“Excellent stay on business trip”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent stay on business trip”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our team stayed there for a conference this week. We had several last minute scrambles to print out documents, get some of them notarized to close deals, fax, FedEx, the works. Staff there was super helpful, friendly, and competent. Wait staff in restaurant and bar were excellent as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you very much for your nice response. It is very encourging to hear that our team took good care of you. I will ensure to share with all our team members. It is a pleasure to have a team that reacts to each and every request our guest might have to make their stay more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Roseland, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great stay, great service! Great restaurant located in the hotel and the bar there is wonderful. If you go make sure Maggie is your bartender, she is the best! All in all great place to stay, I always enjoy it there.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. It is great to see that you recognized Maggie our bartender. She always recieves alot of praise from our guest and is one of the many reasons they keep coming back. We are happy to see that your experience at the Sheraton Edison was a positive one and look forward to seeing you again.
Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The chairman's lounge, when Maggie is working, is the place to be! She's totally awesome! Perfect spot to land after a long day at work. A full bar with great draft selections. Great atmosphere, great drinks.

• Stayed June 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you very much for your response and your comments about Maggie our bartender. She does an outstanding job for us and many of our guest take the time to provide good positive comments about her service. We appreicate your business and the making the choice the Sheraton Edison Hotel . We hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First, the positive. The food and the staff in the Chairman's Grill was outstanding. Especially, M-F. Claudia went so far above and beyond for us, I can't begin to express how much we appreciated her attention and service.
Now, the negative, the shuttle hours were supposedly 9AM-9:45PM with a break between 3 and 5. Three in our party of eight were left stranded at the Metuchen train station when they called at 2:30 for a ride back to the hotel. They ended up having to pay for a taxi. Another time we decided to go off property for dinner and, having been stranded once, checked with the front desk AND with the shuttle driver to make sure we could get back to the hotel. We were told it would run until 9:45. We called the hotel at 9:00 and were told the shuttle had stopped running. We had to demand someone come pick us up considering we had double checked before we left the property. We had to wait until 9:45 for someone to get to us.
The beds were a bit soft, but that's really a personal taste. I prefer a firmer mattress.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you very much for your response. We value your feedback and input regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that you recieved excellent customer service from Claudia in the restaurant. She is one of our most valued associates and has been with us for a long time. Regarding the shuttle inconsistency I have promptly addressed your concern with our Director of Operations for prompt following up. I would like to make up the added expense to you if you would kindly contact me at the hotel . Thanks you once again for staying with us and our sincere apology for the unfortunate shuttle inconvience . Warm Regards, Tony Lucca
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I got to the hotel late and just wanted to eat and go to sleep. PERFECT. The bar was still serving dinner and it was good...no great. I had a wonderful meal and a very pleasing stay. Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much for such a nice response. We are happy to hear that our hotel meet your expectations. We thank you for your business and understand that you have choices. I will share with our Food and Beverage team your positive experience with our team in this area along with our Chef regarding your meal. We hope to see you again in the near future . Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Positives:1) I'd like to thank "Mariely" at the checkout port; she was professional, patient, knowledgeable, & very helpful in resolving my inquiry. 2) My room was very clean. 3) The "goody bag" at check-in was a delicious bonus, & the room was stocked w bottled water. 4) Security features were appreciated. 5) The TV was very large, w good reception.
Negatives: 1) Unless you're familiar w the area, hotel wasn't that easy to reach. 2) I missed my usual complimentary breakfast that I enjoy at other hotels (but the food at their restaurant was fresh & delicious). 3) The closet was too small, &
the closet door was difficult to open/close.
*Overall, a pleasant experience, due mostly to the terrific workstaff. Also liked that the AC cooled the the room very quickly.:-)

• Stayed May 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you very much for such a nice response. We are happy to hear that Mariely was pleasant and hospitable during your stay,we will be sure to ensure that she is aware along with the rest of the team at the hotel about your stay. We hope that in the near future we have an opportunity to see you again and thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Edison. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Woodbury, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Something needs to be fixed at this hotel. We stayed here for a recent convention in the area and were so happy to see there was a Sheraton nearby the convention center. The lobby is nice enough.... but the rooms are TINY and need to be redone in every way. We needed to store many hanging bags in the closet and the closet was so tiny it was ridiculous. I had called before I went to arrange some things ahead of time. I spent many hours on the phone with a couple of different employees (I had their names and everything) as I explained that it would be very hectic when we arrived and wanted everything in place. NOTHING was in place as was discussed. What was the point of all the time I wasted on the phone and on email???? When I got there NOTHING was as it was supposed to be. I then had to stand at the front desk when I was in a major rush to get to the venue to try and fix some of it. What a disaster. After the horrendous stay, the bill was all wrong and I have been trying for weeks to get in touch with someone who could help me rectify that! I am about a second away from calling and disputing the charges on my credit card. Nothing was done for my inconvenience. I would not recommend this horrible hotel to my worst enemy. Clear enough?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank glittergirl3
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you very much for your response , first let me start by offering my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations and not making this trip for you an enjoyable one. We have already spoke with all of our team members regarding your experience. After reading your comments regarding your room, it definitly was not large enough to handle the amount of items your had with you and although we very rarely recieve negative comments regarding closet space we would have gladly made an effort to supply you with additional portable hanging and storage area arrangments. I am unclear on the additional arrangments you were trying to seek with us via your phone conversations with the hotel and would welome an opportunity to discuss further with you when time permits for you. Please reach out to me directly so we can clarify our shortcomings and hopefully change your negative perception of our hotel that you have at this time. I look forward to speaking directly with you to address immediatly where we fell short to your expectations. Warm Regards Tony L. General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Edison hotels