“A decent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Fredericksburg, United States
“A decent hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last seven years, each time for four days. I found the staff helpful. For example, they printed directions to the train station for me, and when the television wouldn't work, they fixed it immediately. The television was no-frills and we didn't get as many stations as I would have liked. Still, for me, it was a place to hang my hat and this hotel fit the bill just fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

paul_perkins, General Manager at Hampton Inn East Windsor, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Robert,

A week ago we received a review on trip advisor from a guest declaring us “his spot” in East Windsor titled “Great Job”. Now I see yours about of us “a place to hang your hat”. I will be very honest…we do nothing special. I happen to be lucky to have really good and sweet team members that believe in the Hamptonality.

Seven years ago I was not here, so I will not take credit for then nor can I take credit now since it just seems to be in the DNA of this hotel.

I am very glad you mentioned the TV selections. Over the past month we entertained an upgrade of our current contract. We are and do remain within Hampton standards on our offerings. We took the approach that instead of upgrading to a few additional stations for another 5 year contract, we are instead upgrading our guest wifi above what most hotels will offer for free to our guests since that is direction of the technology for personal entertainment.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
West Point, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were there as guests for a wedding. Front desk was very courteous upon check-in. Room was comfortable and very clean. Checkout was smooth and efficient. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area. We have stayed at other Hampton Inns during our travels and have been very pleased. The complimentary breakfast is a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank suzec1
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn East Windsor, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Susan;

You just made the staff of Hampton Inn East Windsor proud of their work. A simple overnight stay met the expectations of a seasoned Hampton traveler. That tells us we are doing it right. Thanks for the morale boost.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The accommodations are comfortable and clean, but what really makes this hotel is the staff. I stay here a few times a year on business, and every time I return they treat me like an old friend stopping in. Great customer service is one thing (which this team has in spades), but making you feel "at home" takes customer service to a whole new level. For a road weary traveler, there's not much better of a feeling.

To a person, the whole staff is fantastic. I could single out a few of the folks that are beyond exceptional, but I'm afraid if I do that I'll end up leaving someone out.

Put it this way. I'm very loyal to a non-Hilton brand. But when I travel here, I gladly break routine and look forward to doing it every time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn East Windsor, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear TSC
I will make sure each of our 21 team members receives a copy of your review. They do deserve a pat on the back, which you have so elegantly provided. I am continually amazed by their efforts to demonstrate Hamptonality towards our guests and fellow team members.

On the other matter…about this loyalty issue thing you have with a non-Hilton brand….we can help you work through it now that you have taken that first bold step and admitted to it. :)

Hope to see you back here soon.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

In our first room, the air conditioning and the telephone were broken. We were moved after 10:00 PM to another room, which also had a broken air conditioning system. The lobby and downstairs areas reek of chlorine from the nearby pool (yummy with breakfast). Breakfast OK but has cheap products such as bad yogurt instead of "real" food yogurt. Overall a bad experience and NOT up to Hampton standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank lucym914
Dear L

We simply failed you during your stay based on your critique of our hotel. I won’t attempt to address your specific comments, since no words, excuses or apologies will or should redeem us in your eyes. We had provided one night complimentary at this hotel to you by our invocation of the Hampton guarantee based upon what you expressed at the front desk. We feel it is only right to also provide you with an additional complimentary night in the future at a Hampton Inn of your choice by requesting Hilton Corporation provide you with a “Be My Guest Certificate” at our expense.

I fully understand that no apology from this hotel, no matter how sincere, deserves acceptance from you.
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I drove to East Winsdor, NJ for 25th surprise party and i decided to stay here. This place exceeded my expectations. It's clean, the staff was very competent and courteous, and the breakfast crew had a great sense of humor. The location is great. If i am in town again this will be my spot from now on. Great Job!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Akash_Talati
Dear AT,
We are delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations. You are so right about the staff at the Hampton Inn …that’s what I feel makes this hotel the best at exit 8. Glad to be named “your spot” in East Windsor.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in July 2014. Everything about this hotel is first class. Clean rooms, new building, nice breakfast, gym (free weights up to 50 lbs), laundry room. Good location off the NJ turnpike exit 8. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jason,
We appreciate your comments about the Hampton Inn East Windsor. Hope we can provide that first class feeling to you again in the near future.
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is very convenient to I-95 and worth the stay. Staff was helpful and quick. The room was comfortable, clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was simple but warm, tasty and a quick breakfast to get back on the road. It could be a little easier to find from the roadway but it is worth looking for!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn East Windsor, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Terry
I appreciate the kind words about our staff and facilities. We take great pride in providing the ideal break for travelers in their journey through New Jersey.

We were thrilled you were able to navigate the newly redesigned road network at Exit 8 of the NJ Turnpike and find us. Even though at times it has been somewhat inconvenient to our guests and frustrating to ourselves, we rather look at this project in the most positive light we can and proudly demonstrate our New Jersey attitude – in other words,” it could have been a whole lot worse, at least they didn’t install a traffic circle or any jug handles”.

In the meantime, turn off the g.p.s. and ignore mapquest / google maps….updates about the area haven’t been completed yet. Call us direct or visit the Hampton Inn East Windsor website for the best directions.

Thanks for being our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Windsor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Hampton Inn East Windsor? Share your experiences!