“disappointed”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Ontario,
“disappointed”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I often stay in the Red Roof Inns while attending sports events which I participate in. I was really disappointed at this particular hotel, in Edison NJ. Room wasn't cleaned while I was out during the day and someone's contact lens was at the edge of the carpet during my entire stay.The rooms we reserved were not available because they had "corporate" guests overstay their reservations, so they let it cut into ours. I was surprised as I always love Red Roof Inns.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank staghornlabs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Rochester NY
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Red Roof Inns advertise themselves as smoke free. No way. The rooms all reek of chemicals covering up the smell of smoke. It made me seriously ill. This is a universal problem with Red Roof Inns. They would do netter to set aside some rooms for smokers. That way at least some of. The rooms may actually end up smoke free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbarawwarren
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed for five nights earlier this month. We stayed in a renovated room with a king bed. We checked in on a Saturday and the American lady at the desk was very nice to deal with. Monday morning we wanted to get a taxi to the train station and there was a different lady at the desk. I think she was Indian. She called the taxi for us then proceeded to loudly converse with another employee in their native language. It is extremely rude to converse in another language when there are people in the room who do not speak or understand that language. One afternoon my husband picked up a face washer and folded inside it was a bunch of dust and hair! The cleaners, who also appeared to be from the subcontinent, were a door or two along from our room and had done our room already. The face washer had just been put there as we had used both of the ones that were there from the day before. Every day we had to go to the office and get the key reprogrammed as it wouldn't open the door in the afternoon when we returned to the motel. Other than that we enjoyed our stay. The local taxi charges a flat rate of $8 to go to the Metuchen station, then when we came back from NYC the taxi depot was right across from the station.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I came to this room cause my hotel that I was staying at had sold out . So I took a chance on this hotel . Easy check-in but No elevators and once I got to my room they gave me A un-clean room . They cleaned they room pretty fast . It wasn't until night fall . The creatures comes out . I was bitten a few times on my neck . I got and put my clothes and inspect the bed didn't see anything but once time progress maybe 15 mins went by I sent it . I took a pic and killed it . I went to front office and the lady told me to wait till the morning ppl come in the morning , so how would I sleep . I'm scared another one might come again . And it's 430 am in the morning I'm still tired but I won't be able to sleep knowing it's bed bugs in my room . I knew I shouldn't stay here . YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED .....

• Stayed September 2013
9 Thank Nikki5900
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a one night stay and it was great. There were plenty of places to walk our dog and the room and bed were clean. The room had WiFi and a desk. We would definitely stay at another Red Roof Inn. We had a King size bed, plenty of room for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are better for older people, you have your car in front of your door. We p...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BigMrE
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here on my way to New York because I could get a much cheaper room in NJ vs NYC. This hotel is pretty much what you'd expect. Low prices, decent rooms, friendly service. While nothing fancy, I have no complaints about this hotel and would recommend it for a night or two if you're looking for a bargain. It was clean, safe, and included free parking and WiFi. Don't expect a 4 star hotel and you won't be disappointed.

Two notes: you enter the rooms from the outside walkway, and the sink is outside of the rest of the bathroom. I found this very convenient when staying with several people.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My son and I stayed there for 1 night in out recent Road Trip to the East Coast. The room is clean but the smell of whatever product they use to clean it was very upsetting to me. At least it has good strength free Wi Fi but for only a few dollars more I'd have been able to stay in much better place. Towels and bedding is really cheap. There was only local channels on the TV, but I don't think they advertise Cable TV, my stay was really short so I didn't bother to ask. I think is fine, but maybe they should review the price for what they offer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family