“Old but clean room”
Review of Comfort Inn Edison

Comfort Inn Edison
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed 9 March 2013

The 1st room I was given smelled of mold and heavy air freshener. I called down to the desk and asked if he had a room that did not smell like air freshener because it causes me to have asthma attacks. I asked if maybe a room with a window that opens. He checked and gave me a new room that had a window that would open. It also had 2 Qns. and a refrigerator. He said he would not charge me extra. It turns out that this room did not have any air freshener in it or mold smell! I had booked on a hotel sight and got a cheaper room and this is what I was going to get. Thankfully they were very good about things and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toni S

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I think that if you were looking to end your life in some gruesome way, this would be the spot you'd have to go with. The blanket on the bed was so thin that I was forced to attempt to use the heater to compensate which left me with a dry heaving cough in the middle of the night. The house cleaning staff decided not to clean the coffee pot I had used that morning. Went I went to use it the next morning, mold was growing on the used filter.

I have attached a photo of the coup de gras. A homeless man sleeping on the sofa in the lobby. Priceless.

Room Tip: A good choice of room would be any room that is not in this particular hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kahmeelyon
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My twenty year old son and I stopped here on our way to New Hampshire. After a six hour drive and visit with family, we checked into this hotel. All we wanted was a comfortable and safe place to sleep. Nothing pretty about this hotel or surroundings. That did not matter. The night and morning clerks were helpful. The breakfast was well stocked and clean. The best part of this hotel was the reason to stay at a Comfort Inn... the beds. They were perfect for a good night sleep. They were not too soft or too hard. Just right! The price was right for a low cost well rested stop near New York City. If all you want is a low cost rest...this is the place!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VaBeachMatt
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We checked in on 12/09/2012. We had plans to stay for at least 5 nights. However, we are going to get out of this place because it is in very, VERY BAD SHAPE. It is convenient and cheap, but even cheap hotels should have minimum standards.

1. There is a funny smell all over the interior of the hotel; in the lobby, in the hallways, in the rooms, ALL OVER. It is a smell similar to DUST or something similar.

2. There were HAIRS, short and long, all over the bed and all around the floor.

3. I found an open condom bag right beside the bed. It was not hiding or under the bed, it was lying on plain sight. I found it when my toddler dropped one of her toys between the bed and the night stand.

4. Since I am a NON-SMOKER, I always stay on NON-SMOKING ROOMS. The room assigned to us was (SUPPOSEDLY) a NON-SMOKING ROOM, but there were about SIX CIGARRETE BURN HOLES ON THE BED COMFORTER.

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I almost never critic hotels, but this one got me really upset. When I explained these deficiencies to the guy at the front desk, it was as if he didn't care. The staff is very friendly, but the property needs major renovation and cleansing all over.

Room Tip: Stay Away from room 319. I am unaware about other rooms or areas. My experience is based on staying...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Comfort Inn Edison NJ is a very good hotel in a good location.
Guests of this hotel will enjoy amenities, including:
Free breakfast with hot waffles, sausage and scrambled eggs
Free high-speed Internet access in all rooms and throughout the hotel
Free local calls
Free weekday newspaper
Free coffee in the lobby
Guests can use fitness facility .
Business center, free wireless Internet access, and access to copy and fax services.
Rooms come equipped with hair dryers, coffee makers, irons, ironing boards and a cable television. Some rooms with refrigerators and microwaves
We stayed in this hotel in our way to NYC, and it was not very far from the city.
Staff was nice and prices on the moderate scale of Motels.
stay!C

Room Tip: Rooms are very good
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Comfort Inn consistently delivers comfort. If you're looking for much more than that, pay more and stay at a fancier joint.

At the Edison, NJ, property, the evening clerk was friendly and helpful. The single elevator could use some paint. Our room was adequate, and the large flat-screen TV was a pleasant surprise.

The breakfast room is small, and as transient work crews seem to favor this motel, it was crowded, and the attendant seemed a bit harried at trying to keep the various breakfast foods stocked up. There are hot eggs and sausage, and you can make your own waffle.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TotheEndsoftheEarth
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Check in staff was friendly, room could have been cleaner. Holes & stains on bed spead, room smelled funny. But just needed a place to sleep for the night. I'll let you know how that is next review. Night!

• Stayed: October 2012