“Pay a couple extra bucks for the Hilton or Sheridan!”

Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Nyc
“Pay a couple extra bucks for the Hilton or Sheridan!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Room had a heavy smell of mildew with carpeting. Bathroom didn't even look like it was wiped down fully. Dishes had old oil pasted inside. Utensils were nasty and spotty. Breakfast on the go wasn't even getting up for.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kdiaz01
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Annapolis, MD USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived after midnight and were greeted and checked-in by a sweet woman at the front desk. The room was neat and clean and the beds were heavenly.

Two notes if you're in room 203: We turned up the thermostat on the heat to 80 but I don't think it ever got past 74. I'm not a great estimator of temperature, but let's just say it stayed cool enough to make sleeping under the covers wonderful but left the clothes in your suitcase a bit chilled. Second, how to use the shower. To get hot water, turn the knob to the right. The hottest setting is right at the top, turn it down toward 5 o'clock to get it colder. Once you figure it out and it's warmed up it's a fine shower.

These are two minor things. This was a wonderful place to stay and you can't beat the price. I'd definitely come straight here if I'm traveling through the area again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kimbere
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay at a great value. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced regarding your heat and shower. I will be sure to meet with our maintenance staff to ensure that these issues don’t occur in the future. We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great place to stay for those who are around NJ shopping, not too far from JFK, convenient location near Walmart and just 30 mins drive from Jersey Shore Premium Outlet.

Rooms are very spacious and clean, with a big fridge and basic kitchen appliances.

Only downside for me was the fridge that for being so big was a bit noisy. As I didn't use it I just set the thermostat to zero and that's it.

Plenty of parking spaces and they offer a basic but nice free "breakfast" with fruits, tea & coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DjudjangoKid
Maryland Eastern Shore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

for the area, which tends to be a bit pricey, this is a good value, especially if you can catch a break on the regular room rate. this is a great place to rest and unwind after a busy day working. the front desk staff is professional and helpful. it is on the quiet and peaceful side as well. there are not really any walkable eateries, so at best, a short drive is a necessary evil, but it can be a challenging event. i will definitely consider staying here again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: if you can afford a king bed accommodation, you should consider it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ocsand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I think if you are on a vacation and planning on finding a place to stay, Extended stay offers customers good value for money. You also save a lot of money on feeding because all the rooms are furnished with kitchens giving you the option of buying and cooking your meals instead of ordering take-outs all the time.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ciheanacho82
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the kitchen was an added value to your stay. Also, I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be affordable for your traveling needs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Great Value. Friendly Staff & a perfect hotel for any traveling guest. The Staff Go Above & Beyond to accommodate there guests. Very clean & Quiet. Perfect for my trip. I will definantly come back if ever in the central New Jersey Area. ;)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank AmazonBliss
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It is rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that our hotel was a great value and that our guest rooms were quiet and clean. Also, I am pleased that our staff provided you with exceptional customer service.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was able to secure a great price for a room through Priceline. The hotel was clean, the room was comfortable & the staff at check in was very pleasant. It's a basic hotel, if you happen to walk down the hall where the smoking rooms are located, you definitely know you've walked into the smoking wing. Thankfully I had a non-smoking room, so the odor wasn't an issue.

There's a basic vending machine available. But there's no shampoo, hair dryer or dish soap in the rooms. It just so happened that I travel with the basics with me.

What lowered my rating of this hotel for this stay is that starting @ 9am, there was an every 15 minute interuption by either the housekeeping staff or the front desk asking me if I was leaving & when or reminding me that check out was 11am. Upon check-in, I was told check-out was @ 11am, thus I knew I needed to be out by 11am. It's a good thing I wasn't planning on sleeping late. There's no "do not disturb" signs, and I kept getting interupted while I tried to finish some work.

The grab and go breakfast was fine. It's as described.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tess1960
Tess - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the early morning interruptions. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay. Also, we are happy to hear that you found you rate to be affordable and that you were able to take advantage of our grab-and-go breakfast.