“Good menu, great food”

Ironbound Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #12 of 246 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As one of the best restaurants Newark, NJ has to offer, Ironbound is the ideal choice for locals, and business and leisure guests. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the day, we help travelers revamp for whatever adventure awaits.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Good choice of food on the menu and the quality was really good. The portions were generous and the service was very attentive with the waiting staff looking after us well. The restaurant is located in the Renaissance Newark Hotel and it would be very easy for them to let standards slide because there is no competition in the immediate area. Full marks to them in delivering good food to the table. If you're staying at the Renaissance there's little point in driving out to find a decent place to eat when you've got the Ironbound on site.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent service (thank you, Rosemary) and food you want to come back for - filet mignon (done perfectly), grouper, and don't miss out on the deserts - Yum!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had their signature burger: no complaints. Good stop whether you are at the Renaissance of next door.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Located inside the Renaissance Newark Airport hotel is Ironbound. The restaurant, partially attached to the hotel's bar, serves American fare, and very large portions.

We ordered the Fettucini, which is made with pesto and served with grilled chicken, mozzarella and tomatoes. The dish was very delicate and light, a nice meal pre-flight.

We also ordered the Roast Beef Melt, with American cheese instead of the swiss. The sandwich was much larger than expected, and definitely request more napkins from your waiter, you're going to need them, The sandwich is juicy and decadent, savory and rich and a whole lot of messy.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My 4 Sisters were staying at the near by Hampton Suites and Inns when we were going to BB Kings in NYC to see Eric Benet. We went to some of our favorite sites to find a great restaurant. Trip Advisor led us to the Ironbound Grill at the Renaissance Hotel by the Newark Airport. Loved the decor but was over the moon for our food selections. Angel made great suggestions on items on the menu. I had the BBQ chicken salad. It was fresh with incredible flavor. The salad was so delicious that I cleaned my plate. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. I could not even order anything from the dessert menu as I was stuffed. If I ever come back I will definitely come back to sample the other items on the menu. The price was reasonable to me.