“Horrible service!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Hanover
Vienna, Virginia
“Horrible service!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2005

The front desk staff make up excuses to not give you what you're entitled to.

1) I'd booked a non-smoking room with two double beds way in advance. They put us in a room with one queen bed. When I went back to change the room, they put us in a smoking room with two double beds. When I called to request yet another room change, I was told that there were no more non-smoking, 2-double bed rooms available. We tried to make do, but it was just so unbearable I went to talk to a manager. She finally was able to put us in another (our third) room that was non-smoking with two double beds.

2) A day later, I called to request a late check-out. I was told I couldn't check out any later than 1:00pm "because the maids start leaving around then." That's professional.

3) The website advertised "Complimentary access to Gold's Gym for registered guests" but then told me that it would be $10 per pass when I asked for it. I tried to ask for a manager, but was told that there was no one else who could help me. I mentioned what my experience has been like so far and asked if there was anything that could be done about it. The reply was, "I'm not going to do anything about it. You're a pre-paid customer and those passes are only available for corporate guests unless you pay $10."

4) I called the main Ramada number for customer service, but was told that "it was in my best interest to resolve this with the 3rd party vendor (I'd booked through Travelocity) and the hotel management. The customer service rep refused to lodge a formal complaint. She said that she could only "document" that I couldn't use the gym and was unhappy about it. **Horrendous** experience. Don't stay here if you want to be treated like a third-class citizen and have rules change on you part-way through your stay!

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank tam0126
, Director Sales & Marketing at FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover, responded to this review, 15 February 2006
As with all hotels rooms are guaranteed if the guest provides method of payment. Requests are honored on an availability basis. We attempt to satisfy all requests and rarely do we not have what the guest requests.
These request notes are stated when a guest calls for a reservation.
Hotel checkout time is 12pm. Although the guest states that we gave an excuse for not allowing a late checkout, we clearly have a sign posted stating 12pm checkout, and we inform the guest when checking in. Late checkouts are available with a half day charge.
We do provide complimentary guest passes to the Gym as available. We had enough passes for the corporate guests for the day. When more became available we provide them to the guest.
I would be glad to talk with the guest myself but do not have their contact information.

Abe Rothenberg,CGC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hanover
Courtyard Hanover Whippany
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown

Been to FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover

Property: FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover
Address: 130 Route 10 West, East Hanover, NJ 07936 (Formerly Ramada Inn)
Region: United States > New Jersey > Morris County > East Hanover
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Hanover
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover 2.5*
A full service Hotel featuring 254 large guest rooms with 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Hotel located on rt 10 near Novartis, Kraft, ASCO, Prudential, ADP, AIG, walking distance to Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Hanover Lanes, Loew's Multiplex, Target and Costco. Interior guest rooms, with complimentary HS internet access, newspapers, and business center. 19 miles to Newark Liberty International Airport, and 40 minutes from New York City. Near Parsippany, Livingston, Roseland, and Morristown. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn And Conference Center - East Hanover Hotel East Hanover