Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Relatively clean rooms in a great location if you have to stay close to the higway, still quiet and service is great, had a smooth check in and check out, staff was very helpful. Breakfast is ok, not too many healthy choices, but enough to fill you up for your way.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Recently, we stayed 3 nights at Fairfield Inn and Suites, Our experience there was excellent. The administration was welcoming. We were in a good location. The beds were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was delicious (especially the waffles).These are one of the best hotels that we have stayed in and we anticipate on staying again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here one night during the summer as a stop over for the night. The hotel is conveniently located, check-in was reasonably speedy, and the room was comfortable enough, and clean. Nothing spectacular, and in line with what I normally expect from this brand. The only disppointment we encountered is that my wife had left her own pillow behind, and we had called teh hotel about 2 hours after we checked out. They said that they would look into it, but never gave us a call back. Therefore, they only get 3 stars.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Edison_NjJwr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

We are sorry to hear about your pillow and for all I know, we may have it. If you can let me know the type, the case on the pillow and maybe the color, I will personally investigate for you. Bad service is inexcuseable.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

This Fairfield Inn is nicer than most due to it being reasonably new. Rooms are well sized, epecially the suites which have a seperate sleeping area and mini fridge and microwave (but no door to seperate the spaces). The location is ok, not great (no eastbound access to the interstate) and a little far from decent restaurants and shopping. The road which the hotel faces has quite a bit of commuter traffic including trucks, so make sure your room faces the back parking lot. Staff is accomodating and pleasant. Breakfast is the typical for a Fairfield...some reasonalbly healthy selections and some not so good microwave breakfast sandwiches.

Room Tip: Face the back parking lot otherwise expect truck noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentTripster
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Had business in the area, so I booked a room online. Ordered a King Suite at a government rate for a decent price. When I checked in they downgraded me to a dirty room with two double beds. The lady behind the counter, pretty sure her tag said general manager, told me there was no way I could get the King for that price. I said, "What?, That's what I ordered, and I could have went to another nearby hotel for a similar rate." This lady was rude and basically said too bad. If I wasn't exhausted from traveling, I would have walked out and went up the road to the Hampton Inn on exit 5

I go up to the room and it was not very clean, had a small cruddy TV, paper thin towels, just not up to today's standards. May be the worst Marriott property I've every stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank FredK44
Edison_NjJwr, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

We are sorry for the bad experience you had at our facility. Please accept our apologies - I am not really sure why you did not have the room type you requested. If you contact me direct for future stays, I will ensure you receive the room type you desire as long as it is available we will guarantee the room type for you.

The Management

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stay in this hotel when I have business in Brooklyn, Staten Island and western Long Island. The rates are significantly less than staying in any of the boroughs of NYC or western Long Island. The hotel is right off of route 287 which runs into route 440 straight into Staten Island.

I did receive a complimentary upgrade to a suite as a Platinum Marriott Rewards member.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in September 2011 for almost a week. Found the hotel very convenient to all major highways access to get us quickly anywhere we needed to go. Staff was friendly, but fell short in some areas. The breakfast area was not adequetly cleaned, we had to wipe our table every morning to remove the crumbs and stickiness. While the usual breakfast staples such as the fruit cups and yogurts were available during the weekdays, they were not available on Saturday and Sunday, even for asking. One day when we were in our room, the fire alarm went on but turned off after a short time. This ear piercing alarm sound continued repeatedly for brief periods. I called the front desk to be told that they tested the alarm, as I suspected. It would have been helpful if the hotel posted a note by the elevators for everyone to see, warning the guests about the alarm testing. It would prevent the initial uncertainty of real or false alarm, and save the hearing for those who would opted not to be there for the test, as we certainly would have opted out. Otherwise, the hotel was fine, our room was clean and fresh every day, and so was the excercise room which we used daily. Nothing major to prevent us from staying here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor is always a good choice, and the back of the hotel is more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
2 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 15 in Edison

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield? Share your experiences!