“Very Friendly Staff But Club Lounge Needs Help”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel has a very friendly staff and they aim to please. I stayed in a standard room with a king sized bed on the club floor. I am a Starwood member and that was my upgrade. The room was smaller than anticipated. It would have been fine for one person but was a bit cramped for two. Everything was updated and clean. The air conditioning did not seem to be cooling and we called the front desk. They answered the phone right away and used my name. Not ten minutes later, a maintenance person came to fix it. Unfortunately, it began to blow hot air (it was August) after he left. We called again and waited (it was now 80 degrees in the room and it was 10:45 PM at night). We called again and the maintenance person came with a new air conditioner. I have never seen that before. He had that thing going in ten minutes. We were so glad they didn't ask us to move because we were so tired. On check-out, they gave us 1,000 Starwood points for the inconvenience (not too shabby). The only negative was the so called club. Three floors shared the club lounge which was miniscule - about the size of two standard rooms put together. It wasn't very nice and the breakfast was so-so. We thought we were getting something "executive level" but it was your run of the mill dry eggs, plastics cups, etc. Besides, I think more people were in there that were actually on the club levels (lots of families). I would stay there again, but don't think you are getting anything special being on the club floor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us, it is good to hear that you found our staff friendly, hotel clean and your accommodation updated.However I do sincerly apologize for the airconditioning unit malfunctioning within your room, it was good to see that our Engineer did go above expectations that evening to replace it with a new one and we do hope that the delay did not cause too much inconvience. I see that we placed you on our club floor but did notice the breakfast area you found small, we are aware this and are looking at options to expand due to the unanticipated demand for these floors. In closing I would like
an opportunity to make this up to you on a future visit if you would be so kind to contact me at the hotel it would greatly be appreciated. Once again our sincere apology and we hope that we can meet in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stopped by for one night to this little hotel while passing through, checkin was quick and easy, room was comfortable and quiet and staff was friendly and attentive, don't need anything else from a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for your recent response. We are glad to hear that your needs were meet and that our team took good care of you during your stay. We hope that your travels will bring you back to this area again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a SPG category 2 in Central NJ, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the rooms and staff at this property. Made for a great one night stay. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent comments. It is great to hear that you found our staff engaging and the hotel clean. Our team takes great pride in the work they perform for our valued guest such as yourself. We hope that we have an opportunity to see you again in the near future Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Maggie in the bar is a must visit! A/C in room on the fritz but the tried to repair timely. Front desk team was very focused on customer service. They pulled a team member to drive the shuttle so I could grab lunch when I arrived between restaurant service hours.

• Stayed: August 2013
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you very much for your recent response. We do sincerely apologize for the inconvience you encountered regarding the airconditioning within you room but were happy to hear that our team responded timely. Thank you as well for your kind comments regarding the flexability of our staff members and in particular Maggie at the bar. We will be sure to share your positive comments regarding her service, it is not the first time she recieved such a positive response. We hope that that we have the opportunity to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel and rooms are great and very clean. The staff are fantastic. The hotel bar is one to do, Maggie who runs the bar is one of the nicest people I have met and after being here a few times will miss very much as my last time here in Edison. She always very polite and great to talk too and thanks very much for everything my team wish you all the best for the future.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you very much for your recent response. We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and our team meet your expectations. I am very glad that Maggie took care of you at the bar and provided the service that you expect. She has recieved positive comments in past and always makes it a point to meet valued guest expectations. We hope that your travels bring you back to this area and we have the opportunity to see you again. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2013

On the evenings of July 25 and 26, I had the opportunity to stay at this facility. The front desk staff was more than accommodating and had me set up in a room in no time. Each staff member that I had the pleasure of dealing with was courteous and very helpful. I found the room very clean and the bathroom even nicer. I appreciate that they are pet-friendly as I often travel with two small dogs.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday morning and was very, very pleased. The waitress was on the spot with coffee and the food came quickly and exactly as I requested. There were a fair number of folks dining at that time but the service was super fast.

I will definitely stay at this facility next time I am in the area.

My only suggestion would be to include more information in the standard hotel flyer that is in each room. I was not able to get as much information from it as I would have liked. I would also suggest letting guests with pets know exactly where they are allowed to walk their dogs so as not to upset neighboring businesses.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you very much for the kind response regarding your stay with us. Our team will be very excited about the positive feedback you provided. We look forward to share your comments with our team at our next meeting. Hopefully we will have the opporutunity to see you again in the near future.
Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I waited for 2 hours at the Metuchen train station for hotel shuttle service after my first pick-up call. The hotel is only a few mins driving to the train station. I called the hotel every 20 mins afterward but I didn't see any pick up. They said their driver went to the train station 3 times but didn't see me. That's strange. The train station is so small and has only one pick-up area. Waves of people got picked up by relatives or friends, but I was the only person got forgotten in the station. Each time I called the hotel, I left my cell number, but no one called me. If the driver did come to pick up, why he didn't call when couldn't find the client in the station? The only conclusion is either the drive is so dumb or the hotel was lying. I am fine with hotel with no shuttle service. But if they provide it, they should at least do their work.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jake L
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you very much for your recent response during your stay with us. We do sincerely apologize that you had challenges connecting with our shuttle van. Our shuttle van is always high in demand and frequently called apon by our guest. It serves as a valuable and convenient asset and our drivers are the best at providing efficient timely pickups. We have reviewed your comments with our team at the hotel and have also purchased another van last month that will be delivered this Thursday at the hotel. It will be double in size and able to accommodate many more guest. Hopefully in the future we do have an opportunity to have you stay with us again and if so I look forward to meeting you to and providing the service that you are expected to have. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center

Been to Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center? Share your experiences!