Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City
Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Staff”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

When you book the hotel you must ask for a casino packagel They never inform you until you ask and then they tell you it should have been done when booked. False advertising. The hotel was not worth the rate that was charged. I think i should receive a refund of one night because of the ignorance of the staff and the quality of the hotel. I just returned from a 5 star hotel and did not pay this much. Disgusting.

Room Tip: None south side
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank brendalconey
COORDINATOR78, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you for giving us your review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. We have several rate options between our standard room rates, online discounts, pre-paid discounts, casino packages, and many others. I do apologize for the confusion in rates. We do have a casino package and what a deal it is! This package is normally booked ahead of time so we can procure the coupons from the casinos for this discount, however if our management team is in, we should be able to get these coupons and offer the package for anyone who walks in. I am sorry if that was not the case. I will be speaking with our front office team and sales team to ensure this process is steamlined so this won't be an issue for the future. I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will visit us again soon and take advantage of our many discounts and offerings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

This morning i woke up because i kept itching along side my arm . I thought it was mosquito bites but i noticed red bite marks coming down my arm. Making maters worse my arm was swollen. Something told me check the bed. I checked the blanket nothing, I then checked on the side of the mattress sure enough BED BUGS! I stood just one night and I was bitten sooooo many times it is horrible. I just got home and took a hot steaming shower. I even put all of my clothes to wash in hot water. I took Benedryl and hydrocortizone cream. I'm so freakin pissed off right now. The manager never came to the room I got tired of waiting took pictures of the bed bugs as proof and packed my stuff. Once I went down stairs to her she looked at my arm and told my brother in law she was going to credit his card...wooopy do! No one rushed to the room to disinfect and I don't know what sniffing dog you have. I read your other reviews with the same problem and management sure as hell did not attend the matter fast or showed any concern. She didn't even apologize to me directly. Don't stay at this hotel! Its a nightmare having to go through this experience..... I have to inform you of this experience because management didn't show me they were going to handle the matter quickly in room 229 therefore I will inform everyone to stay away .

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Nypd-bk
First of all, let me apologize for the issue you had during your stay. This is definately not our norm. Second, I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these claims very seriously. Our team dropped the ball in showing our concern to you personally and that is unexceptable. We have since gone through further training with our staff. I do want to let you know that while the expression of concern was not shown, it was there. The staff called our service company immediatley and your room was inspected along with several rooms along side. The other rooms were confirmed clean, but I do have to say a light finding was visable in your particular room. The room was immediatley put out of service and treated. We are pleased to say that our most recent report showed no findings of any bugs during the routine montly inspection. We hope you see this is not our norm and will come visit us again.

Travellers are raving about these Egg Harbor Township hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We wanted a quick getaway to just relax and have dinner for the day. When we arrived our room was not ready but the person was nice enought to check to see if something else was available for us. The clerk gave us our room. When we got there is was very clean and spacious. I was very impressed with the hotel. If you read some of the reviews it makes you think it is a place that is much to be desired. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I loved sitting out by the pool in the evening chatting with my sweetie. This was just what we needed to start our weekend. We ate dinner at a resturant about 10 minutes away. You can dine in the hotel but we wanted to take a little drive. We are planning our next trip now. I loved staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor the rooms that face the pool area have a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
We are thrilled you were able to stay and enjoy your time away with your loved one. Thank you taking the time to give us your review. I hope you were able to enjoy the free breakfast in addition to the relaxing time by the pool. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Atlantic City!
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

We arrived at about 645 pm to check in. Check in was at 4 pm, and our room was not ready. I feel like having rooms ready for the guests by check in time is one of the bare minimum requirements for a hotel. The fact that our room wasnt ready until 3 HOURS AFTER THE CHECK IN TIME is an awful problem.

The room was solid though. Clean and comfortable. Ive been to AC 2 times prior, once at the tropicana and once at Ballys, and the room I got at the clarion was nicer that both of the other hotels I stayed in.

The drive to AC from our hotel was about 10 or 15 minutes. Not bad

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy you enjoyed our rooms. Our entire team takes great pride in our rooms, restaurant, and banquets. I am sorry our desk staff was not able to meet the check in times. Your comments are so valueable. We have since addressed this issue with our staff and have retrained our team so we will be better prepared for high volume days. Our team would like to invite you back to enjoy the spacious rooms and new and improved customer service!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I always try to book reservations directly with hotels, but this time around I was hi-jacked to a third party booking site. My purpose of this visit was to catch up with some family that was staying at Atlantic City. As we were approaching the Clarion, I called to inquire about cab service to downtown AC and was politely given information and suggestions. I decided at that time to confirm my reservations and was shock to hear they had us confirmed for two days later then my stay. Nancy, the manager, politely pulled the hard copy, fixed the mistake and provided us great service. No problem. The room was nice, clean and surprisingly quiet. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2bhere
, Sales Coordinator at Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write your review. We hope you had a wonderful time catching up with your family members in Atlantic City. We are very happy to hear that you would recommend us and will be staying with us again.

The Management and Staff of the
Clarion Hotel & Convention Center
central, NJ
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel with a group for 4 nights. It is a conference center and they dont have automatic doors so it is difficult to get your luggage and cart inside. We were greeted by desk manager who would not take our coupon, insisting it needed to be used at reservation even though the coupon said to use it at check in. The lobby was an ice box for all 5 days. The staff were freezing and we needed to put coats on to go to our rooms. The room door wouldn't lock and we needed the handy man to look at it. The security lock was hot glued to the door. Frankly, all the doors look like they were broken into. The bathroom didnt have a lock until we realized it did, on the outside so you can only lock someone IN the bathroom. Our friend asked for a light bulb as the reading lamp by the bed was out. She was told that was not possible. Heat didn't work one night in our room and our group confirmed that many had this problem. Breakfast wasn't bad but the exact same thing for 5 mornings. Our conference room was very cold but if we put the heat on it blew dust all over everyone causing other problems. There was a sign on the desk that stated that guests would be charged daily for the safe in the room but that the charge could be removed with 60 days of check out. As each of our group tried to check out and get the safe charge removed. They were told no and then she took the sign off the counter. Im sure I could go on. Its a terrible hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
COORDINATOR78, Sales Coordinator at Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
We want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write your review.
We take all customer complaints very seriously and want to get them resolved as quikly as possible. We are addressing each issue at this time and want to extend our sincere apology for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay.

The Management and Staff of the Clarion Hotel & Convention Center
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have to say that I totally disagree with the other reviews regarding the Clarion on Black Horse Pike, New Jersey. My husband and I stayed there New Year's Eve and had a wonderful time. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The room was beautiful and spotless. The breakfast was very good and the selection was awesome. The only problem we had was the bathroom sink stopper had to be replaced. We would definately stay there again. Good staff - good hotel = excellent experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob508
COORDINATOR78, SALES COORDINATOR at Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
We were very pleased to read your review regarding our hotel.
Its nice to know you enjoyed your New Years Eve. We can't wait to have
you back for another enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Have a happy healthy New Year

The Management and Staff of the
Clarion Hotel & Convention Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Quality Inn Pleasantville
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City? Share your experiences!