Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
All reviewsthe concierge loungenice hotelthin wallsrestaurant barfree shuttlenewark areashuttle runs every minutesindoor poolbed was very comfortablefront desk staffnew yorkshuttle serviceair trainlong flightan early morning flightpenn stationinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very nicely appointed; I was in a recently renovated king-bedded room; rooms are clean and modern; Lobby restaurant is good; Free shuttle to airport; Front desk personal very helpful and educated on subject matter.

1  Thank J M
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very nicely appointed; I was in a recently renovated king-bedded room. Lobby restaurant is good; had crabcake appetizer for lunch. Free shuttle runs from AirTrain stop at airport. (Hotel manager personally responded to an inquiry I sent to the main Marriott reservations address about how to get there from the airport--nice touch.) The flight crew (ex-Continental, now United) from my flight from Tokyo stayed at the same hotel and said it was the best place to stay in the area. While I liked my room, the public spaces weren't really my style and the freight-like elevators far from the main lobby left a less polished impression for an otherwise nicely renovated hotel. Excellent toiletries by Thann. Good breakfast in the concierge lounge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FanofTA
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed one night for $129 + tax (=$152) during a layover.

Shuttle bus worked well. Wifi worked well. Hotel was comfortable. Didn't use anything else - got in at 10:00pm and left at 8:00am.

Fine choice for a layover.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stay here several times a month as crew and the hotel consitently provides great service to us. The rooms are clean and modern, the food in the restaurant is very good and the employees are almost always very friendly.
Shuttle service is promt (every 15 min) and the hotel is less than 5 minutes from the EWR airport.
Try the Ironbound Salad with duck breast in the restaurant. It's GREAT!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Monika V, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thanks for the review! So happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to having you back with us soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I showed up at 11:55pm, checked in, asked about food and they told me I had two minutes to order at their bar. I figured when I asked the bartender about food, he would tell me that the grill had been turned off an hour earlier. To my surprise, they made me a great dinner that was hot and fresh. Kudos Renaissance for your high quality customer service. I then awoke at 4am for a early flight out and as promised their shuttle was up and running every 15 minutes. Exactly how every hotel should run.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that the staff took such great care of you during your short stay with us. We hope your next trip to the Newark Area brings you back to our hotel.