“Poor quality Sheraton in Edison NJ”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, NY
“Poor quality Sheraton in Edison NJ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed here for a 6 day business event at the nearby NJ convention center. Room overall was OK, but definitely not the typical Sheraton quality. The tile mortar in the bathroom tub walls was black in many spots from what appeared to be mold spores. The room carpeting had many dark stains near the door area. The 3 elevators were continuously out of service all week long. Sunday night all 3 elevators were out of service and customers were being ferried 6 at a time through the back kitchen service elevator! I had to wait in line with about 40 other customers almost 20 minutes. The front service employees seemed very non-chalant about the elevator issues, especially when I recommended they put out-of-order signs on all of the elevator doors at the individual interior floor levels.
The breakfast buffet was horrid. The scrambled eggs had no taste, sausage links were uncooked, and the french toast one morning was so hard I'm surprised I didn't chip a tooth.
Hotel bar is understaffed (only 1 bartender every night) and very expensive. Sam Adams draft was $6.25.
Overall very dissatisfied with my experience at this Sheraton hotel.

1 Thank Ontario315er
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Edison. I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations for several aspects of your stay and apologize sincerely for the issues that you encountered.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with the team and assure you we are working to resolve the issues you described.

Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently stayed over at the Sheraton Edison Raritan Center on a Sunday night. Check in was quick and efficient and earlier than the anticipated time. Front desk staff was very accommodating. Our room was very clean and recently renovated. Despite quite a few other guests on the floor the room was quiet in the evening. The lobby has a nice business center, restaurant and Starbuck's. The breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was reasonable and a good portion. Harold's is an excellent deli just a short distance from the hotel. Just plan to bring a friend or tow as all portions are humongous and meant to share. It's been featured on Man vs. Food if that tells you anything! Easy access to and from the NJ turnpike at exit 10.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I booked ourselves into this hotel when we lost power over the cold weekend in October before Halloween when we got snow. They were short staffed and at full capacity and yet I have never felt better cared for. They were very efficient, pleasant, accommodating. Really, if a hotel can make you feel good when they're handling crises (i heard several people trying desperately to resolve problems due to the chaos of stranded travellers, displaced home owners... it was kind of mayhem), but they handled it with aplomb and grace. The restaurant was also very short handed and stressed out but they were more than gracious in comping us both the appetizers and dessert as their way of making up for the slow service due to the circumstances. We were impressed.

And the room was nice smelling. Not just clean but actually pleasant. The bed and pillows were so comfortable I kind of wanted to take them home and throw out my own bed. I would recommend them highly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Someone booked this hotel for me for a business trip; I was a little concerned based on other reviews, but there really was no basis for concern.

Hotel was very convenient to my business and seemed well run. The housekeeping was, in fact, outstanding, everything neat and organized and VERY clean. The pool and jacuzzi were also clean and well kept, if a bit older.

One complaint, when McDonald's has free wifi, how does a big hotel chain like Sheraton have the nerve to charge 10 bucks a day?!?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 200 level. The "view" is a rooftop full of HVAC equipment.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Not once did our order come correct to us. The food tasted great but was hard to get right what we ordered.

• Stayed November 2011
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Edison. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit

I have addressed your comments with the team and will continue to train the staff so that orders are served correctly.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have stayed at many a Sheraton over My lifetime and I have to say that I was VERY VERY unpleasantly surprised by this establishment, They completely messed up the reservation, and although it was corrected, it ended up costing more because of their error, and they did not honor the agreement they gave me on the phone when it was corrected. The room was sparse and poorly decorated, no in room fridge, no safe, small, weird lights, old, damaged furniture. The sheets felt more like plastic than cloth, the room was not feather free as requested which resulted in a very bad night for me the first stay, and I had to ask 3 times to get it corrected the next day. Internet is charged PER DEVICE, the maid service did not clean the second or third night - simply made the beds. No coffee cups provided and when brought up - had hair in them, as did the towels.... keys had to be reprogrammed every day... and the list goes on.

The ONLY good point was the staff at the front desk - they were great!

All I can say is - there are several other options that are close by - my advise - choose one of them and skip this establishment - it is NOT worthy of the Sheraton name, and honestly, will make me question staying at another Sheraton at all.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
1 Thank Lady F

I have reviewed your comments with the staff and assure you that your comments are taken seriously. The associates that provided less than outstanding service have been spoken too.

General Manager, Sheraton Edison
Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were onre of the first guest to check in after the property was shut down for three days to to loss of electricity from hurrincane Irene. It was old school for the day. They has to take out the origonal room keys due to the loss of electricity. A hotel enginner followed us to our room to make sure the A?C would work properly. I feel that they did a great job with the conditions they endured from the storm. They were honest in what they could offer during our stay, and I say that was great. Better to know what to expect be for you check inn. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family