered a Francaise combo of shrimp, chicken and veal which some of our party really liked. It is a BYO restaurant so that helps to offset the cost. Service was excellent. Glad we didn't listen to some of the dire reviews it received. Also, it is not on Ridgedale Avenue, but on Grove which is a left off Ridgedale right past the cannon and the school. We all had a hard time finding it, once we realized it was on the side street. Even our GPS was confused.