“Great Italian dinner”

Benvenuti's
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in East Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenwood, Delaware
“Great Italian dinner”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was visiting the area for a wedding and ate here based on trip advisor reviews. The food was fresh, prepared well, and flavorful. So much better than eating at a chain restaurant.

• Visited March 2014

North Arlington, New Jersey
“Great food and atmosphere!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If your looking for an Italian restaurant with great food and atmosphere you cannot beat Benvenuti's. in East Hanover. Besides a great menu with every dish you could think of, all their specials dishes are fantastic also. The owner's and staff are overly friendly and extremely helpful making sure that your every request is handled quickly and completely.
Prices are very reasonable and BYOB makes it extremely affordable!
Whether I am there with 1 or 20 friends, it is always a great time! That is why we keep returning!!
The restaurant is always full with loyal customers due to the great food and service so make reservations..
PS- They have a great lunch menu also.

• Visited March 2014
NJ
“Delicious Food, Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Benvenuti's is an unpretentious, small BYOB Italian restaurant. Everything on the menu is delicious, while prices are not much more than a franchise eatery. The restaurant is somewhat hidden, in the back of a strip mall. It has a plain storefront with white Christmas lights in the window all year long.

The décor has an odd charm, and while some might find the sprayed ceiling, fake plants and framed photos tacky, it really just adds to the place’s charm. Meals come with warm bread and a house salad. After your entrée, fruit is served, typically cantaloupe and watermelon.

The cold antipasto is good, the hot antipasto is great, and the appetizers are excellent. Hot antipasto includes baked clams, calamari, mussels, eggplant rollatini, and a few other Italian staples.

All the dishes are delicious, particularly the veal, and portions are large. Every time we visit, at least one or two people in our party take home some of their meal in a doggy bag. There is not a specific children’s menu, but there are plenty of pasta and chicken dishes, ravioli etc.

Desserts are very good here as well.

Really great food, friendly, attentive service, good prices – a nice family place.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian food in the area!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I don't live in the area, but I have been frequenting Benvenuti for over 10 years and I have yet to be disappointed! Wish it was closer. Service is impeccable (ask for Al!), cuisine is always on par. 2 hard working brothers, Al, always greets you with a smile and Fitni, the chef, is absolutely remarkable in the kitchen. Make sure to ask him to make tiramisu or rice pudding as those are secret phenomenal items that never make it onto the menu. I almost do not want to rave about how great this place is because I'm afraid of having to wait for a table on my next visit, this place is always packed! (Shows that people still love this place!) Thanks for making my 40 minute drive to dinner incredibly worth it guys!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Larry G
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Cannoli in the World! (Maybe Just U.S.)”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to visit family in New Jersey. A family friend suggested we go there with him. My Mother and I shared a chicken dish. It was plentiful for both of us. The waiter didn't have a problem with bringing it to us on separate plates and there was no extra charge for that. The chicken was tender. The lunch meal came with salad and soup and we split that also - Mom had the salad and I had the soup. My Mom ordered the cannoli and I did not and she would not share! I don't blame her. It was the best looking cannoli I have ever seen and she said it was excellent. If I ever go back again I will for sure order one.

• Visited May 2013