I’ve never written a review on a hotel before, but after spending over 100 nights at the Residence Inn on Murray Parkway in East Rutherford, I thought I would publically thank the staff for a particularly noteworthy stay. I typically spend between 150 and 200 nights a year in hotels for work and I have seen the best and worst of both guests and hotel personnel in my travels, and I have to say I couldn’t have been happier with my stay at the Residence Inn.
Last September I first checked in around 11 PM and when I entered the lobby there were two large families in front of me who were clearly tired and stressed out after what was likely a long day of travel. I thought it would take a long time for the front desk agent (James) to check them in, but to my surprise, James not only checked them in quickly, but he also answered their questions about the hotel’s (free) breakfast and then gave them tips on catching the NJ transit bus into New York City the next morning, and he did it all with a professionalism and courtesy that it felt like I was checking into a five-star resort. Even after a 100 day stay, I continued to be impressed by the staff including Shante and Karen, who often address people by their names and seem genuinely happy to see their guests as they pass through the lobby. Clearly, management has created a positive work environment because even the hotel engineer (Michael) is pleasant and collegial to guests.
Also, my wife and kids came out to visit for Thanksgiving week. While they were here, we decided it would be fun to stay a couple of nights at the Marriott Millennium in Times Square and, when I mentioned our plans, one of the managers (Suresh) called the Millennium and made sure we had a great room and that everything was ready for our arrival. I was very impressed by the special attention he gave me and my family.
The hotel is about 1 mile from MetLife Stadium and there’s a free breakfast every morning and a light dinner Mon-Thursday nights. If you want to venture out and you have a car, there are dozens of restaurants within a mile or two including some kid-friendly places. Restaurants I like are “Park and Orchard,” “Vesta Wood Fired Pizza,” The Asian Grill” “Biggies” and Candlewyck Diner Restaurant” which has some of the best food around and an unbeatable chicken parmigiana. Also, you can catch the NY Transit bus for $4.25 into NY Port Authority terminal for a day of sightseeing, shopping or business. The stop is right out in front of the hotel and the bus is easiest/fastest/cheapest way to get into New York City.
There’s a Stop & Shop grocery store about two miles away if you want to stock up the full-sized refrigerator or use the in-room microwave or stove, there’s also a coin laundry on site as well as a dry cleaning and laundry service. Parking is ample and free.
There’s free Wi-Fi in the rooms which is suitable for email and light web surfing but you can also pay a fee ($5/ day) to upgrade to 3 X better speeds. For people who are tech savvy, the best speeds you can hope for with the 3 X upgrade is about 4 Mbps which isn’t bad, but usually is about 3.1 Mbps (up and down) particularly when the hotel is full at night and there are a lot of people using the wireless connection.
If I had to be picky about anything, I would like to see an improvement with the maid staff, but all things considered, the hotel is a great place to stay whether it’s for business or for fun, so thanks to all who make a road warriors’ life a little easier on the road
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn East Rutherford / Meadowlands hotel offers the ideal extended stay living accommodations. Our Meadowlands hotel is ideally located near New York City (5 mi), MetLife Stadium, & Meadowlands Racetrack and is the perfect choice when planning sports and entertainment activities. You'll enjoy a new, modern lobby designed with a variety of comfortable spaces, connect with our free WiFi, and refuel with refreshments from The Market. Our East Rutherford hotel's spacious guest suites have also been enhanced to better meet your needs. A new sofa, an ergonomic desk, updated bathrooms and contemporary color schemes complement the suite's separate spaces for eating, sleeping and working, along with a fully equipped kitchen. Start your day with our free hot breakfast featuring a greater variety of healthy and freshly made selections. At Residence Inn, we give you everything you need to maintain your balance and thrive! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands Hotel East Rutherford
- East Rutherford Residence Inn
- Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands New Jersey