I recently had the opportunity to stay at this Extended Stay and also at a Staybridge Suites in Indianapolis. The Staybridge is much more comfortable, well appointed, more nicely furnished, better breakfast, even with light supper included from Mon through Thursday. That said, the Extended Stay is OKAY. Comfie bed. Linens and towels were just fine (Staybridge had better linens and better ammenities overall). Kitchen is spacious and workable (Staybridge also has dishwashers and disposal which Extended Stay doesn't). The Extended Stay is more utilitarian and bare bones that Staybridge, but its just fine. For a longer stay I would recommend Staybridge and for less time Extended Stay is great.
MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT THIS PARTICULAR LOCATION's address doesn't work on GPS. The address is listed as 300 NJ Route 3 however it is actually on the SERVICE ROAD which PARALLELS Route 3. Consequently you are led PAST the hotel and wind up having to drive 10 miles to make a U-Turn and figure out which of the many confusing exits to get off at. Finally I CALLED the hotel and they gave me an ALTERNATIVE address (2 Meadowlands Plaza) which leads to the hotel. They need to list the address properly because the front desk folks (who are VERY nice) said that "this happens all the time". I was very annoyed when I got to the property because it was already pretty late at night and I lost an hour's sleep by driving aimlessly around.
Another thing. You gotta have a car to stay here. There is lots of stuff to do in North Jersey, but this is located in the Meadowland, a grasslands wilderness between NYC and Suburban NJ. They have a shuttle which will take you to a bus which will take you east into Manhattan (which is like 6 miles away), and if you have a car you can enjoy the ethnic diversity and great cuisine, wonderful shopping in a close driveable radius in North Jersey. Without a car, you'll be stranded here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- we are a extendedstay facility, near med-life stadium, we have kitchen in all rooms, housekeeping service once a week, free internet service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Meadowlands / East Rutherford Hotel East Rutherford
- Homestead Meadowlands East Rutherford
- Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford New Jersey