“Nice hotel. ”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Rome, NY
“Nice hotel. ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Front desk girl was great. Check in was simple. Room was small but very clean. Outside pool was nice. Free breakfast at their restaurant for kids under 12. It's your typical Holiday Inn Hotel! Comfy beds. One dislike.... The coffee was terrible! I'm not a coffee snob but jeez.... watered down grossness. Run to Dunkin or the 7-11 down the street. Lol.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank linoz2000
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear linoz2000,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn East Windsor! We are thrilled to hear you completely enjoyed your accommodations and all the amenities we have to offer. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Holiday Inn East Windsor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Harrison, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

If there was a 0 star available on here this hotel would definitely fit in that category.
The front desk staff were rude and did not even do the basic acknowledgement of IHG standards. My husband is a Platinum Elite and was treated like nothing. They didn't once acknowledge his status, much less offer the Thank You bonus pts or goody bag. The room we stayed in the housekeepers could definitely use some crash course training in basic cleanliness of a room. The hallways need to be vacuumed.
What makes this more interesting is we had an issue where the front desk over authorized our card for a point stay, and instead of acknowledging their screw up they acted like it was nothing. So on a Monday we called and requested to speak to their General manager Darlene [--], who would never answer the phone and when we finally got ahold of her she too acted like it was nothing. I am not sure how long Darlene has worked at that location much less in hospitality but trust me I am in hospitality myself, she doesn't care about guests. This is your typical manager who probably sits there and collects her paycheck and that what I have read on this hotel there is no care from the staff.
I am not sure how the owners can hire someone like her as a manager as she needs to attend some classes or get some treating guest nice courses. I don't blame this hotel going down and based on these positive reviews it is probably regular guests where they are assigned to the best, and the leisure ones get the garbage leftover!
Do yourself a favor, avoid this hotel as there is no management and the one that is existing is pretty much nonexistent!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank swt85tiners
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear swt85tiners,

We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at the Holiday Inn East Windsor. We have addressed your review with management and we would like to take this opportunity to reply to your comments. Several of our front desk representatives are new and are still in training. We do apologize that you and your husband's IHG status were not acknowledged. We have addressed this with the entire staff to make sure they are acknowledging this status. We have spoken with the general manager about your concerns, and unfortunately, we have no record of you speaking with her. We typically receive wonderful comments from our guests about their stay and our exceptional staff, so it is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences, and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travel to East Windsor every other month for business and always stay at the Holiday Inn. As I was booking my next stay I saw a review that compelled me to write this review. I've always been greeted with warm friendly smiles at this hotel. I recently asked to speak with management regarding a conflict with a reservation and the issue was promptly resolved and I was treated with respect.
I like their breakfast buffet. The beds are very comfortable, and I sleep well when staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marc19652014
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Marc19652014,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you continuously choose to stay at the Holiday Inn East Windsor, and always have an exceptional stay. We can't thank you enough for all the comments you left about our outstanding staff, and your review will be shared with everyone here. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I always stay here whenever possible. They got the best professional staff. The overall service is top notch. I wish the breakfast is served around 6 instead of 7.

Sometimes I arrive at the front desk, tired and moody but my angel eyes, Sylwia always makes me smile. Thanks Sylwia!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Cwolfff
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Cwolfff,

Wow - thank you! We are very happy to hear that you continuously choose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn East Windsor when you are in the area and always have a fantastic time. We will be sure to share your review with Sylwia and the rest of the staff as I am sure it will brighten their day. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel inside is very nice. I had a good nights sleep and it was very quiet. A couple of things that I told the front desk upon checking out were minor but things that needed attention. The 2 things that needed to be fixed were: 1) Toilet every 3 minutes would fill the tank up with water (therefore, I closed it off during the night in order to sleep. No biggie) 2) The shower plate behind the faucet handle in the tub was loose and needed to be tightened with a screw driver. If this isn't done they could have issues below the unit I was in.

I explained to the lady at the front counter that my background was in plumbing and that these 2 things should get fixed right away as the water leak would waste hundreds of gallons a week. She was very polite, wrote down my suggestions and thanked me. I definitely would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Paul P,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay at the Holiday Inn East Windsor! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we greatly appreciate the feedback about the bathroom in your room. This has been addressed with management and our repairs staff to make sure the issues are resolved. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2014

William Hollis and Silvie A. where very nice and helpful. They both were all smiles and very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. I give the hotel and the people at the front desk 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank hazeboogie
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear hazeboogie,

Wow - thank you! We are thrilled to hear that William and Silvie were extremely helpful and friendly, and your review will definitely be shared with them. Thank you again for your outstanding review of the Holiday Inn East Windsor, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Middletown, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited HI in E. Windsor NJ last night. The check-in, check-out, housekeeping and breakfast wait staff were all upbeat with lots of smiles.
A great place to stay.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding as well.

Room Tip: we took pot luck non smoking. Room was fine. A/C worked fantastic, comfortable night sleep.