“Bait and switch and the manager doesn't care”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I ordered the Market Chop salad, which the menu said contains roasted turkey, pepperoni, provolone, artichoke, balsamic vinaigrette, and pumpkin seeds. What I got was lettuce, tomatoes, and beans. I started eating the salad thinking all the good stuff was at the bottom of the salad, but it was just more beans. I asked for a menu to make sure I didn't order the wrong thing, and I told my server that my salad didn't match the menu. A manager was there, and he said that the menu doesn't always match the entree. HELLO? I ordered the salad for the turkey, pepperoni, and artichokes. Not for cheap tomatoes and beans. The manager asked me if I wanted another salad, but my entree arrived then and I didn't want it to get cold. The manager didn't offer me anything, other than saying the menu writers don't match what the kitchen prepares? What's that all about? So I order chicken and broccoli pasta and the kitchen decides to make sausage and pepper pasta? I paid for a salad with quality ingredients, not cheap tomatoes and beans. From reading the reviews here and my experience tonight, this place needs a serious make over. Where is Gordon Ramsey to tell them the customer comes first, not the whims of the kitchen.

1  Thank SPG-BA

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This place was very close to my hotel which is what I wanted after a long day. Fortunatly, It turned out to be better than expected. The food tasted fresh, the wine list was OK, not too terribly over priced and the service was good. Given the selection in the area, I'd go back.

1  Thank E N
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

The waiter didn't do one thing right, the cook messed up everything. With only 6 tables in the restaurant we waited 1 hour to receive the food
The chicken caprese had a piece of chicken, maybe 2 oz, the arrugola salad had no dressing and no cheese and angel hair tasted like bland tomato purée
Shrimp we're tough and pasta with butter food for a two year old. With a bottle of water and orange soda, 48$

1  Thank Pappatequisto
Reviewed 10 December 2012

You order a meal here, and the waiters shout it out to the kitchen, as if it were your kitchen and they were yelling at their family. I was not taken with this although the food isn't bad.

1  Thank YayeMama
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is a place I enjoyed eating at when I used to work in the area, and I recently stopped in for lunch with my wife after not being here for a few years. The quality of the food wasn't the same. Most disappointing was the pasta milano, which used to be one of my favorite dishes. This time there was very little chicken in the dish and the pasta itself was limp and overcooked. Wish we'd gone to the Olive Garden.

2  Thank Arny E