“Nice for business”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel has nice meeting facilities, wi-fi in rooms (for a charge), and a Starbucks in the lobby. The rooms were spacious, and comfortable. The walls might be a little thin, but it wasn't too noisy during my 2 night stay. The location is a little out of the way for a vacation spot. Although the hotel does provide a free shuttle to area restaurants and the train station.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind response, we greatly appreciate your business and the feedback you have given us. It is good to hear that you found the rooms spacious and comfortable and to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and an opportunity to be of service to you again. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2014

2nd stay with this hotel (I travel on a weekly basis to NJ area). The room that was originally assigned to me was occupied by a smoker prior to my arrival. Called the front desk and was assigned another room that had a musty odor (stayed in that room since my first stay had the same odor). First night - there was a domestic going on in the room across the hall. Next day - breakfast in the lounge was cold. I then went to the front desk to talk to the General Manager and the front desk was more involved into cleaning out their purse than helping a guest. Called the General Manager and left a message to share my experience and still waiting for a call back 3 days later. The GM (or staff) not returning a call in inexcusable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you very much for your response and feedback regarding you stay at the Sheraton Edison. First let me apologize for the unacceptable stay that you had with us and for the lack of prompt follow up. I am glad that you and I followed up yesterday to review your experience, as discussed I would have responded sooner to you unfortunatly I was out of the office the time of your call. I have meet with the entire management team yesterday to review our shortcomings regarding the room odor,the lack of professionalism at our front desk, the club lounge and the noise from other guest on your floor and have bought resolution to all. As discussed as an act of good faith we are awarding you with additional compensation for your brand membership understanding this does not change your unacceptable stay. We hope that in the future we have an opportunity to see you again and show you the type of service and standards you are accustom to. Once again our sincere apology on behalf of myself and the team at Sheraton Edison Hotel. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

So thankful to Ken who kindly gave me a ride across town in the Sheraton shuttle instead of making me wait for a cab. He also insisted on picking me up and giving me a ride to the train station. Really appreciate the hospitality and the way all of the staff went above and beyond to ensure I had a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind response , we are happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond with customer service and that the hotel meet all you needs. We always share all experiences with our staff and will do the same with yours, which will make them very happy to hear . You mentioned Ken , who always goes up and above expectations and it is a pleasure to have him with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Warms Regards, Tony L. General Manager.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay especially the quality service from lounge bar where I enjoy coming to as it feels like home. Maggie is a warm and friendly bartender that welcomes you with a smile always" I travel all over but never have that greeting elsewhere . It is so nice to feel special and not like another customer that's how Maggie makes everyone feel. Without that it would not be the same .

• Stayed: April 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for your resonse we are happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. It is also great to see that you identified Maggie at our lounge. Maggie is a wonderful associate and recieves positive praise on a regular basis. We understand that you do have a choice and we thank you for your business and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Sheraton is among my most favorite chain of Hotels. The easy relationship starts with the process of on line reservation and through the check in process. The Sheraton Hotels combine the environment of leisure and business with well equipped rooms and diverse facilities. I've enjoyed my stay immensely in this hotel for two nights and look forward to visit again!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your response and positive feedback on your stay with us. I am happy hear that your reservation was a simplified process and the ease of your check in seemed to make it that much better.We look forward to seeing you back with us again in the near future and thank you very much for staying at our hotel. Warm Regards, Tony L.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Reservations: easy and decent price via TRIPADVISOR!!
Check-In: fast, friendly, and efficient.
Lobby: spacious, modern, clean, and well appointed.
Room: decent sized, nice comfortable bed, flat screen TV, stained carpet, quiet.
Bathroom: decent sized, nice bath products, nice towels, leaking shower head, some mold.
Internet: fast but NOT FREE.
Check-Out: fast and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your comment and constructive feedback, We have shared your feedback with our Executive team and we have incorporated and prioritized your noted comments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your visit with us again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is amazing. The beds and pillows are more comfortable than the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia. I actually think the rooms are more comfortable than the Ritz in Philadelphia. The food is great as well. If you're not a Starwood preferred member than I would suggest you become one. The quality if the food in the club lounge has significantly improved. Thelma that runs the club lounge is the most accommodating lady in the world! This hotel makes you feel at home and there is definitely not the stereotyical "Jersey attitude" whatsoever. I will always stay here when I travel in business.

• Stayed: January 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that our team meet your needs along with your accommodations. It is nice to see that you recognized Thelma on our club lounge. She does an outstanding job for us and recieves many postive comments and is a pleasure to have her on our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, thank you very much for your business. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager