“Worth it!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Rutherford
Montreal
“Worth it!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here just last week, so worth the price diff from a Manhattan hotel!
very inexpensive, breakfast and parking included and you have the shuttle bus that picks you up and drops you off in front of the hotel, will drop you off right in NYC.
very clean rooms, great breakfast, staff very helpful and friendly!
def goimg back! Thank You! :)

Room Tip: request high floor and quiet! ;)
1 Thank CathyandJoe
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear CathyandJoe,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your recommendation serves as encouragement to our associates who genuinely care about providing each guest with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to a return visit.

Alan Garrabrant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were having dinner in NYC that evening and did not want to have to drive back to our house after a late night. The bus stop for NJTransit is right outside the hotel. It is extremely convenient. We did not avail ourselves of any of the amenities in the hotel, I didn't even make it to the breakfast in the morning.

The room was comfortable. I loved that I could control the thermostat and actually bring the temperature way down to where I like it. The associate who checked me in, I believe his name was Louis, was very helpful and friendly. There is no recognition there for being a Marriott Gold customer, nor any upgrades for that, but I didn't really care.

The only negative was the housekeeper who kept knocking on our door in the morning. I asked her what check out time was. She said 12noon. It was 10:30, so I asked her to please leave me alone for a little more time. (I needed every minute to recover from our dinner in the city!!)

Dear NewJerseyBitsy,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We took a bus tour from Ohio to NYC and stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. We had a good time in NYC and just got home yesterday. Guess what...we feel like going there again tomorrow (in our car at this time) and stay at the same hotel for at least 3 more days. The hotel was very clean, no noisy air conditioning, excellent breakfast with helpful and friendly staff.
Bed mattress was so comfortable that I took pics of all labels I could find on the mattress and right now I'm shopping around for the same kind. Knowing about a good transportation from the hotel to Manhattan and back I can say we will definitely come back in the future.

1 Thank John B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear John B,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We loved hearing that your stay was enjoyable. Our associates work to provide a pleasant stay in an effort to become your hotel of choice when in the area. We look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Was there for 2 nights this past week traveling with my two teens for a mini-vacation to see some shows and do the Times Square thing. Check in was easy and Luis was extremely helpful. He made sure we understood the Bus schedule to get in and out of NYC. Gave us his card with the hotel number and address in case we had any issues. Bus picks up right in front of the hotel, very convenient.

Room was comfortable and well appointed AND even though on at least one night there were 2 coach buses with lots of kids ... we didn't hear a thing. Breakfast was good - what you'd expect. Bagels, toast, cereal, with some hot choices like eggs and waffles. The first day the hot menu was getting empty but I just walked over and let the staff know and out came more. The second morning was crowded with the 2 buses of kids, but still got a seat and had ample breakfast to start the day. The staff was checking constantly to make sure items were kept filled.

All the staff was friendly that we interacted with, no complaints at all.

Just a tip about the bus, and this has nothing to do with the hotel. If you take the bus into the city around 5 pm - be prepared for a longer transit time. We went on a Monday at 5pm and it took 2 hours to get to Times Square! We spoke to the bus driver and a passenger while waiting (plenty of time in traffic) and both said at commuter time it does take about an hour, usually. This particular day was longer than normal.

All other times we took the bus, it was about a 30-35 minute ride. The bus driver even made sure we knew exactly what gate the return trip would be at ... One last tip on the return trip to the hotel. The line can get long at the gate ... really long and you think "OH great, we're going to be here for hours" ... you won't be. The line was 3 bus full long and 3 buses showed up ... we waited 10 mins.

Honestly, every NY person we dealt with was so nice ... where did this reputation come from that they were rude???

I would definitely stay at this hotel again for another trip!

Room Tip: King suite was roomy and had a pull out bed.
Green Features: Like most hotels, you can hang your towels to dry instead of replacing them every day.
2 Thank Shawna B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Shawna B,

It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our friendly service, ample breakfast and comfortable room. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I will be sure to share your lovely comments with Luis. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when in the NYC East Rutherford area.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed hear for a wedding. The staff was great and treated us right. I love the free coffee, and it's not overpriced Starbucks like other Marriotts. I would definitely stay again only complaint I have is being a Marriott rewards member wasn't recognized. I always ask for ground floor and Xtra towels when booking thru rewards website. It wasn't even acknowledged which kind of made me upset what's the point of using it if they don't Check. The rooms on ground floor were open to because my family ended up showing up and getting same room on ground floor.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review. My apologies that you were not recognized as a Marriott Rewards Member; we appreciate your loyalty to our brand. I’m delighted to hear you found our associates to be service oriented and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.

Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed there from July 6 to July 10 and we couldn't have been more pleased.

Check in was easy and the front desk person (Luis) was great; very informative and helpful. He told us all about the New Jersey Transit bus schedule, how to buy the tickets, stop number, bus numbers, etc. His info was perfect, we didn't have any problems traveling to NYC each day.

The room was nice; clean, good size and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. There were plenty of choices, both hot and cold. Eggs, sausage/ham, pastry, waffles, fruit and other choices; no complaints there.

We had a small problem with the room door not closing tightly behind us; we had to pull it to make sure it was locked. I informed the front desk in the morning and, within 15 minutes, maintenance was there to fix the problem. Great service.

Overall, I found our stay there very good and enjoyable. The staff is friendly and great and the location is very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely stay there again, should we be in the area. Good job, Fairfield Inn Meadowlands. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: All seem good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our clean rooms, ample breakfast and convenient location, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback to Luis. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent 4 nights while attending seminar in NJ. First impression was great. Great location, nice clean well appointed room, quiet. First morning, Friday, breakfast was good. Lots of choices. But then things went downhill. Saturday morning, less food, busier. Saturday a family moved into the room next to ours and the kids played with the connecting doors, quite noisily. Sunday morning breakfast was a wash. No hot water for oatmeal, cold coffee, no yogurt. Problem for me since I need to eat gluten free. Also seemed to be a towel shortage on the weekend. Management needs to up its game to compare with other Fairfield Inns.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable clean rooms. I apologize for your disappointment in the breakfast and for being disturbed by the family next door. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Rutherford
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands

Been to Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands? Share your experiences!