Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Toronto
“Very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for a night to be close to Newark for a friend's wedding nearby. I got a great deal on Priceline but they charge $14 for parking per 24 hours. This really bothered me - sure if you're in NYC or somewhere that places a premium on space then I understand. But Elizabeth, NJ? Come on.... So the great deal I got became a decent deal.

Other than that, the hotel is really nice. Front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was spotless and comfortable. The bed was amazing. Breakfast was very good - but the worker there wasn't too friendly. She answered questions and was helpful but came across as if she'd rather be doing something else. Not an enjoyable interaction.

Random oddity - there are two elevators and two elevator buttons - one for each elevator. However, each button only works for one elevator. So you need to press both of the "up" or "down" to make sure you're getting the closer elevator. Wasn't a negative, I just found it odd.

• Stayed April 2014
rajesh p, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport was enjoyable.

RAJESH PATEL
Residence Inn Elizabeth
rajesh.patel@marriott.com
908-352-4300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is pretty average, but it certainly is decent enough for an overnight stay between connections.

The bed was very comfortable and clean. The room was large and clean. I actually had a very nice sleep. I hate beds where there are clearly linens (like the old nylon bed spreads) that don't get changed between visits. And there was none of that, so that is the most important thing.

I believe the hotel had free wifi.

The hotel also runs an airport shuttle every half hour for free, and that was very useful.

There is also a free buffet breakfast. It's decent enough for a light snack in the morning, but I wouldn't want to eat there more than once.

All and all, I got a great deal on priceline and with the free breakfast and free shuttle, the value here is very good. No complaints.

Ya, the location sucks and I don't think there is much around (there is an IHOP and maybe another restaurant close by you can walk to). But really, it's an airport hotel. It's close to the airport. So that is what you are getting here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
rajesh p, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014

Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was recently booked by Hotels.com at an alternative hotel which was supposed to be Pet Friendly...on reaching the hotel after a 12 hour drive & feeling exhausted my family & I & our pet were turned away from the hotel as they said they were NOT a pet friendly hotel & Hotels.com refused to admit their mistake leaving us stranded!! After Hotels.com disconnected on us & told us there is no guarantee we would get a pet friendly hotel..which is so ridiculous, since that is exactly why we contacted them in the first place!!!!...the manager of the hotel got us in touch with Residence Inn & on reaching this hotel everything worked out & they made our stay so comfortable. The staff were EXCELLENT, my teen boys loved the breakfast every morning & the location to all the shopping was so convenient. They were so pet friendly & always greeted us so cheerfully which made us feel so welcome. Wonder why Hotels.com did not make a reservation for us here in the first place!!! Thank you Mr. Patel & staff for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future
Wargrave, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Residence Inn is in a fairly bleak location close to Newark International Airport. That said, it was clean and the suite was spacious. There was very little human contact - the place looked only sparsely inhabited! - but the room was comfortable and warm. Breakfast was a buffet with what seemed like lots of contract oil workers, so maybe you're getting a feel for the place. Nevertheless, it's convenient for the airport and for Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal. There's a mall right across the road which has some good shops. And the price was reasonable. So no big shocks, surprises or complaints. Just no 'wow'.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andy C
rajesh p, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete reveiw on tripadvisor. I understand you were not delighted with staff service but did enjoy your overall stay. I would like to hear more about the experience we can learn and improve staff servcie and continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

rajesh.patel@marriott.com
908-352-4300
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights a week for about 6 months. It was always spotless. The employees are all helpful, fun, and professional. I had problems with my room twice in all those stays, once a broken lock, and once a clogged drain. Both were rectified within 10 minutes. The lock was disassembled and repaired before I finished reporting it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 3rdDecadeTraveler
Thank you for taking the time to complete reveiw on tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport was enjoyable.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've stayed at several different residence Inn before, but this one did not meet my expectation. The hotel appears to be a decent hotel from their official website, it states that "We are also 2 miles away from Newark Liberty International Airport and offer a complimentary shuttle within a 5-mile radius" However, during my stay when I asked about the shuttle, they responded that they only provided shuttle service to P4 instead of terminals. When I asked about shuttle to the nearby outlet, I was told in verbatim "Not at this hotel, we don't have shuttle service to the outlet". Obviously the outlet is less than 5 miles from the hotel. During my stay, the room assigned looks clean and satisfactory however at around 2am I was awaken by a noise next door which is a storage room for employees, it sounded like alarm with constant beeping. It happened almost every night during my stay, I called the front desk for the first few nights and they were able to turn it off after about an hour or so, however the last night of my stay the front desk told me they didn't have anyone who can turn it off and ask if I wanted to switch room at 2am in the morning. When I checked out, no one even mentioned anything about it, so I brought up this issue and they offer to credit one day of parking fee. As a platinum marriott reward member, I felt the hotel did not make any effort to provide 100% customer satisfaction, and address the issues effectively during my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank F0rever77
rajesh p, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to with you and your family many best of season greeting. I want to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. I do apologize for lack for service during your stay and would like to extend and welcome you to come back and stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me when you are in area and I'll be glad to take care of your reservations.

Thank you and have safe New Year!
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We flew home from Jamaica to Nashville through Newark and had to stay the night. We were very pleased with this hotel. It's clean, modernized, and the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. We asked for a rollaway and it was delivered immediately. The whole place looks newly renovated. The only downer was that we missed breakfast because it ended at 9.

Stayed December 2013
rajesh p, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear your stay was pleasent & enjoyable and my staff was there to assis you with your needs. I am sorry to hear you were not able to join us for breakfast. If you are in area in future please do not hesitate to contact me and I'll be glad to offer you discounted rate or upgrade based on availability.

Thank you for your valued business and loyalty to Marriott.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 13 in Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Been to Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!