“Good Happy Hour”

Joseph's Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Guests of Joseph's Restaurant in the Tuscany House take a culinary trip to Italy, as Executive Chef Joseph DeGennaro prepares an extraordinary menu unique to southern New Jersey. Joseph's also features a full-service bar composed of actual wine casks. The eye-catching bar offers a wide selection of liquors and imported wines from Italy and France. Open since 2001, Joseph's Restaurant has become a local favorite of the Atlantic County area. The continued patronage speaks volumes to the flavors that Chef Joe DeGennaro creates, which combines his unique flair and traditions. The food quality and atmosphere are surpassed by none. Whether you choose Italian, seafood, premium steaks or a burger, you are sure to be pleased. We invite you to come and try our diverse flavors and experience our amazing ambiance in a unique setting. ALL HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE TO FIND OUT DAY OF HOURS.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for a drink and a bite to eat at the bar and were pleased they had some great happy hour specials. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had lunch there several times and found the food good and the atmosphere good for conversation.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This was my first time here. Was pleasantly greeted by the host and sat right away. Server was a bit slow getting to us considering there was only one other table at the time. Also, never checked to make sure our meal was ok after it was brought to the table and didn’t return to the table to see if we wanted an additional drink, which we did. With that being said, the food was a pleasant surprise. I had the Salmon which had a honey mustard glaze on it. The Salmon was cooked to perfection. The asparagus was delicious. My husband had the shepherds pie, which was very tasty, made with a shredded meat instead of the traditional ground beef. The meat and gravy mixture was piped with mashed potatoes on top and served in a mini cast iron skillet. However, the prices were a bit steep considering that no soup, salad or bread was served with the dinners. A small bowl of potato chips with what I thought was Old Bay seasoning on them with a dip was put on the table when we sat down. I would like to try again. I saw they had a nice happy hour, and if the weather was a little warmer, a nice patio with outside seating.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Set up a night out with my wife. I wanted the evening to be special because we do not get out much without the kids. Called Joseph's to see if they would do something a little special with desert. Nothing crazy, just asked it they would make the ending of our meal a little special, and left the creativity up to them. I ended up speaking to Mike, the manager, he is friendly, helpful and made the night a pleasure. I even spoke to Al, a chef in the kitchen, he was so nice and accommodating.
Stacy and Cesar were waiting on us, they were attentive and friendly. My water glass was never empty and we never went long without them checking on us, which we appreciated very much.
As for the food, WOW... We had the Artisan Cheese Board, the flavors were wonderful. We then went on to the Shredded Beef Tacos... so much more than a taco. For our main course, we had the Prohibition Steak and the Thai Curry Shrimp, both were fabulous. For the special desert, they hit a home run!
Some may be concerned about the menu being Pub/Bar food, don't be. There is something for everyone and everything we had was wonderful. The staff made the night very special for us and we are very appreciative of that. We will be back and will be recommending Joseph's to all of our friends... Oh, and make sure you stop and see "T" at the bar. Yep, his name is really "T"!

1  Thank BL2471
Renault Winery G, Manager at Joseph's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear about your experience, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner after a friend recommended it. We were not disappointed. We were seated very quickly and the service was amazing. When I made the reservation I was asked if we were celebrating anything I told them our anniversary. The restaurant put rose petals on the table and brought us each a glass of champagne. We really felt special. The best thing was the Sheppard's Pie!!! I can't wait to go back and try more items on the menu.

Renault Winery G, Manager at Joseph's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so happy we could be part of your anniversary celebration. We hope to see you back soon!