Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchendining tablefront deskoutlet malltwo bedroom suiteburner stovejersey gardens mallnew yorkwalking distancean extended staylight sleeperhigh floorroom was spotlessindustrial areafood courtother hotelsruby tuesdays
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I wanted a place near the airport for 5 hours and chose this property. Its a great place but obviously the location is not one of the best. Its a bit out of the way from the airport , like 2-3 miles away. There is nothing next to it in terms of restaurants or shops. The area is an industrial one. There is a large outlet mall but not in walking distance. The property is a large one and you can be picked up by hotel shuttle from the airport parking lot. Check in was swift and I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was the usual newer types of Residence Inn rooms and had 2 rooms with a queen bed in each room .There were 2 separate bathrooms and a small living room with a sofa bed. The hotel served my purpose by providing me a comfortable place for resting for 5 hours

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here last Saturday night, for a couple reasons. One was the fact that my wife had an 8am Global Entry interview at Newark airport. The other was that I had an expiring free night at a category 1-4 hotel, and there aren't very many category 1-4 hotels close to where we live. So we decided to make a night of it, and took my 2 year old along.

Pluses:

- Shuttle every 1/2 hour to Newark
- Small but nice indoor pool, which my daughter loved
- Nice gym
- Security paroling the parking lot - very important in the Elizabeth/Newark area
- All rooms are 1 bedroom+, so there was a lot of room for our family
- Friendly night attendants
- Walking distance to Jersey Gardens, a large indoor outlet mall
- Free breakfast
- Nice outdoor area with grill (didn't take advantage since it's already October, but looks like it would be nice to use in Summer)

Minuses:

- $14 parking charge
- Room could use a little updating. Fridge and microwave looked kinda old, and since they were white, they didn't really fit with the decor of the room. Shower area also was showing it's age, and should be updated.
- Shuttle from Newark Airport back to hotel didn't show up, so my wife had to wait a 1/2 hour extra for the next one
- No double beds in any rooms. This made it difficult for us since my daughter wanted to sleep in a big bed, so I ended up sleeping on a roll-away.

All in all and for what I expected of a Newark/Elizabeth hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. Good location, pleasant people, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank yoshapman
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. My room is awesome. It's like an apartment. I have a full kitchen. There is laundry facilities here. There is a gym. It's walking distance to an IHOP and Ruby Tuesday. It is walking distance to Jersey Gardens Mall. There is a shuttle to and from the airport which runs every half hour and that's 24 hours a day. It's very clean. The continental breakfast is great! Today there was dinner for the people staying here. It was Italian night. I will stay here again if I ever need to. It's really great and the rates are very reasonable

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with four other people, for a weekend visit to New York City, We had a suite, and it was lovely , my only complaint would be that the Sofa bed was really uncomfortable and the room was really quite cold and no way of changing the temperature , that I could find , other than that, it was perfect !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights.
After reading the reviews and after staying at the other properties around this hotel, I was very curious to see the Residence Inn..
We took the free shuttle from the airport (station P4 by the airtrain) and arrived after 7 minutes ride.
We got in at around 7AM and the nice lady at the reception was able to give us a room at that time. It is very nice to get a room so early after a long flight.
The room was on the 4th floor. Very nice studio apartment. The room was spotless, very clean and from first impression once entering, it looks very nice.
The bed was a queen sized bed and it was a bit of a disappointment as we were used to get king size beds at other hotels. We were told by the reception that all rooms at this hotel are queen size.
After sleeping there for 2 nights, it wasn't that bad as the bed was very comfortable. No safe in the room. I find it surprising as most of Marriott hotels offer in room safe. You can get a safe in the reception area, however, it is not very comfortable.
You will find a fully equipped kitchen with a big fridge, very nice living room, rotating LCD TV screen, in room free Wi-Fi, very nice and clean bathroom and the washing basin is outside of the bathroom which is nice as well as you can wash hands even if someone using the bathroom.
Location.. Well, we took this hotel as our initial plan was to visit Jersey Gardens outlet witch is right across the street from the hotel. You can actually walk to the mall (5 minute walk). The free shuttle is running to the airport every 30 minutes (on the hour) and the driver comes into the lobby area before leaving.
Breakfast was nice. Couple of hot dishes, like scrambled eggs, and potatoes, yogurt, fruits, cereal, bagels, etc. They offer coffee, apple & orange juice. however, it might need a refill just as you wish to get yourself a drink and it does take them sometime to refill it.
Best part of the breakfast is the waffle corner. Just go and spoil yourself..
On our second day we rented a car and parked it at hotel parking area. Use your room key to enter & exit the parking. We weren't sure about the fee for the parking, especially after reading some of the reviews and even checking on hotel website where it was written that the parking fee is $11 per 24 hours. However, we were not charged for it at all.
Overall, it was an excellent choice and we will look to stay at the Residence Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple