“Newly remodeled Courtyard near nothing.”

Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Twin Cities, MN
“Newly remodeled Courtyard near nothing.”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This Courtyard just got the full makeover both in the lobby and rooms. It's a great hotel with great service both at the desk and bistro. The bartender kept drinks coming to our table and knew what we were having. This is definitely a nice hotel with the new remodel and if I traveled to Jersey often this is where I'd stay. Downside is rates seem high for the area ($160 a night, got $142 with AAA during the week). Also, the area is pretty remote. Thought the mall is about 2 miles away and there are good food options there. If you have a car this is a fine location. Have stayed twice now and both experiences haves been good.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I travel every week, and I typically stay at any courtyard that I can find, and i think I've found my least favorite one here. It is way too close to the highway so a quiet room is impossible, plus recent remodeling left the dining room unusable, and the staff (multiple people at the front desk) did not seem to want to be bothered with my complaints. :( After I checked out and with no sleep, It was completely the opposite experience when I checked in to the nearby Renaissance hotel off of US 1. The staff were all amazingly helpful and extremely attentive to me (Wow for New Jersey). i tend to value customer service over newness of accommodations.

Room Tip: i dont think a quiet room is available there
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Abruzzo, Italy
Reviewed 7 December 2010

This hotel's location is perfect, right off of the New Jersey Turnpike. Extremely quick and efficient check-in (important to weary travelers), Spacious rooms, great shower head, comfy beds, flat screen TV, small fridge and coffee maker in room. Complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. This was our second stay there and we will always choose this hotel on our future journeys from NC to NY.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Good and Clean hotel. Breakfast is awesome. Lot of variety and price is economy for NJ. Easy to reach any train station for NY and near place for Indian hotels.

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Ashfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 September 2010

we have stayed at Marriott Edison/Woodbridge every year since it opened 2005. At check out all but one year we paid cash. Glitches happen and a simple phone call our credit card was refunded the excess accidental charge. NOT THIS YEAR....I have been round and round with the manager and the he will not refund the charge to our credit card. Cash was paid, 3 other guest who also stayed with us in a second room witnessed the cash payment, I looked at the receipt given me and saw balance 0.00 not realizing it did not have cash payment printed on it. Easy enough for the person to pocket the cash payment of $340! so we ended up paying $680 for 2 nights!

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bonniej53
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I just stayed at this Courtyard and found it one of the best Courtyards I've stayed at. I typically stay at either full suite Marriott or Westin hotels, so my expectations were a bit low. It is really an excellent hotel. I found the rooms very clean, the furnishings up to date, both morning and night staff friendly and efficient and the food good. Well worth the stay. The only drawback is the location if you expect to walk to any restaurants or stores, as there aren't any nearby. It is right off of route 287, which was convenient.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Houston
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel during a weekend where I was traveling to a couple of different racetracks. It was very convenient for a Friday trip to Monmouth Park and a Saturday excursion to Belmont Park.

The weekend rate was outstanding, with breakfast included, and the location right off the NJ Turnpike was ideal. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel

Been to Courtyard Edison Woodbridge? Share your experiences!