Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
US$84
US$88
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsjob sitesmall kitchenwashing machinejersey gardens mallnyc visitneed arisesthe general managerclose to the airportnew yorknewark penn stationmall across the streetan airport hotelihoppetsstovemillsruby
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay around the airport for the night. We booked the hotel by the internet expecting for an average room (referring to a 2 stars hotel...) the room has everything you need, bed is comfy, equipped kitchen, free wifi, super clean. It was above and beyond if what we expected.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. I am happy to know that you found your guest room clean and comfortable. Also, I am pleased to hear that you found our free WiFi to be an added bonus.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I travelled with my 15 year old son for a weekend getaway. This hotel was just average to me. I was quoted a cheaper price over the phone and when I arrived it was higher than expected. I did appreciate the wifi service in the room but I didn't like the fact that there was no iron in the room

• Stayed: October 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our Wi-Fi Service however, we apologize that there was no Iron in the room and if there was any miscommunication on our part regarding your room rate. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The room is nice. There is a nice parking area free of charge. The hotel offers free WiFi.Only problem so far are the ants. They always come out when I cook something, but other than that my stay not bad at all so far. Still currently here as of now

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel, however we apologize that you had to encounter the inconvenience due to ants in the room. I can assure you this is an isolated incident and will be addressed right away .

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ewk@extendedstay.com or you are welcome to stop by at the front desk anytime .

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here 4 days and from beginning to end I have been treated with nothing but great customer service. I was able to keep my dog with me here at the hotel for only $25.00 a night extra. The kitchen in my room is perfect for cooking meals here & the room is huge with a nice closet, ironing board, iron and storage racks. I was in room 415 and it has a nice view of Newark airport. The Jersey Gardens Mall is literally across the street where you can take the Jersey Transit bus to NYC (BUS 111 or 115) *note buses from the mall don't run past 6 Sundays* There's a free courtesy shuttle until 11pm to and from the airport. Tiffany and Rodrigo are possibly the best front desk assocites I've ever met and their service has made me decide to book here first before anywhere else. The beds are comfortable, theres a free grab and go breakfast in the morning and a very easy commute via car or bus to the city.This is a very safe place and quite contrary to the "raccoon" and "pot smell" review let me just say this-I was a military police officer. I can tell you there was NO "pot smell" anywhere in this hotel. And as I was here four days with my dog I was outside with him multiple times during the night and there were zero racoons. After having stayed many places while serving I can honestly say this makes my top 5. I highly recommend it. To the courteous and efficient staff, I truly thank you and look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: I recommend the 4th floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the great customer service our staff provided to you during your stay. As well, I am glad that you liked your room, the kitchen, our hotel's location and our free shuttle service. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team, including Tiffany and Rodrigo.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the General Manager to the Front Desk Manager, this hotel is staffed with some of the worst personalities I've had the displeasure of knowing. If ignoring the guests, being rude and condescending was a contest...this property wins hands down!

Besides the horrible front desk staff, the hotel is barely average. Between constant smell of weed in the hallways, fire alarms going off, the trash all over the parking lot....and the team of Raccoons (yes, about 15 raccoons) that wrestle nightly in the overflowing garbage cans.

This is probably the worst property I've ever dealt with. Do yourself a favor...there are three other hotels right next door! Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, and Country Inn and Suites. Do not stay at this hotel. Ever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Period.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family