“A Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Topeka, Kansas
“A Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is great place to stay for visiting New York, if you know the limitations. The hotel itself is great! Very clean, the suites smell clean. The rooms are well appointed, with a full kitchen, a separate bedroom with a door (great for partents!), and a larger than average living room. A very good free breakfast with different offerings every morning. The free evening meal was surprisingly good as well, and free beer and wine which is a nice bonus. It is an amazing value for the price of a room. The one item I suggest you think about is the time to get to New York. Buses run fairly regularly during the busy times and it is only about a 5 min walk to the bus stop. Good neighborhood too, IMO. But I booked this spot because of several reviews here on TripAdvisor that stated it is a 10-15 min ride to New York. This is not true. Our shortest bus trip to the Port Terminal was 30 minutes, and the usual was closer to 45 minutes. It also depends on when you go -- busy times will take longer, but off times the bus doesn't come through as regularly. If you are willing to have an avg 45 min bus ride to New York then this is definitely the place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Jhawkruiz;

Thank you for your candid comments and perfect review. I am pleased to hear that you thought we were A Great place to stay! I see that you enjoyed everything we had to offer and that you traveled to NYC via NJTtansit. I'm sure that after you visited that you would agree that there is truly no other city like NYC as the saying goes. I understand that you did experience some delayed travel times using our public transit system, this has to be expected as the NYC Metropolitan area has over 35 million people in a 40 square mile area. Just the shear numbers alone can cause delays. I sincerely thank you for staying with us and do indeed look forward to your return.

With regards,
Tom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
mars, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. I would stay here again if I was in the area. It was very convenient to everything we needed. The gentlemen working the front desk told us where to park at Met life stadium and how to get out faster. He also helped us get to a bus stop so that we could get to NYC cheaper and faster and it was very easy. We really appreciated the extra efforts of the staff during our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Kristy K
Dear Kristy K;

I thank you for thinking of us as a Great Hotel and appreciate your perfect review. I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again when traveling to our area. I see that our staff went out of they way to help and thank you for letting us know. We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to see you soon!

Cheers!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel four nights and can't say enough nice things about it!!! We were greeted at the front desk in a very friendly manner!!! We asked for an upgrade as we are Hilton Honor Gold members and they went out of their way to help us out.....from the desk clerk to the hotel manager!!! This is a reason way we stay at Hilton Hotels.
The hotel was beautiful and well taken care of.....I am particular.....just ask my husband!!!
We made three trips to New York City by bus and was extremely easy. The front desk has a bus schedule and is very helpful with any questions.
Their food was great both the breakfast and Monday thru Thursday evening social which really was a dinner!! After a day in New York City, it was really nice to come back to a nice meal and not have to go find some place to eat that everyone agreed on!!! Not one complaint from our picky family!!! Plus,not to mention the savings!!!
Trust me ...this is the place to stay if you are going into New York City!!! You will not be sorry!!!
Thanks to the wonderful staff that made our trip remember able!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RandyG62
Dear RandyG62;

I thank you for your perfect review and candid comments referring to us as a Fantastic Hotel. I also see that you did not have one complaint and that was coming from a picky family. I can not express our gratitude enough for selecting our hotel along with your outstanding review. Again, Thank you and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Regards,
Dallas Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When I go to NYC I say in East Rutherford NJ. I can park my truck so I do not have to pay $40.00 a night to park in NYC. I can catch the bus and it will take me to Time Square from there I can go any place (I would like to go. I can take the subway , Taxi, Bus or just walk. that Hotel is clean and very friendly. The free meals are Great and as good as you would get at any dinner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dale F
Dear Dale F;

We thank you for your perfect review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to see that you returned to our hotel after staying with us for over six months in 2013. We are truly honored by your continued support and loyalty to our location. Again, Thank you and we look for to your return when traveling to NYC. Say hello to the Mrs.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights as we wanted to spend time in New York City without the cost of the NYC hotels !

We took the bus into the city on two of the days. The bus picks up / drops off about two blocks from hotel every 20 minutes so it was very convenient !

The hotel was perfect. We had a two queen / 1 bedroom suite for our family of four so we had plenty of room to stretch out and relax. We used the pool and the basketball court ... both were great.

The breakfasts were amazing and the evening managers receptions were also great. Very good selection of food and the setting is relaxing and plenty of room to be seated and not feel crowded or rushed to give up a table for others.

Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and location.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite that faced NYC which was a nice bonus.
Dear 60404Cja;

Thank you so much for your perfect review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you think we are a Great Hotel in a Great Location. We are pleased that you enjoyed all the amentities we had to offer and that you highly recommend us. Thank you for your business!

Cheers,
Selden
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Location was perfect as my daughter & her friend were seeing One Direction @ Meadowlands. Room was fantastic; large; clean; elevators were fast. Bonus was the evening reception; and breakfast was top notch; fantastic amount of choices. Yes pool is small but it's clean, heated and plenty of seating so what more do you need. Staff was phenomenal. We were put off when we turned onto the block & saw courthouse and what appeared to be correctional facility in such close proximity but it wasn't an issue and the convenience to shopping center was great!

• Stayed August 2014
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Onedizzyblonde;

Thank you so much for your perfect review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you couldn't have asked for better. The two buildings that you noted next door to us are The East Rutherford Police Department & Municipal Court and the other is The United States Federal Reserve Bank of NY. We could not have been located in a safer neighborhood anywhere. I see that you and your daughter enjoyed The Once Direction concert held at MetLife Stadium. I sincerely thank you for your business and hope to see you soon when traveling back to our area.

Canisteo, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our stay for the concert was wonderful. There were six of us and we all fit comfortably in the room we were given. Quiet and clean. The staff was very helpful. Check in was quick and they helped us find the best transportation to get to the city and concert.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Fred T;

Thank you for your five bubble rating on TripAdvisor. I am please to hear that you thought we had amazing suites and that you found everything to be in order. I see that our satff was also very helpful. I sincerely thank you for your business and look forward to your return in the near future.

Sincerly,
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands? Share your experiences!