Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Washington, DC
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was impressed by the service levels and the place itself.
They were renovating quite a few rooms but I did never feel like I was out of the place.

Great breakfast and outstanding service, not to mention the complementary drinks in the evenings.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Louisiana
Reviewed 16 August 2009

The hotel was wonderful. The rooms were clean, the staff was extremely kind and helpful, and the breakfast was tasty. The pool was very nice, also. We stayed here for five days and I could not havebeen more pleased. The only mishap was an alarm clock that kept going off in the next suites at 5:00 am. Initially, I thought no one was inthe room andthe clock's alarm was left in the "on" position. I called the front desk and they informed me that there was someon in the room. He or she just did not see fit to cut off the alarm. Strange, I know. Anyway, when we received our bill, we discovered that a full night had been deleted. That was totally unexpected, but much appreciated. Also, wireless internet would be a good addition to the hotel amenities. Currently, one has to hook up a laptop to an ethernet cable. It's free, though. Any time I am in the Newrk/New York area, I will stay here. The hotel is a bit out of the way (kind of in the middle of nowhere), but they really know how to treat their guests.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Our room was huge! It had its own living room and TV, almost full kitchen - dishwasher included. The staff was good and there was shuttle service to and from the hotel. We had to book this place last minute, when plans with a friend fell through. The staff was very accomodating and let us arrive really early after having been on the AmTrak forever.

The real problem is that it is so far away from anything. Our intention had been to be around the nyc area, but it took an hour and some change just to arrive in Newark throuh public transportation, and a full 2 + hours to get into nyc. Most car services or taxis couldn't even find the place without GPS and without charging us some sort of surcharge for the amount of travel. We ended up having to relocate, the hassle was just too much.

I cannot really recommend this place to anyone except of you are trying to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2008
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I have stayed at many of the Newark area hotels. The Residence Inn is, by far, the nicest of them all. First, it has free parking, second: the rooms are very large, clean, and have a full kitchen, third, it's across from the Jersey Gardens mall, and fourth, there's free internet.

Many times, the more stars a hotel has the more they try to nickel and dime you. Extra cost for internet, parking, etc. In the case of the Residence Inn, it's a pleasure to walk into a hotel that is IMMACULATE inside and the rooms appear to have been updated very recently. There is a full kitchen in the suite and they will do your grocery shopping for you during the day while you're out (i didn't use this service but saw it written up in their brochure).

From the pictures on Tripadvisor it's possible that some of the rooms have been updated b/c my room was a lot nicer than the travellers pics I see posted on the web.

The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. There's a pool and very basic fitness center in the hotel. I also used their free computer to check my email and print my boarding pass prior to my flight. A shuttle operates every 30 minutes to the airport and drops you off at your terminal (as opposed to taking you to P4 and having to take the monorail).

I stayed on the 5th floor and loved this hotel. HIGHLY recommended.

Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Hotel_Sam
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2008

I stayed at this hotel repeatedly last spring (2008) until I could no longer take the noise. They book a lot of tour groups, mostly young (teens and pre-teens). Often the rooms had no adults in them and the parties became quite loud. It became so bad, the hotel keep police officers on the premises.

After a particularly bad stay, I was promised a quiet room for my next visit (3 days later). But, the person making the promise never followed through and again I was stuck next across from a group of unsupervised teens. One of the other guests called the police on these teens and an officer had to spend 15 minutes arguing in the hall with one of the teens.

I will never stay here again.

• Liked — Free breakfast was good.
  • Disliked — Loud guests and management that did nothing to control it.
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
texas
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Our flight was rerouted due to hurricane Ike so we got to Newark a day late and without a hotel reservation. Using the hotel phones directly connected to airport hotels, we found a room in this Residence Inn. The rate was expensive, 200 + a night because the only thing available was a 2-bedroom-suite but we was not choosy at that moment after an all day travel.

The lobby was spacious, better than some other Residence Inns I've been in. The reception desk personnel was courteous and helpful. The suite was old fashioned, small rooms with queen beds, small baths, and a tiny kitchen area. The mattresses were not up to Marriott standard.

Breakfast next morning was adequate with the typical offer: juices, coffee, pastries, boiled eggs and cooked oatmeal.

Overall, it's a good airport hotel even if the location is bad, full of shipping container storage facilities connected by confusing highways. I were glad that we did not drive because it would be bad trying to find an exit on an unfamiliar highway while surrounded with 18 wheelers!

This hotel is good for a stay between flights. The complimentary shuttle bus went to airport once an hour.

• Liked — Near EWR airport
  • Disliked — Near EWR airport
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank khvan
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Traveled to this property for a business trip. I found this place to be new, clean, and well taken care of. The food was good at breakfast and it seemed to be well managed.

I will definitely use this property again.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — airplanes taking off all day/night
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Bgib118
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#6 of 14 in Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!