“Solid family friendly place”

Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
New York City, New York
“Solid family friendly place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here over the Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel is easy to find, close to Atlantic City.
Check-in was easy, front desk had our room available, acknowledged my Gold level. Used a Marriott Gift Card which they used without any issues.

Room was a large studio, clean, King Bed with a sofa, small kitchen and large bathroom. Plenty of space to stretch out. I do enjoy the layout of Residence Inns when staying for more than one night.

The gym was small but clean and basic enough. Didn't use the pool but it is tiny and not for swimming laps.

Hotel is fairly large, in a horseshoe shape so we had to walk a bit to get from our room to front desk/breakfast area. Breakfast was a bit crowded (especially for that weekend) with lots of families. Breakfast is ok. Coffee was actually pretty good.

Bill was under our door on our departure date. Overall a decent clean and well run Residence Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Residence inn Egg Harbor during Memorial Day weekend. I appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience. I was happy hear that your check in was easy and your room was clean and spacious. Sorry about the long walk down the hallway.
I appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Tim Zezulka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent customer service from the front desk when I checked in. I was early and there were not yet rooms available. They gave me a call as soon as one was ready without me having to check back. The hotel is clean and attractive. Though there are a few signs of wear and tear in the room, scuffed walls and such. The room housekeeping was very good. In the common areas, it was a bit more unkept. It's hard to know sometimes how much is from the other guest and how much is from the attention of the staff. The breakfast is fine, but the room is crowded and they ran out of egss which caused a little chaos with people hovering around waiting for the next batch. I would certainly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Christine3022, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and taking the time to detail your stay. We appreciate your business and try to have each guest that stays with us be 100% satisfied. We will conducting a property renovation in the Fall of 2014. Please come back and see our improvements! We look forward to "wowing" you on your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We wanted to go to to AC for an overnight but it was extremely last minute. Booked our room hours before leaving. The location of the hotel is extremely easy to find. It is basically close to the exit of the highway. It is also only 2 exits away from AC when taking the expressway which is great! The staffs were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room is extremely clean. We had a kitchenette and a full size fridge. We found out that we can BBQ outside if we want because we saw a grill right outside the where they have patio furnitures. You and your family can enjoy eating outside if you like. A few steps outside your patio area is a basketball court which is also a perk.
They have a pool that my family enjoyed because its indoor and definitely heated (unlike the ones that are indoor but NOT heated).
Breakfast is also great because its complimentary. They had Eggs, Potatoes, Sausage and French toast plus waffle maker and of course the other continental stuffs. The eating area is nice. The lobby is beautiful. They even have a fireplace.
Overall had a great experience and looking forward to our next visit.
Thanks to Deep who also made our stay extremely pleasurable :).

• Stayed June 2014
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for for the kind words about our hotel and the staff members that you encountered during your stay. I was happy to hear that you had an excellent experience. I will make sure to share your comments with Deep our front desk agent. Also happy that you were pleased with the breakfast, the cleanliness of the hotel along with the pool/sport court. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

harveys lake pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just stayed here last night, for one night only. Have to say that it was a pleasant surprise. We had the King room with a sofa bed. Room was spacious and very clean. Took our 16 and 17 year old sons just for one night to for a quick overnight getaway. Only negative thing I would have to say is that the sofa bed was not comfortable at all for our sons. (We used our points, and that was the only room available for what we had). Complimentary breakfast was good also. Waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal, etc....... Only about 12-15 minutes to the boardwalk. Easy drive. We would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on top floor only because I read a review about hearing walking on the upper flo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us recently. We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your stay with us. We consistently strive to exceed guest expectations and have our guests be 100% satisfied with their stay. I do apologize for the sofa bed. I will make sure to inspect that room to assure is functioning properly. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Dove Canyon California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Booked the hotel for our entire basketball team. There were a lot of other teams staying in the hotel. It got a little noisy but not bad. Our boys enjoyed the sport court and pool. We loved sitting around the outdoor fire pit. We did not go to the casinos but we saw buses pulling into the parking lot to take guests there. A very short ride to the boardwalk. Maybe 10 minutes. The rooms are spacious, clean and the kitchen is a nice convenience. The matresses were not that comfortable and the sheets kept falling off. No mattress cover. The maid did not make up the beds only changed towels out. The included breakfast was one of the best I have seen at a Marriott property. We have been to a lot !! My husband is a platinum member. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, bagels, made to order waffles, french toast, fresh fruit, muffins, yogurt, etc. Did not get any special treatment for being a platinum member. We are supposed to get upgrades but that never happens. All in all our team was very happy in my selection of this hotel. Staff was ok. Did not go out of their way to make you feel like "family"

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you staying at the Residence Inn Egg Harbor while attending the basketball tournament. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences during your stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the rooms were clean and spacious. However I do apologize for the bedding situation. I will make sure to address that issue with the housekeeping staff. Also will review your comments with the rest of the staff concerning on improving our customer service.

New Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at many residence inns and usually love the service Marriott provides but this was the worst. 1st off there were children running thru the halls at all hours. We were given a handicap accessible suite on the 1st floor and we are not handicap. I mean how wouldmone feel if a non handicap person parked in a handicap parking space? Everytime the door that leads to the parking lot we heard it in our room all night. The walls are very thin and you will hear everything. The room above us sounded as if the guests had bricks in their feet eveytime the walked.

Erika at the front desk was very polite and courteous. She deserves a raise, always helpful.
The hotel is close to everything approx 10 min drive toAC and grocery store approx 10 min away

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank luv n happiness s
Christine3022, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We do have quiet hours daily from 8pm to 8am. We also have a guest service agent available 24/7 to address any issues or concerns you may have. Any notification to the front deskwould have alerted us to your issue and we could have addressed while you were on site. You mentioned staying in a handicapped accessible room. Handicapped accessible rooms are sold on our property just like any other room. It is not illegal to stay in a room that is handicapped accessible, as you illuded to in your comment about parking in a handicapped parking space. It is however, illegal to park in a handicapped parking space if you do not have the proper credentials. If a guest requires a handicapped accessible room, they request it specifically. I am very sorry that the lack of cabinets under the counters, so that someone in a wheelchair can access items, offended you so much. Feel free to speak with the manager(s) on duty in the future to address any issues you may have, so that they may be addressed, and enable you to enjoy your stay.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Unbelievable!!! Where do I start? I wanted to take my mom and the kids for a weekend at Atlantic City but had a budget to stick to. After surfing the internet, I had to decide to either stay on the boardwalk and give up cooking for my family or stay here off the boardwalk and cook. As most kids, my kids are very picky eaters. To me, as a mom, I had to put the needs of the kids first before anything else. This is the first time I stayed far from the boardwalk. After reading the reviews on different websites, I decided to take a chance. To sum it up, this place is amazing!I Although check in is at 3pm, they checked us in without any hesitation at noon and gave us different options of floors and views. Because I was with my mom, who is a senior citizen, I decided to stay on the first floor facing the parking lot. To my surprise and content, the entrance door to that side of the building had to be opened with your room key. When I entered the room, you immediately noticed I was entering a one-bedroom apartment with all new appliances. You will notice the pictures show the bathroom sink outside the bathroom. They also have a few amenities which the kids enjoyed which were the basketball court, swimming pool and the gym. I timed the distance from here to the Tropicana by local streets and it was 14 minutes exactly. When I woke up the next morning, I noticed an express bill which was great but didn’t want to do it . I decided to have their free breakfast first and then speak to them afterwards to check out. As far as the breakfast, it was great with a lot of options like scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, homemade waffles and fruit. Overall, the staff was amazing. They treated us like family. The two things I would ask of the staff are to give us the option of using dishwashing liquid instead of using the dishwasher. Second, there should be a little room in the inn which carries emergency food like milk, water, eggs, bread and juice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SweetieL
Christine3022, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us recently. We greatly appreciate your business. The time you have taken to detail your stay is appreciated as well. Management reviews our satisfaction surveys on a daily basis, in order to improve our service/product. We do have liquid detergent, but use it upon guest request only, due to it not being a Marriott standard. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced while with us. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
#1 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,659 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!