All reviewsexecutive floorrooms are largeelite membernice hotelbed was comfortablebusiness triphotel restaurantan upgradefree weightsafter midnightcomfortable staylobbyspireseminarconvenience
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a recent business trip to the area. I arrived late and had to leave early so I didn't get to use many amenities but the room was spacious, clean and well maintained. The mattress seemed brand-new, it was very comfortable and the pillows were a dream.

The bathroom was large and the shower worked well, with the exception of the drain. It did not drain well and left you standing in a couple of inches of water at the end of your shower.

I thought the price paid was reasonable for the area and the staff was friendly and helpful. I have stayed here in the past and will stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Tammi V, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear NHDave,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Edison. We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our new pillows! Sleep quality is important to us and I am glad that was achieved. We look forward to welcoming you back when business travel brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza a few times and throughly enjoyed it. Being a Spire Elite member of the IHG club, I was upgraded to a suite on the top floor. It was a spacious room with a refrigerator and microwave as well as water and three cans of soda. The top floor is designated as a quiet floor which made it perfect for relaxing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tammi V, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Mike E,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty to IHG. As a Spire Member and a frequent traveler your review goes a long way. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back when business travel takes you back our way.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I stayed here for a few nights for a conference on site. Overall it was a pleasant stay. The location was pretty central and easy to get to off of the highway. We didn't have to travel far around to get anything we needed, so for a conference it was a good location. The room was large and spacious. It was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable and easy to sleep in. It was more comfortable than I would have originally expected. The hotel gym is open at all the right hours, near 24/hrs a day so that is awesome so you don't have to wait till like 8 a.m. to get your morning workout in. I found the food at the bar pretty good, but the service I got there wasn't that great. I feel like I was an inconvenience to the server.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tammi V, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Nate080411,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Edison. Our team takes great pride in providing our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations. We hope that you come back and visit us on your next business trip.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I was surprised by the quality of the hotel. I was expecting less, and overall my experience was great. It's far from Manhattan, but for the price it worth the ride. Breakfast was good, the room was super clean and the staff was nice. However, the bathroom could get a renovation (fan was not working, and some issue with the bath cap).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tammi V, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear AxeBra2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Edison. We will be undergoing renovations in the very near future and hope that you come back to visit during your next trip to Manhattan.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I travel to the area regularly and this is the 5th hotel I stayed at in the area.

Pros:
- Large room
- Room upgrade for elite member

Cons:
- Mystery charge on my bill
- Breakfast was not free even for top tier elite
- The shampoo in my room has obviously been partially used by the previous guest and not replaced
- The food at the hotel restaurant was mediocre

The hotel seems like it's due for an update. Unless the rate is really favorable, I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi stardream,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a thorough account of your stay, we're glad to have hosted an IHG Rewards Club member. We consistently aim to provide comfortable accommodations. That said, I'm pleased to see your positive remarks for our large rooms and upgrade. On the downside, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles regarding your bill. It's also sad that our overall upkeep and breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is important and shared with the team to help recover our service level and ensure that we are on par.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. Do know I've also reached out to you privately to get more information.

Regards,