“Weekend Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Harrisburg, PA
“Weekend Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

On the evenings of July 25 and 26, I had the opportunity to stay at this facility. The front desk staff was more than accommodating and had me set up in a room in no time. Each staff member that I had the pleasure of dealing with was courteous and very helpful. I found the room very clean and the bathroom even nicer. I appreciate that they are pet-friendly as I often travel with two small dogs.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday morning and was very, very pleased. The waitress was on the spot with coffee and the food came quickly and exactly as I requested. There were a fair number of folks dining at that time but the service was super fast.

I will definitely stay at this facility next time I am in the area.

My only suggestion would be to include more information in the standard hotel flyer that is in each room. I was not able to get as much information from it as I would have liked. I would also suggest letting guests with pets know exactly where they are allowed to walk their dogs so as not to upset neighboring businesses.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you very much for the kind response regarding your stay with us. Our team will be very excited about the positive feedback you provided. We look forward to share your comments with our team at our next meeting. Hopefully we will have the opporutunity to see you again in the near future.
Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I waited for 2 hours at the Metuchen train station for hotel shuttle service after my first pick-up call. The hotel is only a few mins driving to the train station. I called the hotel every 20 mins afterward but I didn't see any pick up. They said their driver went to the train station 3 times but didn't see me. That's strange. The train station is so small and has only one pick-up area. Waves of people got picked up by relatives or friends, but I was the only person got forgotten in the station. Each time I called the hotel, I left my cell number, but no one called me. If the driver did come to pick up, why he didn't call when couldn't find the client in the station? The only conclusion is either the drive is so dumb or the hotel was lying. I am fine with hotel with no shuttle service. But if they provide it, they should at least do their work.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jake L
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you very much for your recent response during your stay with us. We do sincerely apologize that you had challenges connecting with our shuttle van. Our shuttle van is always high in demand and frequently called apon by our guest. It serves as a valuable and convenient asset and our drivers are the best at providing efficient timely pickups. We have reviewed your comments with our team at the hotel and have also purchased another van last month that will be delivered this Thursday at the hotel. It will be double in size and able to accommodate many more guest. Hopefully in the future we do have an opportunity to have you stay with us again and if so I look forward to meeting you to and providing the service that you are expected to have. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Meridian, MS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is an old Sheraton and although the lobby has been remodeled nicely, the property is still tired, rooms are small, and décor old and in poor shape. Worst of all is the van/shuttle service which is very understaffed and they are very poor at scheduling. Several times over the week we stayed, we waited over an hour and a half for a ride. The only driver takes off for two hours between 3 and 5pm everyday and many times I called the front desk to reserve the van and was told to come down, only to find the drivers left on a different trip in the 2 minutes it took me to get to the lobby. Also the internet does not work with WIndows 7 laptops although the front desk denies this.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you very much for your recent response during your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. It is unfortunate to hear that your perception of the rooms were tired and old, our teams continues to maintain a solid preventive maintence program to ensure the product is well maintained and kept up to date. We are happy that our comments about a dated product are minimal and we do apologize once again for this not being the case with your stay. Our shuttle service is provided on request only and is very accommodating to transporting within a five radius.Due to the quick turnaround time often of the shuttle service we prefer not to handle reservations due to short term demand, we are sorry to created a disruption to your travel schedule. We have also contacted our corporate internet department regarding the compatability of Window 7 usage and have found that it is compatable and have ordered a survey to ensure there is compliance for future usage. We hope that we will have an opportuntity to see you again in the near future. Once again our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had the pleasure of spending the night of July 21st at this particular hotel. My travels propmted a late check-in, and the staff were happy to accomodate my arrival time. Upon check-in, I was greeted by a friendly front desk attendant who welcomed me to the hotel and promptly began the process. In my online reservation -- booked directly through the hotel's website -- I mentioned my preference for a high floor level. The front desk attendant surprised me with an upgraded room which was located on one of the highest floors. Needless to say I was very satisfied with the check-in experience.

The common areas were bright and clean and the rest of the staff were also friendly; they greeted me each time they saw me during my stay. A convenient amenity was the Starbucks located just off the lobby area. Unfortunately, service was quite slow and it took me 10 minutes to get a cup of joe and there were only five people in front of me. I guess I should've opted to use the in-room coffee maker instead.

The room itself was great. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to hotel room decor, and this hotel room was on the cusp of becoming outdated. But that's what I expected from a large chain hotel in this particular locale, so I wasn't disappointed by any means. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. My room was next to the elevator, but I have to admit I rarely heard it. The bathroom was large and included a few "extras" in the lineup of toiletries, including shave gel and a loofa. Nice touch.

Overall, it was a satisfying experience. If I return to this area I'll most certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. We are very happy to hear that our team at the front desk was able to provide you with a high floor and that you found the hotel clean and welcoming. Our team takes great pride in exceeding expectations and values all guest feedback. On another note however we do sincerely apologize for the delay and disconnect in service at Starbucks, we have taken corrective action to ensure these is corrected for any future encounters. Once again thank you very much for staying with us and your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

My husband and I had to be in town for a meeting on Friday, and we decided to make a weekend out of it. The hotel staff was great with everything we asked of them. We asked the front desk for a few items, and the woman who brought up our mini fridge had a wonderful attitude and was very prompt. The front desk service was excellent, and were able to help us answer a few questions about the hotel and guest services. We really enjoyed spending time at the hotel bar chatting with other guests as well as Maggie, the bartender, and Nino the Exec. Chef. The food was terrific and as far as hotel food and service goes, this was top notch.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your response during your stay with us. Our team takes great pride regarding our guest feedback. We are very happy to here that you had a good stay with us and that our front desk meet your needs with a positive attitude. It is also great to hear that Maggie and Nino spent some time with you in our lounge and were engaging as well. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you very much. Warm Regards Tony L. General Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed overnight but this is a typical Sheraton hotel. Clean and comfortable with good customer service. Rooms are fitted out nicely to make a stay enjoyable. I have not ranked this hotel as high as I would other Sheraton establishments primarily because I found it a little out of the way however worth a stay if you get the opportunity

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. Our team greatly appreiciates the feedback and will be happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. We pride ourselves on great customer service and are always very happy to hear when we exceeded our guest expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards Tony L. General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Had great transportation to and from train station. The food was excellent. Room service was prompt and the food was hot. Club level food and beverage was very tasty, and attendants were organized.

• Stayed June 2013
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you very much for your recent response regarding your stay with us. It is good to hear that you found the shuttle convenient to your travel plans, also we are glad that you had the opportunity to experience our club lounge and the attendant meet your needs. We will share your feedback with our team members and thank you for your positive feedback . We hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager