“Best Steak house in the area”

Crowne Plaza Edison
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Best Steak house in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Christie’s Steak House inside of hotel.
Just exquisite. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant. From the food to the service. I have eaten in this restaurant several times. Everything has always been perfect. I love the Filet Mignon. It always is served perfect just the way I ordered. I have had their appetizers several times. They are always tasty and the portions are generous. My server Farook is a special waiter. He is courteous, polite and super professional. I would more then recommend this restaurant to anyone. Do your self a favor and try it and make sure that you ask for Farook to be your server.
Greg DeSantis

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Business trip checked in around 9:30pm no one at desk then someone showed up not too friendly but while she was checking me in another employee rudly interrupted about looking for a key I had room on 5th floor facing outside so noise was louder tv is very small and like others room fan was LOUD I do like the fridge and Keruig internet slooooow at 2mbs parking is aways from front door of hotel especially when its raining, windy & cold room was large could not hear neighbors so either they wete quiet or I did not have any but I did hear there fan next door. Would continue to stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for the review and also thank you for concluding that you will continue staying with us as we will have more opportunities to improve your stay. A couple items:

- front desk friendliness and courtesy had been pinpointed as our current point of emphasis for the front desk staff, and we expect to see improvements
- our wireless internet usually tests around 5mb/s, but entirely possible the speed drops to 2mb/s on high usage. We are planning another internet upgrade this year, an ambitious project that should place on at the very top of NJ.

We look forward to your return to the hotel.

General Manager.
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The rooms are large and have some nice conveniences like a fridge and coffee maker. The cleanliness was not spectacular. I would not have drank out of the glassware because I could tell the paper coasters underneath had not been changed in a while. The bed was not the most comfortable I have been in. Free wifi was nice but relatively slow. I got a deal that included breakfast which was fine. I was also on the club level floor which was supposed to be a quiet floor including no room service before 10am. The second morning I was there, room service was in the halls and rooms by 9am. The club lounge was nice with drinks and food provided for a very large window of time. This is clearly a business hotel since that is mostly the guests I saw, including all the UPS pilots. Unfortunately there is very little to do around this hotel. I found 3 restaurants within walking distance. The chinese food was ok, the indian food was better. What I always find odd at a predominately business hotel, where everyone shows up by shuttle, is that transportation is limited. A hotel shuttle will take you within 5 miles from 8am-6pm. However it seemed like most of the activites in the area are outside that range and when I arrive back to the hotel at 6pm, I would have to walk or use a cab. Not the end of the world, but something that I think would be welcome to most business guests. Either way, this is probably the best in the area. I have stayed at 3 other hotels and outside of staying in an entirely different town, this was the best of the bunch.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you for some housekeeping details that can assist us in becoming better. We will speak to the housekeeping team again regarding the noise level prior to 10am, apologies that it impacted your sleep quality.

If our shuttle is available, we do offer to take guests to Menlo Park Mall, a very large sized mall with signature restaurants/stores, hopefully that will help with your selection of restaurants on your next trip.

Thank you for the feedback again, and hope to see you return.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The front staff was most pleasant. Check in was very prompt. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, sufficient light, plugs and WiFi is operating at a decent speed. Bathroom clean and updated.
There is a park nearby to which one can run and exercise, weather permitting, safely and without traffic, except for the local cops changing shift at the government building. Running at night is no problem, feeling safe, even with scant lighting.
Full breakfast available, starting at 6:00 AM offers sufficient variety for all tastes.
Surroundings are OK and access to Interstate is quick and easy.
Hotels are all the attributes for a pleasant business stay, leave early after breakfast and come back late for a run and kick back.
Will be happy to go back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Wow thank you for the splendid review of our hotel! We are indeed as safe as it gets being a few hundred feet away from the police department. It is so nice to hear that you have enjoyed multiple aspects of your stay, and look forward to your return!

Malibu, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The location was good and safe. Free wifi in the room is a big plus compared to the other 3.5 star hotel in the area.

But … (1) I found the walls to be thinner than one would usually encounter in a 3.5 star hotel. Easy to hear laughing and talking in neighboring rooms. (2) The fan in my room was quite loud; I understand from the manager's previous responses that these are gradually being replaced. (3) I was not told that the hotel's smoking rooms are on the 2nd floor, and there is a nauseating tobacco smell at times around the elevator. I assumed it was all floors, but only learned when checking out that this was only on the 2nd floor. I feel that I should have been told this and offered a room on a 100% non-smoking floor.

I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again, but I would not take a room on the 2nd floor and I would try to get a room with a new quieter fan.

Room Tip: Non-smokers should avoid the 2nd floor, request 3rd or 4th. 5th is the club floor.
1 Thank msmalibu
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for the compliments and being so understanding with the areas we are working upon Ms. Malibu!

We apologize for the smoke odor you had encountered during your stay, and I will discuss with our housekeeping team on resolving the situation. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Briarcliff Manor, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on points for two nights in a king room. The room was large and the bed comfortable. Although I booked on points I received an invoice under my door. I called the front desk and they took care of it without a problem. the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. A full breakfast was included in the room, buffet and omlet station. All of the selections I sampled were good. At first glance the restaurant looked clean but upon sitting down I saw a noticable layer of dust on the lower molding, It was snowing when I was there and the parking lot and sidewalsk were kepy clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from thr elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hello Kathy,

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Edison as your IHG Reward Night Stay destination. It is an honor to accommodate your trip at our hotel. Apologies about the mix up with the invoice, we will take a look into how it happened to prevent it from reoccurring. We are athrill you had enjoyed our breakfast selection as that has been our focus recently. We will definitely take care of the dust on the molding, thank you for pointing it out.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is right next to a business complex where my head office is. Since I am not from the US and I don't drive, this location was very convenient. I was able to survive without a car and still access essentials like eat out joints (few nearby & walkable) and convenience stores. The hotel however does not look new. There is a bit of age showing up in the property. The room was large unlike the ones I find in Europe. Also, the sleep quality was very good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Greetings Kamesh,

We are happy to be able to provide you a convenient place to stay on your long trip from home and that you are thrilled with our over-sized guest rooms. Thank you for the review of the hotel and hope to have you return in the future.

jlin@menlohotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#8 of 15 in Edison
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Edison? Share your experiences!