The front desk staff make up excuses to not give you what you're entitled to.
1) I'd booked a non-smoking room with two double beds way in advance. They put us in a room with one queen bed. When I went back to change the room, they put us in a smoking room with two double beds. When I called to request yet another room change, I was told that there were no more non-smoking, 2-double bed rooms available. We tried to make do, but it was just so unbearable I went to talk to a manager. She finally was able to put us in another (our third) room that was non-smoking with two double beds.
2) A day later, I called to request a late check-out. I was told I couldn't check out any later than 1:00pm "because the maids start leaving around then." That's professional.
3) The website advertised "Complimentary access to Gold's Gym for registered guests" but then told me that it would be $10 per pass when I asked for it. I tried to ask for a manager, but was told that there was no one else who could help me. I mentioned what my experience has been like so far and asked if there was anything that could be done about it. The reply was, "I'm not going to do anything about it. You're a pre-paid customer and those passes are only available for corporate guests unless you pay $10."
4) I called the main Ramada number for customer service, but was told that "it was in my best interest to resolve this with the 3rd party vendor (I'd booked through Travelocity) and the hotel management. The customer service rep refused to lodge a formal complaint. She said that she could only "document" that I couldn't use the gym and was unhappy about it. **Horrendous** experience. Don't stay here if you want to be treated like a third-class citizen and have rules change on you part-way through your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A full service Hotel featuring 254 large guest rooms with 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Hotel located on rt 10 near Novartis, Kraft, ASCO, Prudential, ADP, AIG, walking distance to Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Hanover Lanes, Loew's Multiplex, Target and Costco. Interior guest rooms, with complimentary HS internet access, newspapers, and business center. 19 miles to Newark Liberty International Airport, and 40 minutes from New York City. Near Parsippany, Livingston, Roseland, and Morristown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Conference Center - East Hanover Hotel East Hanover
- Ramada Inn East Hanover
- Ramada East Hanover
- East Hanover Ramada