Courtyard by Marriott Newark Elizabeth
US$88
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
All reviewsjersey gardens outlet mallwithin walking distancefood courtbreakfast and dinnerairport marriottshuttle servicestayed two nightsbeds were very comfortableclose to the airportlarge malllate checkoutruby tuesday and ihopdirectly across the streetvery nice stayparking feesofa bedfree shuttle
Reviewed 6 November 2013

A large group of us stayed here prior to a cruise. The exterior of the grounds were well kept, the front desk was well staffed and the lobby was very clean. All of us were able to be checked in quickly and our rooms assigned. After were got our room assignment, my wife and I took our luggage to our room. We were surprised how spacious and clean in was. Well stocked with amenities. Very comfortable bed. Small couch and table as well as dresser and desk with chair. Fairly nice view. The lobby included a large area where guests could sit and talk as well as couches that were set in front of a large TV. Also in the lobby was The Bistro, which was a small bar/cafe. One person usually manned The Bistro, unless it got busy and then help would be called to help take orders and man the cash register. The Bistro had several tables and couch/booths to accommodate a fairly large crowd. Several restaurants were located within walking distance as well as a huge mall where you could probably get just about anything you forgot for your trip. Only complaint was that we added $25 to our room charge for breakfast before we arrived and it turns out that it would probably have cost us a little bit less if we had just ordered from the menu. Our ship was delayed so we couldn't get on until 5 o'clock and check out time was noon. They graciously allowed us to leave our luggage in a conference room until our bus arrived at 5 and we spent some of that time at the nearby mall. The staff was very friendly, very helpful and very courteous.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction and customer care are amongst our highest priorities so thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I will certainly share this positive feedback with members of my team as we aim to provide a truly memorable stay for all of our Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth guests. We do hope to welcome you back to Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed for a night on our way back from our honeymoon. We had an overnight layover in Newark and it was convenient. I was most impressed with Chris at the Front Desk though, the gentleman working Sunday morning, 11/3. We were at the airport when I realized I thought I had lost my (new) wedding ring. My husband got on the phone with him and he immediately dropped everything, went up to the room with security and scoured it, reporting only having found one bobby pin we left behind. He showed immediate empathy and took action. Turns out we had it, but we so appreciate his willingness to help us. Thank you, Chris!!! -Kendal & Alex Young

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and Congratulations on your marriage! We are so glad you found your wedding ring. I have shared this great comment with Chris one our guest service representatives.

We do hope to welcome you back to Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth in the near future and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They reserved car service for us when we checked in for our trip to the cruise port in Bayonne for the following morning.
The room itself was clean, quiet and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed watching the incoming planes from our window. It was nice having the Bistro in the lobby, the food was very good and there was a good variety of menu choices. The warm LARGE chocolate chip cookie with ice cream looked so good! We liked the seating area or "pods" as we called them in the lobby area with the individual tv screen and remote in each one. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Guest feedback is our top priority and we use them as service opportunities to ensure guest satisfaction. We have great park and fly options as well as other great room packages.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The new Courtyards are great. I especially love the Bistro which I believe is open 24/7. They have decent food, Starbucks coffee and top shelf liquors and beers. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They also have an airport shuttle that leaves every 30 minutes. This is basically an airport hotel as there isn't much to do once you venture away from the hotel other than the outlet mall across the street, a Ruby Tuesdays and an IHOP right next to the hotel. I stayed here for business so I didn't have a chance to get out much but as I mentioned the surrounding area is mostly undesirable. I would recommend this hotel if you need to be close to Newark airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed there in September for one night. The hotel is close to the airport and the mall. The room was clean and quite. The airport shuttle runs only every 30 minutes. I think this is to less for a airport hotel. The shuttle was in a bad shape and was not a good first impression. The hotel and the rooms are in good shape. But compare with other courtyards the service could be better.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriel K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newark Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay on Trip Advisor. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction of the Shuttle condition and level of service during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the Courtyard Marriott Elizabeth experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry for this occurrence.

I will be sure to follow up with our management team so that we may look further into these matters. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we hope to welcome you back.