“Loved The Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Jersey City
“Loved The Hotel”
Reviewed 16 January 2007

I had a chance to stay at this hotel recently alongwith a Big Group and my experience was Great.

My Group had booked approx 150 rooms for 3 nights and despite the hotel very busy , I found the staff exceptionally professional and helpful , It seemed that the staff never slept and was availible whenevr needed. I was really impressed by the professionalism and the attention they gave each guest.

Keep up the job

• Liked — staff Friendliness
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2006

I was flying through Newark, but our inbound flight from China was late and we missed our connection, so Continental put us up in this hotel overnight. Granted, I was loaded for bear after waiting in line for hours at the airport, but I still was most unimpressed by this hotel. Let me also preface the following review by stating that I spoke with a driver, and he told me that there are people sent there by the airlines "several times a week," so the hotel obviously is the low bidder for that service, and should be prepared for large crowds.

My experience started with the hotel having only two vans for about 50 or 60 people. As the trip from the airport takes about 25 minutes each way, that's about one hour per van, with about 10 people per trip... more upset people now waiting on the curb for a van. We rented a taxi instead.

At the hotel, the front desk was overwhelmed by the large crowd at night. It took another 20 minutes to get a room.

The hallway to the room was dark, the carpet old and stained, the walls old and stained too. The room was old, with a safe deposit box mounted on the floor by the door. Shower was stained with mildew. But, every room looks the same with your eyes closed.

Before I went to sleep, I thought about dinner, but the restaurant was closing, so I tried to get a diet coke in the machine. Every machine was sold out, or would not take dollar bills. Went all the way down, checking every floor, until I got to the front desk, where the line was still too long, so I gave up.

Breakfast the next morning was the highlight of the trip. It was HUGE! Enormous to the point of being able to serve 3 people. The plate probably had 15 pieces of bacon, 6 eggs... it was ridiculous! Which probably explained the exorbitant prices - at least I had a voucher from the airline to pay for part of the bill, and a company expense report for the rest.

Then, the final insult was that the hotel somehow "lost" my reservation for a shuttle ride back to the airport. Luckily they did have a driver and one of the vans available, so I made it back to the airport.

I will admit that I was in a foul mood when I got to the hotel, but my mood never got any better while I was there. I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Restaurant
  • Disliked — Hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!
  • Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank CSL63
SunnyChaudhry, Asstt General Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 October 2006
I am so sorry to hear about the guest experiance in our hotel . Not trying to dipute his experience but would like to make certain facts clear. Our hotel is the highest occupancy hotel in our competetive set and runs on a average 90 % plus occupancy, this has been achieved by our contant caring attitude towards our customers and our guests. We do high volume of airline distress passengers and our feedback from individual airline guests directed to us and to the airline make this possible. Weare airlines preffered choice hotel due to our guest satisfaction scores that the airline monitors. I sincerely regret this guest experience and woudl appreciate if he contacts me directly so i could respond to his comments and correct whaever he found lacking in our hotel. As far as hotels condition we extensively renovated the hotel in late 2005 and command the highest guest satisfaction standards in the Holiday Inn brand. i understand that the guest was a distressed passenger and was already very disturbed even before he got to our hotel and hence the comments. i would request him to choose us during his next trip to our area and it would be our to show him a great hospitality experience
Sunny Chaudhry

Travellers are raving about these Edison hotels

Reviewed 13 March 2006

Had a chance to stay at this hotel rexcently - Really good hotel at the price I paid, very freindly staff, very good restaurant , clean and spacious rooms and best of all caring and customer freindly management who went to the extra mile to make my stay comfortable- would recommend to everybody

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2006

Stayed at this hotel recently, enjoyed it , was there with the family, they put us all one one florr which was thoughtful, gave us a hospitality room at no charge , even allowed us to bring ethnic food, surely went beyond to make our stay comfortable, would recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed December 2005
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 December 2005

I checked into this hotel on Dec 20, 2005, The front desk agent was so very professioanl and accomodating that I was amazed at his work ethics. Really never have had this kind of a check in - I am priority club platinum member and stay at hotels atleast 300 days a year.

The hotel was nice, had a restaurant which in itself needs visiting, rooms were clean, bar open till very late, the staff exceptionally helpful and above all price better tha even the limited service hotels in the area.

Would always stay and recommend this place to all visitors to this area. try it out and you would also love it.

• Stayed December 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank DhamakaNJ
Reviewed 24 October 2005

I am a starwood preffered member and normally stay at sheratons, but due to my bitter experience at the sheraton edison last time, I decided to try the Holiday inn. Got a better rate than what i was paying at the sheraton off the internet.
Upon check in the staff was very pleasant and freindly and I was impressed, the rooms were clean and properly equipped. I got a call five minutes after I arrived, which was the front desk asking if everything was right, I liked that.

overall my stay was incredible and i loved the food at their restaurant though it was too much for me and i hate letting it go to waste, so i gave it to the Front desk employee,

they were hesistating at first but on my insistance took it. till my check out i was given a royal treatment after that.

everything seened to be fine, they have internet free to all guests, a cozy bar, awesome restaurant, a small but equipped exercise room.

this hotel is going to be my preffered hotel in future, Bye sheraton, Hello Holiday inn

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 October 2005

This was a great hotel tucked away in a strange location. I had a VERY hard time getting to the hotel from Woodbridge Ave - I could see it, but I couldn't get there! Call the hotel for directions.

The service was great! There were a few small issues during my stay, but the staff handled everything in a friendly and professional manner. They even taped up a box for me that I was shipping out the next day. The workout room is small, but with new equipment and tvs- the only problem is that you have to go to the desk for the key.

I didn't eat at the restaurant because it was very expensive for breakfast (even with a deal for Holiday Inn guests). I found a great grocery store nearby, with prepared (fresh) meals to go!

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank Carolyn K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Palace Hotel
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#8 of 15 in Edison

Been to E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center? Share your experiences!