Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Newark, NJ
“ANTS!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The room is nice. There is a nice parking area free of charge. The hotel offers free WiFi.Only problem so far are the ants. They always come out when I cook something, but other than that my stay not bad at all so far. Still currently here as of now

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel, however we apologize that you had to encounter the inconvenience due to ants in the room. I can assure you this is an isolated incident and will be addressed right away .

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ewk@extendedstay.com or you are welcome to stop by at the front desk anytime .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here 4 days and from beginning to end I have been treated with nothing but great customer service. I was able to keep my dog with me here at the hotel for only $25.00 a night extra. The kitchen in my room is perfect for cooking meals here & the room is huge with a nice closet, ironing board, iron and storage racks. I was in room 415 and it has a nice view of Newark airport. The Jersey Gardens Mall is literally across the street where you can take the Jersey Transit bus to NYC (BUS 111 or 115) *note buses from the mall don't run past 6 Sundays* There's a free courtesy shuttle until 11pm to and from the airport. Tiffany and Rodrigo are possibly the best front desk assocites I've ever met and their service has made me decide to book here first before anywhere else. The beds are comfortable, theres a free grab and go breakfast in the morning and a very easy commute via car or bus to the city.This is a very safe place and quite contrary to the "raccoon" and "pot smell" review let me just say this-I was a military police officer. I can tell you there was NO "pot smell" anywhere in this hotel. And as I was here four days with my dog I was outside with him multiple times during the night and there were zero racoons. After having stayed many places while serving I can honestly say this makes my top 5. I highly recommend it. To the courteous and efficient staff, I truly thank you and look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: I recommend the 4th floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the great customer service our staff provided to you during your stay. As well, I am glad that you liked your room, the kitchen, our hotel's location and our free shuttle service. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team, including Tiffany and Rodrigo.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the General Manager to the Front Desk Manager, this hotel is staffed with some of the worst personalities I've had the displeasure of knowing. If ignoring the guests, being rude and condescending was a contest...this property wins hands down!

Besides the horrible front desk staff, the hotel is barely average. Between constant smell of weed in the hallways, fire alarms going off, the trash all over the parking lot....and the team of Raccoons (yes, about 15 raccoons) that wrestle nightly in the overflowing garbage cans.

This is probably the worst property I've ever dealt with. Do yourself a favor...there are three other hotels right next door! Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, and Country Inn and Suites. Do not stay at this hotel. Ever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Period.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Foxboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Bed hard as a rock, blankets n pillow smelled weird, no water pressure at allllllllll in the shower n expensiveee considering the place..... must conside these rreviews more seriously next time........

• Stayed July 2013
washington wv
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was very please with the cleanliness of the rooms and the bed was comfortable. I stayed 3 nights while visiting the big apple and it was more than adequate. The only real complaint I have was I had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle and the hotel is about 3 miles away. I called 3 times and I was getting pissed as I had came in on a flight that was delayed for 3 hours. Every other hotel picking up guests had 5 or 6 shuttles come and go as I waited.

Tip- DO NOT pay the advertised rate of $119 per night. You are throwing your money away. This hotel is hardly EVER at capacity and can be had for $57 or less on priceline. Look at the express deals and if you see a ONE STAR hotel listed as Newark Airport Elizabeth, you will 100% get this hotel.

For three nights weekend stay.

hotel website price- $425.86
My total thru priceline- $206.54

Both totals are including taxes and all fees.

Thats a savings of about 53%.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Found the environment and accommodation quite private and personal. It almost feels like being home. The service was good but for the room service which I believe has to be intensified. All in all I think it's a good place to stay in the Newark int. airport area.

Room Tip: Found the single bed room very excellent for a couple
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations in our Home away from Home experience. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 14 in Elizabeth
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!