As all posts have stated, the location of the Fairfield Inn is ideal for traveling to and from New York but is initially difficult to find when initially getting to the hotel. I would like to offer comments with regard to the hotel itself. We stayed in King Room #426, with adjoining room #424 that has two double beds.
I felt that for the price, the hotel had good value. Breakfast is served from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and includes: bagels, toast, English muffins, a variety of donuts, Pop Tarts, muffins, scrambled eggs in the form of an omelet, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, dry cereal and milk, yogurt, fresh fruit (today happened to be cantaloupe), and a waffle making station. There is also coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cranberry juice, orange juice and apple juice available. The USA Today newspaper is delivered every weekday to your room.
There is a small fitness room which has basic equipment such a treadmill, bicycle, etc. There is also a print station kiosk in the lobby in which you can attach your laptop to print items such as airplane boarding passes. Also, the free wireless Internet works perfectly in your room and throughout the hotel.
Though I do feel that the hotel value is good, especially in comparison as to what one would be charged in New York, I would like to point out items I noticed. The hotel elevators could use wiping. The heating/cooling unit in the room is not clean. In addition, the windows are not clean. The grout on the bathroom floor doesn’t look great – it is possible that the grout was not sealed when it was installed (white flooring) which is causing staining in the grout. However, the tile on the bath tub wall and the bath tub itself is immaculate with an extended curtain rod so the shower curtain does not stick to you. I had to run the water for several minutes before it became warm. The hotel provides soap and shampoo but no conditioner.
Staff is friendly and helpful. They had our room keys prepared when we arrived. When one of our rooms smelled like smoke, they were accommodating in reassigning that room to a comparable room.
The hotel décor is a little dated and worn and could use a little more cleaning. However, for the reasonable cost one and outstanding location, these two items boost the overall review of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A terrific location and value among Meadowlands hotels, the Fairfield Inn East Rutherford / Meadowlands hotel is always fresh, always clean and full of thoughtful amenities. This Meadowlands hotel is conveniently located within minutes of The Meadowlands Sports Complex (MetLife Stadium, Meadowlands Racetrack) and just 6 miles from New York City. NJ Transit provides bus service right outside our door to NYC, 7 days a week (163 bus schedule). Fairfield Inn East Rutherford / Meadowlands hotel offers 141 spacious rooms each with FREE High Speed Internet, a well-lit work desk, flat panel TV and in-room coffee.. Start your day right with a complimentary Hot breakfast at this Meadowlands hotel. Keep your healthy lifestyle in our Fitness Center. Come see why Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands is your choice for superior value and comfort among Meadowlands hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands Hotel East Rutherford
- Fairfield East Rutherford
- East Rutherford Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands New Jersey