Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Flora Motel(Elizabeth)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungenice hotelthin wallsrestaurant barfree shuttlenewark areashuttle runs every minutesindoor poolbed was very comfortablefront desk staffnew yorkshuttle serviceair trainlong flightan early morning flightpenn stationinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I really have no complaints about this hotel. Even though the airport is very close by there is not excessive noise. The room and bathroom were both clean. The bar and restaurant were very nice and the food was pretty good. The staff was very friendly and actually let me check in early without a problem. Overnight parking fee was a little steep I thought ($16 per night). I was here for a conference and had a discounted room because of it. My only lower rating is because the hotel is nice but the normal nightly rate I feel is too high for what you get. Other than that I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a nice property, but not really close to many restaurants. Also with construction, the place was bit hard to find even with a gps.

I found check-in to be fast, everyone I encountered was friend and my room was great.

I did eat at the restaurant at the hotel and I found the food to be very good. I had a pork quesadilla with salsa and my friend Loren had the burger and both of us enjoyed our meal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed over night before joining our cruise on 8th May and post cruise in a room for the day on 17th May before our flight home. Both stays were excellent . Our rooms were spotless and spacious with very comfortable beds . The meals and service in the restaurant were also excellent. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. It was useful able to use the computer to print out our boarding cards before leaving for the airport . No hesitation in staying again if we return to Newark.

9  Thank rayhayes4995
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were leaving for a cruise out of Fort Bayonne, so we chose the Renaissance Newark Hotel. Pick up time from the airport was lengthy, but not horrible. The hotel itself is somewhat modern, rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable. I'll never understand why they have to charge for Inter Net. If it is there, let us have it....especially elite members. our stay was uneventful until we left the next day. Everyone seemed a little perplexed about how to get to the cruise terminal and finally they called a cab for us. After waiting for 10-15 minutes a man came in the lobby and asked if we were going to the cruise terminal and we said, yes. He hustled us out the door and had our lugguage quickly stowed in the filthy trunk of his beat up cab. At that point, a clerk came out of the hotel and said that was not the cab he called and we needed to re-negociate the price. We did and the fare was less so we left. It was a that point we realized we made a huge mistake!!!! The cab had no meter, no license, no brakes, and a thick plastic shield between the driver and us so we could not even talk to him. We are senior citizens and should know better, but we are from SoCal and rarely take cabs. Although this has little to do with the hotel, I do wish they had been more adament about us waiting for the cab they called. We made it to the cruise terminal, but not without a lot of nail biting on the way.

1  Thank irishis4me
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I checked in after mid-night and left at 7:30 for a flight. They put me in a suite on the concierge level which was very clean and spacious. I wish the bar was open past 11:30/midnight - it was shut down upon my arrival. I try to not fly through Newark, but if I do, I know I can stay at the Renaissance.