“Love it here!!!!!”

Crowne Plaza Edison
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have always had wonderful visits to this hotel and come here because the staff is friendly, always acknowledge of my IGH status, greet me with a smile and "welcome back" and offer spectacular room rates.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Internet was not working...food was not great and the bathrooms were not clean...the water out of the sink in the bathrooms was scolding hot.

This hotel was so sub par and I was not even an overnight guest...THANK GOODNESS I stayed elsewhere for the meeting, I can only imagine the rooms. Totally outdated hotel

The smoking area for meeting goers is the front of the hotel-guess where the smoke goes, right in the lobby and restaurant...really not cool

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Teri,

We do provide a 1800 number 24/7 internet support for any guest experiencing internet issues. They are our wireless provider and are contracted to make your internet experience flawless. Please do not hesitate to ask the front desk for that support if you do return to the hotel in the future. We apologize if the public bathroom was not clean, we are having turnovers with the lobby attendant staff, but will make sure they are all properly trained to service the public area. We are aware of the water temperature potentially being too hot, and have scheduled a company to fix it ASAP. Thank you for the feedback on the smoke traveling into the hotel, we will devise a course of action to fix the issue.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This Hotel is Fantastic in so many ways. Not only is the Staff friendly and welcoming on a one to one basis. But the went above and beyond in acknowledging my Elite Status as an IHG Rewards member. Was there for a Conference, their meeting room are well equipped and the Catering staff did a GREAT job on Lunch.
The room was beautiful and spotless. I would recommend the Presidential Suite to anyone who is looking for a little extra pampering with you own balcony.
I had already made my next reservation to stay there again

Room Tip: For a light night snack, don't drive anywhere..... try the lounge
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a generous review! It is encouraging and delightful to our staff that their efforts are recognized. We certainly look forward to your return trip here.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Christie’s Steak House inside of hotel.
Just exquisite. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant. From the food to the service. I have eaten in this restaurant several times. Everything has always been perfect. I love the Filet Mignon. It always is served perfect just the way I ordered. I have had their appetizers several times. They are always tasty and the portions are generous. My server Farook is a special waiter. He is courteous, polite and super professional. I would more then recommend this restaurant to anyone. Do your self a favor and try it and make sure that you ask for Farook to be your server.
Greg DeSantis

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Business trip checked in around 9:30pm no one at desk then someone showed up not too friendly but while she was checking me in another employee rudly interrupted about looking for a key I had room on 5th floor facing outside so noise was louder tv is very small and like others room fan was LOUD I do like the fridge and Keruig internet slooooow at 2mbs parking is aways from front door of hotel especially when its raining, windy & cold room was large could not hear neighbors so either they wete quiet or I did not have any but I did hear there fan next door. Would continue to stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for the review and also thank you for concluding that you will continue staying with us as we will have more opportunities to improve your stay. A couple items:

- front desk friendliness and courtesy had been pinpointed as our current point of emphasis for the front desk staff, and we expect to see improvements
- our wireless internet usually tests around 5mb/s, but entirely possible the speed drops to 2mb/s on high usage. We are planning another internet upgrade this year, an ambitious project that should place on at the very top of NJ.

We look forward to your return to the hotel.

General Manager.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The rooms are large and have some nice conveniences like a fridge and coffee maker. The cleanliness was not spectacular. I would not have drank out of the glassware because I could tell the paper coasters underneath had not been changed in a while. The bed was not the most comfortable I have been in. Free wifi was nice but relatively slow. I got a deal that included breakfast which was fine. I was also on the club level floor which was supposed to be a quiet floor including no room service before 10am. The second morning I was there, room service was in the halls and rooms by 9am. The club lounge was nice with drinks and food provided for a very large window of time. This is clearly a business hotel since that is mostly the guests I saw, including all the UPS pilots. Unfortunately there is very little to do around this hotel. I found 3 restaurants within walking distance. The chinese food was ok, the indian food was better. What I always find odd at a predominately business hotel, where everyone shows up by shuttle, is that transportation is limited. A hotel shuttle will take you within 5 miles from 8am-6pm. However it seemed like most of the activites in the area are outside that range and when I arrive back to the hotel at 6pm, I would have to walk or use a cab. Not the end of the world, but something that I think would be welcome to most business guests. Either way, this is probably the best in the area. I have stayed at 3 other hotels and outside of staying in an entirely different town, this was the best of the bunch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for some housekeeping details that can assist us in becoming better. We will speak to the housekeeping team again regarding the noise level prior to 10am, apologies that it impacted your sleep quality.

If our shuttle is available, we do offer to take guests to Menlo Park Mall, a very large sized mall with signature restaurants/stores, hopefully that will help with your selection of restaurants on your next trip.

Thank you for the feedback again, and hope to see you return.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The front staff was most pleasant. Check in was very prompt. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, sufficient light, plugs and WiFi is operating at a decent speed. Bathroom clean and updated.
There is a park nearby to which one can run and exercise, weather permitting, safely and without traffic, except for the local cops changing shift at the government building. Running at night is no problem, feeling safe, even with scant lighting.
Full breakfast available, starting at 6:00 AM offers sufficient variety for all tastes.
Surroundings are OK and access to Interstate is quick and easy.
Hotels are all the attributes for a pleasant business stay, leave early after breakfast and come back late for a run and kick back.
Will be happy to go back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Wow thank you for the splendid review of our hotel! We are indeed as safe as it gets being a few hundred feet away from the police department. It is so nice to hear that you have enjoyed multiple aspects of your stay, and look forward to your return!