“Great place - will come back again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort

Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Egg Harbor City
Cape May, New Jersey
“Great place - will come back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had two rooms for mother's day weekend. The four of us had such a great time. Had drinks at the bar which was very relaxing then went on the wine tour. The tour was very informative and the wine tasting was a lot of fun. We had dinner at Josephs which was excellent except one of us ordered a pasta dish that was too salty. Everything else was great. I don't see how people can complain about the high prices here - our bill came to $135 for the four of us and we all had a few glasses of champagne with dinner. That is cheap as far as I'm concerned but maybe some people that don't get out much would think it's a lot.

As far as the rooms are concerned - they were clean and quite large for a hotel room. We didn't care that there were not flatscreen TV's. After all, who goes to a hotel to watch tv? For the price of the rooms (under $100 ea.) what do people expect.

There was coffee, Danish and fruit in the morning served in the lobby, which is very nice. I will definitely come back here again and probably get three rooms for the extra couple that want to go with us after I told them about it. Last comment - all staff were great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank islandgirllansdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Smithfield RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

It was our first drive down the Jersey Coast. Very similar to driving around Cape Cod. At the end of the road sits a fountain in the middle of the street, the Tuscany House, Vineyard golf course and the Renault winery. I had purchased a 3 day package from Living Social that included the wine tasting, lodging and dinner credit. If it wasn't for Living Social I would know this place existed. We were pleasanted with our rooms, meal and yes the winery is a little dated we enjoyed the tasting and our tour leader. The folks at the Tuscany hotel desk and the wait staff in the dining room were very pleasant. We went the week after Easter and the resort was very quiet which was find with us, I wouldn't recommend the resort for children because there isn't anything for them to do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Raisinbaby
Hazlet, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here on Sunday April 13, 2014. Front desk staff lacked any true hospitality experience although they were trying. More important is the fact that both my wife and I got food poisoning at their restaurant "Joseph's". After advising the front desk staff the next morning that both my wife and I were very sick they responded by saying, oh well "hope you feel better".

What shocked me more than anything is their response. Not a single gesture, water, hot tea or anything would have shown that they cared. But nothing.

Moreover, my wife and I had planned a week of traveling throughout NJ and PA and had to cancel our trip and spend the next few days in bed, or I should say the bathroom!

Further, since the event there has been no follow up whatsoever from the hotel. Not even a simple phone to see how we are doing.

On a positive note the dining staff and winery tour guide were outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank John B
Hopatcong, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I purchased a voucher to the Renault Winery on 11.06.2013 through Living Social. I had purchased this a a Christmas gift for my husband. Renault Winery willngly posted the advertisement with LivingSocial. The voucher was for One-Night stay for Two in a standard room Friday and Saturdays, with a $32 dining credit at the Renault Gourmet Restaurant and a Historic Winery Tour". The voucher had an expiration date of 05.22.2014.

I began to contact the winery on Friday 02.28.14 to attempt to make my reservation. Fridays are not ideal for us living 3 hours away and my husband and myself both working full time with a 10 month old, so we chose to opt for a Saturday stay. Upon contacting the hotel I was advised that the only Saturdays they had remaining were 04.26.14 with a $200 upgrade fee, 05.03.14 which will be out of state for a wedding OR 05.10.14 which the following ay is mothers day, this being my very first mothers day I did want to be away from my son. I asked if there was any way to waive the upgrade charge for 04.26.14 seeing as this date would work, they refused. I contacted them with ample time giving almost 12 weeks of weekend Saturdays and was told I could not be accommodated. I also asked that since availability was limited would they extend the expiration date they refused said it had to be used by 05.22.14. I spoke with the hotel manager Francine as well as operations manager Cindy both who told me the the property manager Paul Verde would contact me. To date Mr Verde has NOT contacted me. I have contacted Renault at minimum of twice EVERY day since this unpleasant situation began and have spoken to Francine numerous time who simply advises that Mr Verde is very busy and has all of my messages. Finally on Saturday 04.05.14 I contacted LivingSocial and made them aware of the situation they agreed to give me a refund, however there was absolutely no resolution to this problem with the winery itself.

Although LivingSocial was absolutely amazing, the staff at Renault Winery has been a disgrace. The fact that we are unable to receive accommodations with over 12 weeks notice is very unprofessional, the property manager not returning a single phone is atrocious.

I cannot imagine how your guests are treated in person if this is how they are treated over the phone simply attempting to make reservations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jilliam R
Algonquin, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Arriving at Tuscany House I was greeted with what I expected, a very beautiful property. When I entered the property, you could tell it was a little dated, but it was clean and the front desk person was extremely friendly. I went to my room and this is where the disappointment began. First, this hotel is very clean. However, the room looked nothing like the website. The room resembles a Motel 6 with better linen and amenities. The TV is still an old tube TV and the room was about 50 degrees.

My night was not enjoyable, this was not entirely due to anything the hotel did or did not due. However, there was an altercation in the hall outside my room and I could literally carry on a conversation with someone outside my door, without having to raise my voice. The altercation continued throughout the night, including two visits by the police. I realize that the hotel cannot control guests, but was surprised they allowed this to go on for so long.

In the morning, I had to wake and return early to the airport. I started a shower and it went from Hot to Cold very quickly, the cold shower helped with my lack of sleep but to run out in four minutes was very disappointing.

By the way, I had an amazing piece of cake in the restaurant, and the staff was very friendly.

Upon checkout, I informed the front desk person and he was extremely apologetic. I understand much of what happened was out of his control, but was surprised no discounts or anything were offered.

I will not return to Tuscany House in the near future, there are way to many options within 20 minutes that offer a better sleep and similar amenities and comfort for the price.

Room Tip: If you stay, get a room on the inside courtyard
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank YourBizDr
Hamilton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Renault Winery Resort on an overnight visit last month. This was not our first stay at this hotel so when we returned this time we can say that our room needed a definite update. We were in a standard king size room and while we were not there to watch TV, the television seemed like it was 20+ years old. The room overall was just dark and needed more lighting. There was ample space, but the configuration of the bathroom was odd. The toilet and shower were in a separate area from the sink which was in a very dark space and tight quarters. The sink area was situated next to a small closet. The bedding, furniture and carpeting all need a refresh. The heater was loud and when it went on it blew the draperies halfway across the room!
That being said we had dinner at Joseph's Restaurant. We had a reservation and did not wait, but our table was not in the most desirable area which was disappointing since we had a reservation. The service was not good and we heard they were short on help that evening. Our appetizers took a long time to come out, but were tasty. We ordered a bottle of wine which came out quick. There was a short wait for our dinners to arrive and the waitress brought us bread after we were all done with our dinners with an apology of some sort. We did not have dessert.
The next day we did a tasting (no tour since we've been on one before) and it was very nice and the wines were all excellent along with the champagne. After our tasting was done we proceeded to the Gift Shop where we purchased a case of wine to take home.
So other than needing a flashlight for our room the grounds of the hotel are beautiful even in the winter and the lobby of the hotel is very inviting. The Front Desk staff was hit or miss and on the slow side, but we weren't in a hurry so overall it didn't matter, but worth mentioning I guess!

Room Tip: Upper floor and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dmv756
MrRenault, Manager at Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate all comments as we strive to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. A new property management team has currently been introduced to the operation and is in the process of identifying and correcting service shortfalls.

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations, however, it is through your comments that we can provide additional training and support to our staff to ensure that they provide superior service.

We appreciate and value your business and we hope that you will join us again.
New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Staying at the Tuscany House at Renault Winery Resort was a pleasure. We did a wine tasting at the winery earlier in the day and stayed here over night. We had great accommodations, the staff was great, I could not ask for more. Our whole weekend at the Renault resort was just what we needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Curt K
MrRenault, Manager at Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at the Tuscany House Hotel. Your satisfaction means a great deal to us.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor City
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
#1 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,604 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 15,041 reviews
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel
Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Marriott's Fairway Villas

Been to Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort? Share your experiences!