“Great trip and great hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I searched for a hotel that provided great amenities and that was in a great location. The area this hotel is in is right off a main road but right next to it is a police station and up the block is a bus stop perfect enough to take you right into the city. The route is about 20-25 minutes into the city with no traffic and the bus stop is about 8 min walk away from the hotel.

There is also a shopping center with a Marshalls, Dollar Tree and other stores within walking distance of the hotel about 3 minutes away.

The guest service member that checked me in was so helpful and very friendly. He gave me a map of NY and bus routes/times to get in and out of the city.

The room was clean and very spacious. Everything was great for a very short trip. We also enjoyed complimentary breakfast on a Sunday morning. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Crista C.

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that a great trip at a great hotel. We see that you enjoyed our facilities and that our staff was very accomodating. We truly appriciate your business and comments and do look forward to your return. Again, Thank you.

Tom,GM

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay was here at this hotel. We stay at many hotels and all are chains. This is clearly a well managed hotel. There is an amazing hot breakfast served every morning and a full dinner, also very good, served Mon. - Thurs. evenings. The pool is clean and nice and warm! The manager, and all the staff were so so helpful. The manager had the kitchen staff make a special dinner for me since I am allergic to seafood. How nice! The staff were all amazing! They all made us feel welcome and served our every need with a smile. The manager should be very proud of himself and his staff. We will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Ann L;

We sincerely thank you and your family for your outstanding review on TripAdvisor. We hope that you enjoyed the Yankee game while in town. Your kind words where you state that "We cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay was here at this hotel. We stay at many hotels and all are chains. This is clearly a well managed hotel", are deeply appreciated!

We try our hardest to sure make each and every guest have the same experience that you had. Again, Thank you and have an enjoyable summer that is soon to be upon us.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

great hotel, great location and very helpful staff. I will stay her again on my next trip to NYC. Close to bus stop and the hotel will give you all the info to get in and out of the city. Plus provide a shuttle service to and from the bus stop. Made our trip so my easier. And a place to park your car!

Dear Donna O;

It is an honor to hear that you consider us a wonderful hotel. We are delighted that you thought we are great hotel, great location and had very helpful staff. Your 5 bubble rating on TripAdvisor is truly appreciated. We sincerely Thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice hotel with an excellent location if you visit NY. Local bus will bring you to the Port of Authority Bus Terminal (Time Square) within 20 minutes. Excellent breakfast and located next to a small shopping area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Marguerite B;

We sincerely appreciate your perfect rating on TripAdvisor, Thank you. We are glad to hear that you thought we are conveniently located to NYC and that you enjoyed our facilities. We hope to see you again when traveling to our area in the future.

With regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Quiet, Clean, Nice staff, Close to New-York, Services next door, Pool had warm water, complimentary breakfast with yogurt, fruit, bagel, waffles, coffee, juices, scrambled egg, bacon, omelette. Free parking, Shopping center next door, Restaurant close by. Easy to get into New-york. A bit complicated if you want to take the train

1  Thank Robert F

Dear Robert F;

I am delighted to see that you gave us an outstanding rating on TripAdvisor. I see that you thought that we were quiet, clean, nice staff, and close to New York. I have to agree that the train is not as convenient as to taking the bus into NY. Personally I always highly recommend the bus over the train. For the future, take a look at www.njtransit.com and look at the #163 bus schedule. This bus picks up about a 3rd of a mile from our hotel. Again, Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Tom

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were attending a wedding in the area, Very nice and clean, comfortable bed, very helpful staff, good complementary breakfast. Wish we had reason to stay longer. Great location to New York City and the hotel proves information on travel and transportation to New York City.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol N;

I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at our hotel. Thank you for your perfect rating on TripAdvisor. I see the you liked our location and its proximity to NYC. I hope to see you soon when returning to our area.

Regards,
Tom,GM

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend to catch a Rangers game in the city. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and well taken care of. The staff were all very professional and friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary shuttle and the ease of getting into the city from your location. Full hot breakfast in the morning was very nice. Room was clean and had everything we needed. This entire trip was very nice. If I could make one comment, it would be key security. I was never asked once for identification when asking for a room key. While standing in line at the desk, I noticed the person in front of me wasn't asked either. This is something I always notice for the simple fact I used to work hotel front desk a few years ago. I did feel safe at your hotel during my stay, but it would still be nice to have that extra reassurance that you are willing to go that extra step to ensure guest safety. With saying that, I absolutely would stay here again. Everything else is top notch!
Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol L;

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor, it is much appreciated! I am please to hear that you think we are top notch and that you enjoyed your stay. Safety and security of all our guests and staff is of the utmost importance. I will be sure to discuss your comments with our staff. Again, Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Rutherford
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands? Share your experiences!