E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center
US$100
Agoda.com
US$65
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just spent three nights there for a soccer showcase. It was not our choice the teams are assigned a hotel. Their website is deceiving. They claim, " the newly renovated Edison Hotel and Conference Center is a distinctively different destination for work or play." Free wifi is also noted on the website. You can not get a signal in your room. How do you work without internet access? The parking lot was nearly empty. We arrived before noon on Friday (5/23/14). The desk clerk ignored us. Given the emptiness of the hotel, I asked if our room was available to check in. The woman replied, "check in is at 3:00". Typically, a desk clerk would apologize and tell us they do not have rooms ready. I usually find hotels are happy to check you in if the room is ready. The customer service was definitely lacking. We dined at the Deli attached to the hotel which was very good but enormous portions and then went to a movie. Arriving back after 3:00, Carlos checked us in. He was very pleasant and helpful. The hallway of the 5th floor is very worn and stained. The room has not been updated in years. The air conditioning is literally falling off the wall. The door when closed and locked has a gap on the lower right side of about an inch. The CRT TV had few channels and the reception was very poor. The sheets are so worn they are see through. Mattresses are very old and sagging leading to sore backs the next day. The second day we arrived back to hotel to find only two bath towels, one hand towel and no wash cloths. My daughter asked a housekeeper for more towels and was told "NO". I could go on but I hope by this time you are forewarned to stay away. You could not pay me to stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank SLS1212
Reviewed 24 May 2014

RUN AWAY! SAVE YOURSELVES!

This place is a dump.

The pros:

1. There was a new shower head, good water pressure and plenty of hot water.
2. They hired a decent photographer to snap the pics of the lobby.

The CONS:

1. The place is very old.
2. The room was very run down.
3. The carpet was worn, stained, lots of pulled threads, falling off the wall (where it's glued to the wall).
4. THAT WAS THE WORST MATTRESS I'VE ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE. I felt like I slept face-down in a hammock.
5. THE BUG I KILLED IN THE BATHROOM? I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS A COCKROACH.
6. The free breakfast - weak coffee (no lids, so forget about bringing one with you in the car), powdered eggs, half-cooked potatoes. The sausage links were pretty good. At least they were mostly cooked. The toaster didn't work.
7. I was supposed to be there 3 nights. Checked out after 1. No one at the desk, had to yell for someone to come to the desk to let me out of the place.
8. This might have been a little cheaper than the Sheraton or the Hampton that were next door, but it should have been half the price.
9. The bath towels were small, thin and worn. Think high school gym. I think they bought the towels from my high school back in the '70's.
10. The sign in the elevator said "Ice on floors 2, 6, 5, 7, 9 (yes... in that order) but apparently the only one that worked was on 9.
11. Slowest elevators ever. Which means I was treated to the stairwell, which would remind you of a public parking garage.
12. Very dimly lit - the common areas, the rooms, the hallways.
13. I found all the tube TV's!!!! They're in the rooms at this place!
14. How about some lights in the parking lot???

Having had to go to the 9th floor to get ice, I was able to see that they're redecorating. The 9th floor shows some promise - new carpet, fresh paint, lights that work... so this is a very old tired property that needs a lot of work. If I'd been on the remodeled floor I might feel differently, but from where I stayed, this place is a sty and they should be EMBARRASSED.

My first suggestion to the manager of the hotel - You can have the greatest property on Earth, but if the mattress sucks, your business will fail.

You can have the worst property on earth, but if you have a decent mattress and good towels, it at least shows that you're trying and that you take enough pride in the product you're offering that you will do the right thing in at least those two critical areas.

This is a very tired old building. I get that. It needs a lot of work But fer-cryin-out-loud... buy some decent mattresses. Oh, and hire an exterminator.

Room Tip: The best room? One at another hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank David S
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I assumed this hotel near the Raritan Convention Center would have been a good choice. Was I wrong and did I ever kick myself after reading the reviews! It is old and needs to be gutted. There was a group of us and some of the problems include: mold growing up the room walls; doors that you had to body-slam to open; dirty rooms with sheets unchanged; no air conditioning; and low water temperature. Not a good experience.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Marty A
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here from 25th to 28th April for a business expo that was being held in the executive meeting room of the hotel. My review is in two parts, one for the rooms and the other for the meeting space. Unfortunately neither is positive.

Room: The rooms are old (checked out more than 5 as I visited my colleagues rooms also). The elevators constantly smelled of smoke as did the hallways (I was on the non-smoking floor). When it did not smell of smoke there was a heavy stench of bleach. The carpets in the rooms are old and worn. The linen looks old but was clean. The towels were clean too but looked like rags. They were too old and too worn. Housekeeping was not great either and did not replace the coffee or clean the coffee machine one day two. The rooms have a strange smell (some kind of chemical) which you figure out if the air conditioner is off for a few hours. Breakfast is at an additional cost of $7 and is very substandard with minimal options. I'd much rather pay $10 to $14 and get more options. Food quality and taste is also nothing to write home about.

Meeting Space: Lighting in the meeting room was not sufficient and the only option the staff had were to hand huge halogen lamps, which looked ridiculous and very, very unprofessional. Apart from that they provided lamps from rooms to help light up the space better! You would expect them to at least have light intensity controls. The air conditioning vents in the halls are very noisy too. Can’t blame the staff, they did the best they could.

I did not use the Spa or the pool.

Over all the stay was a huge disappointment. One cannot go by the pictures on the hotel website as the general upkeep of the hotel is very bad. The staff is pretty helpful and the bartender is good too. The bar is fairly well stocked but is dead, even on the weekend so it's a decent place to hang out with a group but not recommended if travelling alone.

Room Tip: Might make sense to avoid rooms on the first floor above the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PatPonappa
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Check in was ok, Room was Ok, Not the cleanest, supplies were cheap(soap,shampoo)for three people. Restaurant does not serve alcohol at any time , no liquor license i was informed. Meals were very expensive for one person. The way to save was to take a party of four to five and share a item. My party did not want to eat what I eat. Went to Deli and bought a danish.After a long day would have liked to sit down a meal and a glass of wine. Ice machines on every floor listed did not work. Went to report at front desk no one there, spoke rather loudly asking for help, no answer,, another patron came desk asking for help also.. we had to bang on glass rather loudly and after five minuets man came out of back half awake. It appears he was sleeping. Then another person showed up and stated that he was sleeping at the desk sorry for any inconvenience. Layout of hotel was terrible . Desk staff was so rude. Would not recommend this place to stay. Poor service, Jut to much to mention. One good thing it was close to Eway. easy access to on and off.

Room Tip: do not use this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business