“Highly functional for tourists (NJ/NYC)”

Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My group of EIGHT travelers stayed in this hotel for two nights the weekend of the Eminem/Rihanna concert at the Meadowlands complex and it worked out GREAT. I'm not sure why people are rating the breakfast low, but both mornings there were eggs with bacon or sausage, potatoes one day, French toast casserole the next, bread muffins or pastries to toast, hot Belgian waffles, cereals, yogurts, coffee, 3 types of juices. We never ONCE went over to Panera. The common area was great for hanging out later at night, we even had pizza delivered. We all shuttled and/or walked back and forth to the bus stop over to NYC both days. **Note: you can pay your bus fare in cash in NJ (getting on) but you may as while buy a round trip fare at first because if you get a one way you have to use the kiosks in the Path station in NY to buy the ticket back. No cash accepted to get ON the bus leaving NYC.** Additionally if you go to the actually hotel website it tells you for GPS purposes to use the address 66 Stanley Street. Our group drove to Meadowlands and parked for $30 instead of paying $10/pp each way for the limo shuttle. And after the show they were back at the hotel in about 15 mins!! You can't beat the location of this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east are great - some views of Meadowlands and NY.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Homewood17gm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Rhonda D;

Thank you so much for your outstanding review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be highly functional and enjoyable. I see that you and guests had a great time at the concert and do look forward to your return next time when coming to an event. Again, Thank you and hope you have a wonderful fall season.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had to attend a funeral service in Rutherford early in the day with a service day before. We needed a place to sleep and get an early start without having to encounter NYC traffic. The hotel was a pleasant surprise. It's clean, efficient and the breakfast is plentiful. I'd recommend it or stay here again.

Dear Clicknyc;

I am truly sorry for your lose. I sincerely thank you for your perfect review and are delighted that we were a pleasant surprise. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you soon when returning to our area. Again, my condolances and thank you.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Knowledge of staff = very bad! we were told wrong directions, GPS didn't find the hotel. pre-reservation we were told hotel shuttle will take us to game events, wrong again! ended up paying over $70 extra. Breakfast not that good. Pool shower had flies and bugs all around it. Buyer Beware!

1  Thank Waheed A

Dear Waheed H;

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisior and providing us with your candid comments, as they are truly appreciated! I am sorry that you had difficulities with transporattion to MetLife Stadium and that our Central Reservations Office misinformed you. We do have a banner statement running on the home page of our website informing guests that we do not provide shuttle service to MetLife Stadium during major events. Do to the size of MetLife Stadium and traffic during events we are unable to get in and out of the complex in a timly fashion.

In regards to the issues you had using a GPS, I am truly sorry. Depending on the brand of GPS some do find our hotel & some do not. Under the maps & directions tab on or website there is information on what address to use when using a GPS.

We truly thank you for your business and will be sure to share your comments with our staff to insure all your concerns are addressed.

With regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights while visiting Atlantic City and New York City. Hotel was a typical Homewood Suites, room was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was somewhat different from other HSs I have stayed at - the staff told me it was designed for kids. We ended up eating breakfast mostly at the Panera Bread next door.

Place was a bit noisy, people running and yelling in the halls from time to time but never lasted too long. We used the sofa bed - sheets were not designed to fit it - no fitted sheet so it wasn't all that comfortable.

But the location was good, we took the bus to NYC and the shuttle took us to the bus stop and picked us up immediately when we asked for it. Discovered near the end we could walk in about 5 minutes.

Generally satisfied, but disappointed with the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear WendyM58;

I thank you for your four bubble rating on TripAdvisor as it is much appreciated. I'm not sure who on our staff said that our breakfast was desiigned for kids but this is not correct. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Our breakfast is designed by menus that are provided by the the Homewood Suites Brand. The menus provided to us are rotational so the same items are not served everyday in order to provide variety. We do have core basics that we need to follow as standard. For example daily we serve 3 cereals, 1 sugar, 1 non-sugar, & 1 bran type. We also to have a variety of many other items every morning from fresh fruit, waffels, assorted baked goods, and eggs along with a meat.

I am pleased to hear that your were satisfied and do look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is great place to stay for visiting New York, if you know the limitations. The hotel itself is great! Very clean, the suites smell clean. The rooms are well appointed, with a full kitchen, a separate bedroom with a door (great for partents!), and a larger than average living room. A very good free breakfast with different offerings every morning. The free evening meal was surprisingly good as well, and free beer and wine which is a nice bonus. It is an amazing value for the price of a room. The one item I suggest you think about is the time to get to New York. Buses run fairly regularly during the busy times and it is only about a 5 min walk to the bus stop. Good neighborhood too, IMO. But I booked this spot because of several reviews here on TripAdvisor that stated it is a 10-15 min ride to New York. This is not true. Our shortest bus trip to the Port Terminal was 30 minutes, and the usual was closer to 45 minutes. It also depends on when you go -- busy times will take longer, but off times the bus doesn't come through as regularly. If you are willing to have an avg 45 min bus ride to New York then this is definitely the place to stay.

Dear Jhawkruiz;

Thank you for your candid comments and perfect review. I am pleased to hear that you thought we were A Great place to stay! I see that you enjoyed everything we had to offer and that you traveled to NYC via NJTtansit. I'm sure that after you visited that you would agree that there is truly no other city like NYC as the saying goes. I understand that you did experience some delayed travel times using our public transit system, this has to be expected as the NYC Metropolitan area has over 35 million people in a 40 square mile area. Just the shear numbers alone can cause delays. I sincerely thank you for staying with us and do indeed look forward to your return.

With regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. I would stay here again if I was in the area. It was very convenient to everything we needed. The gentlemen working the front desk told us where to park at Met life stadium and how to get out faster. He also helped us get to a bus stop so that we could get to NYC cheaper and faster and it was very easy. We really appreciated the extra efforts of the staff during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristy K

Dear Kristy K;

I thank you for thinking of us as a Great Hotel and appreciate your perfect review. I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again when traveling to our area. I see that our staff went out of they way to help and thank you for letting us know. We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to see you soon!

Cheers!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel four nights and can't say enough nice things about it!!! We were greeted at the front desk in a very friendly manner!!! We asked for an upgrade as we are Hilton Honor Gold members and they went out of their way to help us out.....from the desk clerk to the hotel manager!!! This is a reason way we stay at Hilton Hotels.
The hotel was beautiful and well taken care of.....I am particular.....just ask my husband!!!
We made three trips to New York City by bus and was extremely easy. The front desk has a bus schedule and is very helpful with any questions.
Their food was great both the breakfast and Monday thru Thursday evening social which really was a dinner!! After a day in New York City, it was really nice to come back to a nice meal and not have to go find some place to eat that everyone agreed on!!! Not one complaint from our picky family!!! Plus,not to mention the savings!!!
Trust me ...this is the place to stay if you are going into New York City!!! You will not be sorry!!!
Thanks to the wonderful staff that made our trip remember able!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RandyG62

Dear RandyG62;

I thank you for your perfect review and candid comments referring to us as a Fantastic Hotel. I also see that you did not have one complaint and that was coming from a picky family. I can not express our gratitude enough for selecting our hotel along with your outstanding review. Again, Thank you and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Rutherford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands? Share your experiences!