“Gluten Free” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Gluten Free”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Hotel is in a very good location, the reception staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are quite satisfactory.
However, the restaurant brings down the whole experience.
When requesting some help re Gluten Free options, the staff seem to have no understanding at all what that means and in fact, the supervisor was arguing with me that breakfast wasn't 'free' (there was a charge) and I had to enlist the help of Guest Services personnel to explain.
In this day and age, one would expect that staff at a major chain hotel would be better informed.

Room Tip: Request a room furthest from the elevator equipment
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you very much for your response regarding your recent stay at out hotel. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and your room quite satisfactory. I do apologize however for the lack of knowledge of our waitsfaff. We are currently upgrading our level of service standards along with our menu options. Additionally we are deploying new seasoned leadership in our culinary and Food and Beverage Operations to raise the level in both these categories to meet the increased level of our valued clientel. We hope that we will see you in the future to experience our new menu that will also offer gluten free options as well. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

OK, I have to seriously doubt the veracity of the reviews on this site if the ones for this hotel are to be believed. This hotel is a dump. I am Starwood Gold and can safely say that this is one of the worst Starwood properties I have stayed at. All rooms, no matter the location (i changed my club level room twice) have a loud elevator gear noise. Internet is not complimentary and nor are calls (800 even!). Lobby is not at all inviting and the bar is a joke. The bartender describes wines as merlot and cab and refused to mention labels as she says they are all the same. Room service plate comes in sloshy with stains on the napkins and the steak was swimming in a yellow pool of liquid. Shower head not functional and was asked if the tub would work instead? Housekeeping did not show up for the day I stayed. Nice. This is a drab, sorry place.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank genomesolutions
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback during your most recent stay with us. I am sorry that the stay that you had with us was not a pleasant one and that we failed to meet your expectations. We are in the process of addressing the noise you experienced from the elevator and should come up with some solutions in the near future. Additionally we have addressed the short comings you encountered in Food and Beverage area and are making positive changes to this area as well. Once again my sincere apology for our shortfalls and hopefully in the future we will have an opportunity to redeem ourselves and to serve you again Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Edison hotels

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

very nice place and enjoyable experience
No free internet or Starbuks that is open sunday
free parking
great location on the freeway
did not eat here to review Friendly Staff or test the pool
Can use free internet in the lobby for one hour

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Texan9999
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you very much for your most recent response during your stay with us. We are glad that you found your stay enjoyable and pleasant. We will share your positive experience with our team and you'll be happy to know that we are considering opening on Sundays our Starbucks. We have recieved many positive comments from our guest about it and it is a unique feature that we offer at our facility that many other hotels do not have. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and we hope by then you will be able to enjoy our Starbucks facility. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

A quick stopover. Easy in easy out on NJ Tpke. Dinner was a steak salad; steak was a bit grisley. Clean and easy. Do not recall club lounge so must not have been that remarkable. Would mainly stay here again as I am spg platinum.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I have shared with our Chef your experience regarding your Steak Salad and he has revisited the presentation and quality with his team to ensure it will meet future expectations. We do have a nice club lounge located on the top floor of our hotel that has recieved many positive comments and is always being updated from presentation to menu items , hopefully on your return visit we would love your feedback on ways to make it even better. I am glad that you did find the service and cleanliness acceptable as well as the location. We do greatly value you business and your Platinium status and hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony Lucca General Manager
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Room: It's a standard Sheraton quality room that you'd get in the US. It has the comfortable beds, coffee machine, large bathroom basin area, noisy heating and no sound proofing from next door. It's all you'll need if you're on business but definitely not worth the money for leisure.
Service: Reception at this Sheraton treats you like you owe them heaps if you're just a standard traveller or with a tour group. I have noticed the difference in how they go above and beyong for their club room guests. The receptionist basically had a 'face off' and gave me an impatient when it comes to serving me (after the club room guest). It was quite amusing to watch. So I had to put my smile away too. Why bother. One incident was when I had to ask for refills for some stuff in my room and make them aware of some house keeping oversights. The receptionist basically gave me the 'really?' look and just said 'yep, ok' in mono tone. Maybe these order takers should work supermarkets instead. Disappointing.
Housekeeping: First nights house keeping was exceptional. Room attendant Martha was so detailed that she replaced everything we used and left things so neat for us. I was very impressed. Second night however, not so lucky. 1. No refills to creamer, sugar, tea, cups (basically everything on the coffee machine tray), 2. Left our ice bucket as it is, with water in the plastic bag. Ok, don't empty the melted ice, but at least give us a new plastic bag. 3. Left part of the trash/recycling still in the room. (we folded all the paper bags and tucked it in a plastic bag NEXT to the trash bin with all the other trash).

Obviously reception/guest services wasn't interested in what I had to say, so if you're here at Sheraton Edison, don't expect anyone to listen to you.

Lastly, 2 final incidents happened which you might be interested to know:
1. 10pm banging on the door. None stop banging when I already shouted that I was coming to the door. I was extremely annoyed because I was sleeping already. Turns out the lady had the wrong room for some extra towels. She was obviously unhappy about having to bring towels so didn't even apologise. She just walked off.
2. Inroom Wireless. You can purchase $10 for 24 hours but only on one device. Meaning that you will need to pay again if you want to hook up another device. Just be cautious and only purchase it on the one that you will use. I made the silly mistake of buying it on my phone when I actually needed it on my PC for work.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank eLasticbarbie
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you so much for your response regarding your most recent stay with us. I was very surprised to hear about your experience relating to the service and houskeeping standards your recieved. I have spoken with all management members to address our short comings during your most recent stay. Usually we are very proud of our service , upkeep and standards at our property and have shown many positive result to this. We have rectified your experience shortfalls and have shared your comments in all of our departmental stand up meetings to ensure that this does not reoccur. I sincerely apologize to you for failing to meet your expectations. Regards, Tony L General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I visited the Sheraton Edison from December 22 to 25 with a Chinese tour group. A religious group had practically booked all the other rooms in the hotel, so it was very busy every time I went back to the hotel since the seminars would end and a group of people would try to use the elevators and practically all the floors were selected. The elevator seemed slow, there are 3 elevators and one of them goes all the way down to the pool.

In the lobby, there is a set of computers which allow you to log into the internet. There is also a computer next to the reception that looks up routes. I didn't pay for internet but if you would like internet service, you have to pay about $10 for 24hr service on a machine that you let reception to input the code. So it's not like this wifi is transferable between the different machines.

Our room was cleaned everyday. Our room had a nice LCD tv, and Starbucks coffee and bottles of water. My tour guide had said the bottle of water was for free but one says free and the other says $2, so that was a big confusing. The walls are pretty thin. We could hear our next door neighbor's morning call (which happened to be 3am), and kids running through the hall. But it was mainly quiet after 11pm, so sleep was fine. Our tub was fine and we got new towels.

We stayed here mainly because we were going to Manhattan, and the staff at reception were SUPER helpful. We got a shuttle van to take us to the closest train station which is Metuchen train station. It's about $11 to get to Penn Station in Manhattan (about 40-50 minutes). On the way back, you have to cross the street to get a taxi. The hotel had also offered to have a shuttle pick up. It costs about $12.50 from Metuchen station back to the hotel. There's another station called Metro Park, but this is further from the hotel. It costs about $18.50 to get to the hotel (unless I got ripped off).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tony L, Owner at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you very much for your stay with us and the feed back you provided. I am glad to hear that our staff was very helpful to your needs, however I do apologize for the noise issues that you had and the elevators being slow. I have checked the day you stayed with us and at that time we did have a large group that took up the entire hotel which I believe contributed to both . We look forward to when your travel brings you back to the area and hope you will be staying with us again. Please feel free on your next return to contact me. Warm Regards,
williamstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Can't complain about anything with the stay..it was a nice rest stop for the family after a full day site in NYC..nice and quiet room set away from all the action n the hotel..staff was very helpful..

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you very much for your response during your most recent visit, we greatly appreciate the time you have taken to complete. Each comment is shared with our team at the hotel and reviewed to further improve our service standards and to also compliment our team on a job well done. We hope to see you in the near future . Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday season.
Tony Lucca General Manager.