“Stay Newark”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Stay Newark”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Good hotel to stay near Newark airport NJ,USA.Regular shuttles are available to Newark airport and to
transit point from where you can get
connected to New York Grand Central or to any other places.

The bad experience I had was we booked a room with fare for breakfast
through Hotel.com and at hotel they told breakfast was not included in our tariff.Which was a bad experience .

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed just the one night on Saturday 7th December, but have been here many times before. It always feels good to be back and you have a great welcome from staff in the restaurant and also at concierge (especially Arif).
Although I arrived exceptionally late (2am) I was given a late check out which was much appreciated and a quiet part of the hotel too, away from elevators etc. Lunch the next day in the restaurant was fabulous (I recommend the chicken cobb salad) washed down with a dirty martini!
Thanks again for a great stay and I'll be back there in 2014.

Room Tip: Select away from elevators
1 Thank TracyH791
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel after finding that the only flight plan coming back from the Dominican Republic had us staying over a night. I looked at some reviews and didn't see any SPG hotels near the airport so I decided to take another chance on Marriott. There was another Marriott nearby but it seemed to be where everyone rushed to and that's not my scene. Anyways, as we got through Customs we went to the hotel shuttle area where the Shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Sure enough they were on time and friendly. I'm more concerned with the on time part but in no time we checked into the hotel and were given a higher floor room. The rooms are very nice and updated with plenty of room for our belongings. Everything looked new and they'd given us plenty of pillows seeing as my husband believes I take up most of them. So everyone was pleased with what we were given.

We hadn't eaten all day so we made the trip to the restaurant downstairs. The food was very good and the service was great. The food came out relatively quickly and we were able to get back upstairs as we had a 6AM flight out the very next morning. The shuttle service the next morning was also on time and we certainly enjoyed our stay even though it was very brief. I usually don't stay at Marriott's as I'm an SPG customer but when I have no other option I will only stay at Renaissance. When you need a hotel to stay at near the airport this is your best bet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank remadrid17
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stay at the Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel each time I fly into and/or out of Newark Airport. The staff is extremely friendly, the hotel is beautiful and the concierge lounge is the best in the chain, especially for an aviation enthusiast. On a clear morning you can sit and watch airplanes and see the NYC skyline just beyond. The rooms are very modern and well apportioned. The beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the airport.
Edgewater Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here on business while traveling in the area of Newark. Hotel is in a very busy and populated area. Staff was friendly and efficient at check in as well. Parking is a bit of a concern as iron gates surround the property with a mandatory $16 parking fee. Not the safest area, although there is a guard present. Restaurants are local but difficult to get to with traffic on Route 1. Gym and pool are very nice here and above an average hotels amenities. Lobby is spacious and restaurant/bar onsite is busy and has a good variety of food options. Surprisingly good hotel even with the high traffic nearby and high turnover rate for the Newark airport nearby.

Room Tip: No good room views; however a room away from the front limits the traffic noise from Rt 1 nearby.
Scotland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here one night in between flights. We waited around 10 mins from the area where the shuttle buses arrived and departed from so this was fine for us.

The shuttle transfer took around 10 mins to get to the hotel and we were checked in right away. we arrived around 1pm but were still able to get our room right away. The room decor is nice but is looking a little worn compared to the photos on the website (stained carpert, scratched furniture). The bathroom was pretty basic but fine for a one night stay. We have stayed in the Elizabeth area before so we had decided that we would go back to the Jersey Gardens outlet mall and spend a few hours there. The hotel called a taxi for us and this cost us $20 each way and it was about 10 mins drive to the mall.

We had one drink in the bar that evening and it was a nice bar, quite relaxed and a good selection of drinks. We had then planned to order a takeaway to our room (the reception had kindly provide some menus for local takeaways) but we fell asleep!

Check out was quick the next morning and we only waited a few mins for a shuttle back to the airport. All in all a good short stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Full disclosure-I'm grading on a curve because I firmly believe guests have a right to expect more from premium brands. If this was a Fairfield or Holiday Inn, it would be a higher rating.
The staff was wonderful. Alegra at the front desk was welcoming, professional, and checked me in quickly. The shuttle driver provided good advice for getting to the train station as well as a restaurant suggestion. During my stay, I was greeted regularly. The meals were creative and delicious.
It's too bad their attention to the physical plant isn't as good.
There were poorly patched holes in the room wall and bathroom tile. Perhaps related to the holes, there was no towel rack or hook for my bathtowel. I found dirty fingerprints on the closet door and stains on a lampshade. There was no soapdish at the sink. The switchplate in the bathroom was badly cracked, and the back of the door was delaminating. Outside the room, things were better, although the elevators are in such disrepair, I kept assuming I was on the frieght elevator.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#4 of 14 in Elizabeth
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!