Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
US$144
US$140
US$65
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsclub levelnew jerseyraritan centerlobby areanj turnpikefitness centermaggiestarbucksbartenderbusinessnycroute
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I booked ourselves into this hotel when we lost power over the cold weekend in October before Halloween when we got snow. They were short staffed and at full capacity and yet I have never felt better cared for. They were very efficient, pleasant, accommodating. Really, if a hotel can make you feel good when they're handling crises (i heard several people trying desperately to resolve problems due to the chaos of stranded travellers, displaced home owners... it was kind of mayhem), but they handled it with aplomb and grace. The restaurant was also very short handed and stressed out but they were more than gracious in comping us both the appetizers and dessert as their way of making up for the slow service due to the circumstances. We were impressed.

And the room was nice smelling. Not just clean but actually pleasant. The bed and pillows were so comfortable I kind of wanted to take them home and throw out my own bed. I would recommend them highly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison @ Raritan Center

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Someone booked this hotel for me for a business trip; I was a little concerned based on other reviews, but there really was no basis for concern.

Hotel was very convenient to my business and seemed well run. The housekeeping was, in fact, outstanding, everything neat and organized and VERY clean. The pool and jacuzzi were also clean and well kept, if a bit older.

One complaint, when McDonald's has free wifi, how does a big hotel chain like Sheraton have the nerve to charge 10 bucks a day?!?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 200 level. The "view" is a rooftop full of HVAC equipment.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison @ Raritan Center

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Not once did our order come correct to us. The food tasted great but was hard to get right what we ordered.

• Stayed: November 2011
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Edison. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit

I have addressed your comments with the team and will continue to train the staff so that orders are served correctly.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have stayed at many a Sheraton over My lifetime and I have to say that I was VERY VERY unpleasantly surprised by this establishment, They completely messed up the reservation, and although it was corrected, it ended up costing more because of their error, and they did not honor the agreement they gave me on the phone when it was corrected. The room was sparse and poorly decorated, no in room fridge, no safe, small, weird lights, old, damaged furniture. The sheets felt more like plastic than cloth, the room was not feather free as requested which resulted in a very bad night for me the first stay, and I had to ask 3 times to get it corrected the next day. Internet is charged PER DEVICE, the maid service did not clean the second or third night - simply made the beds. No coffee cups provided and when brought up - had hair in them, as did the towels.... keys had to be reprogrammed every day... and the list goes on.

The ONLY good point was the staff at the front desk - they were great!

All I can say is - there are several other options that are close by - my advise - choose one of them and skip this establishment - it is NOT worthy of the Sheraton name, and honestly, will make me question staying at another Sheraton at all.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lady F

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Edison. I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations for several aspects of your stay and apologize sincerely for the issues that you encountered.

I have reviewed your comments with the staff and assure you that your comments are taken seriously. The associates that provided less than outstanding service have been spoken too.

Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were onre of the first guest to check in after the property was shut down for three days to to loss of electricity from hurrincane Irene. It was old school for the day. They has to take out the origonal room keys due to the loss of electricity. A hotel enginner followed us to our room to make sure the A?C would work properly. I feel that they did a great job with the conditions they endured from the storm. They were honest in what they could offer during our stay, and I say that was great. Better to know what to expect be for you check inn. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family