“Okay Visit”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in a good location. The front desk staff was very nice and check-in was super easy.

The room was spacious enough and fairly comfortable.

Breakfast was okay. We have stayed at other locations and had much better breakfast with a better selection.

The fitness room was decent enough for my workout. The hotel did what we needed it to do, but being a customer of Staybridge Suites, we thought this location wasn't as good as others. To be fair, I would have given 3.5 stars.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shani93
SBS-ETOWN, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Shani93,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you were satisfied with your hotel accommodations but disappointed to read your comments about the limited breakfast selection. We offer a large variety of both hot and cold breakfast foods on our buffet consistent with the Staybridge Suites brand standards. It would be helpful if you could provide more specific details on how we can improve upon the current offering. Please contact the hotel directly at (732) 380-9300.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We got this hotel on a hotwire deal. It was a room with a queen bed and a pull out couch which I am not a fan of and neither are my kids. They are just not comfortable. It ended up being fine for me but not for my sister. Depsite the fact she had specified they were a family of 5 on her reservation, she got the same thing as I did. One queen and one pullout couch. Not exactly adequate for a family of 5.

Everything else was great. Service and breakfast etc were very good.

If you book here for your family, just be sure to double check the set up of the room and the nubmer of beds you are getting. Had I been travellin with my husband and 2 kids it would have not worked out.

Room Tip: Watch bed configuration. Some rooms have just one queen bed and a pull out. If you have picky kids...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SBS-ETOWN, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear KingCityDancemom,
Thank you for your review of the hotel. The Staybridge Suites Eatontown offers three (3) room types: Studio Suites, One-Bedroom Suites and Two-Bedroom Suites with a variety of bedding configurations for families of up to six (6) people. Only limited quantities of select room types are available for sale through third-party booking websites such as Hotwire. I recommend that future reservations are booked via the hotel’s official website at Staybridge.com. When you book on the Staybridge Suites website, you have access to the most available room and rate types and your room type is always guaranteed.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked a reservation well in advance of my weekend trip. I cancelled online and after doing so I saw that there are no refunds. They called the reservation an "advanced purchase". Never in my life have I seen this. I spoke to the manager and she refused to refund my money. I contacted IHG (corporate) and they told me it was up to the manager. Again, the manager said no refund. Very, very bad business!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SBS-ETOWN, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Janel M,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you were unable to make the trip. Your reservation was confirmed as an Advance Purchase reservation as opposed to a standard refundable booking. Advance Purchase reservations are offered at deeply discounted rates but are fully pre-paid and non-refundable. According to the terms and conditions on the Staybridge Suites website; “All Advance Purchase reservations are final and require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Payment is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. Once a reservation is confirmed, your credit card will be charged between time of booking and day of arrival for the total amount shown, regardless of whether or not the reservation is used. You will be required to acknowledge that you have read the above prepayment and cancellation policy when making your reservation.” I hope this explanation provides further clarification to the policy.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here while visiting family. The hotel staff was very friendly. As IHG rewards members they didn't have the bag of goodies so they gave us a $5 credit to use in the little store. My kids got such a kick out of shopping for junk food. The hotel has a nice lounge with fireplace. The sundowner reception is great. Free beverages as well. Nice little sitting area and business center for the kids to hang around in. The room was clean and bedding nice. Breakfast was great. Will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have not been to the Staybridge in some time, our company moved most of our business to Hilton properties. I had forgotten how relaxing this hotel was. The great room with the fireplace is very welcoming, and it's nice to read a newspaper in front of it. The rooms are all suites and there is room aplenty. The bathrooms are superior. Quiet and peaceful. And unlike the other properties I've been staying at in Eatontown, the staff has not turned over at the Staybridge, and I was remembered...which was nice.

Room Tip: Stay the 3rd floor or above. The 2nd floor overlooks the great room where breakfast is served, and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eric Y
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night based on positive reviews read online, and we were not disappointed. From the moment we entered, the staff was friendly, professional and attentive. The upbeat "with-a-smile" attitude was present in every staff member from the front desk to the person who brought the crib up to our room. If I had one criticism it would be that the blanket on the pull-out bed was stiff and rough, but it was still warm enough. In short, good breakfast, great room, outstanding staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cptn727
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Having to relocate to Monmouth County due to a new employment opportunity, I needed a place to stay for six months until my new home was ready. I checked out several "long-term stay hotels in the area and found that Staybridge appeared to be the cleanest and most reasonably priced. I'm so appreciative of Laurence and the entire staff. The property is well maintained and the staff is very cordial and hardworking. I may have had one or two maintenance issue and the staff was very responsive. The evening dinners were great...so nice not to worry about cooking after a long day. Not a breakfast person, so can't comment much on breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to return. The only reason that it's not rated five stars is because it's probably time to update some of the interior furnishing like the bed covers and couch. They coverings/couch are clean, but starting to get a little worn. Conveniently located to mall, beach, University. Ideal location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#3 of 4 in Eatontown
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown? Share your experiences!