Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Newer quiet hotel. Ruby Tuesday in walking distance (like, next door). Check on the shuttle times for Pick up at airport and make sure you know where to get it (we waited 30 minutes to be picked up). Not complaining, but we must have just missed one and waited a long time for the next one. Going from hotel to airport was timely and fine. This hotel is in same area (stone throw) from marriot, but is closer to Ruby (just easier). No bar/restaurant breakfast starts at 6 a.m.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cruiserdavy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed there recently in February, 2013 and had issues from the very beginning. When I checked in I noticed the room was really dated with CRT TVs, in addition to it I had a broken iron as well as broken the refrigerator in the room. Preparing for a meeting early morning I called in the Front desk at 10:00 PM and was assured that the iron will be delivered promptly. But after waiting for more than 2 hours I called back again only to be told there was no record of my call and the receptionist is the only person working in the hotel so not sure how they will deliver the iron to me. The iron was finally delivered at 1 AM which spoiled my whole next day in office. Letting go of this incident I stayed there for 4 nights and left at 5PM the last day. After I came back from my trip I noticed a charge for the 5th night. I called the hotel and spoke to their Manager, who is the rudest person I have spoken to in customer service industry. He initially noticing the mistake put me on hold only to later on tell me a lie that even if you check out at 5 PM we will charge you for the whole night. In their confirmation email they specifically mention that you can cancel your reservation before 6 PM with no penalty. This is a hotel which doesn't honor it's words and scams it's guests stay away from them.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Yatin A
Lisa P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

I am sorry you ran into a few issues during your stay. We do understand that the property is a little dated and this is why we are updating the property at this time. We have changed many of the TV's to the new flat screen TV's for the guests. Please be advised that when you check out after 12:00 pm without proper request for a late check out you will be charged for a day. When reservations are made as well as upon check in all registration cards state that check out time is 12:00 noon. Yes there is a cancellation by 6:00 pm for guests that are arriving and not check into the property. The reason we allow this is because the rooms are not occupied by the guests and do not have to be cleaned by housekeeping. All rooms that are occupied by guests need depart by 12:00 noon on scheduled day of departure to be properly cleaned for the next guests arrival.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

A hotel that belongs to well known hotel chain and that I have had many pleasant stays in the past in other cities, this particular one is really strange; despite being an airport hotel close to one of the busiest airports (Newark) this hotel still sports old style CRT TVs (Instead of the HD flat panel TV that most hotels switched to 2 years back), does not provide more than 1 small bottle of shampoo or conditioner even for a 4 days stay, and has a crappy - very low speed - internet.

If one doesn't mind the above drawbacks, this hotel has all the standard fare like, free breakfast, clean room etc. Breakfast for vegetarians though is again less than sumptuous. Given a choice, I would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SriniIyer

Thank you for your response in regards to your last stay. Please be advised we do understand that the TV's are old and that is why we are in the process of changing out the old ones and replacing them with the new flat screen TV's. At this time we have replaced many of the TV's and will have them all completed shortly. We take pride in making sure everyones stay here is enjoyable and comfortable and we are updating the property to the standards our guests expect. I hope you stay with us in the future to see the many changes we are making.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We spent 5 nights here visiting New York. We flew into Newark and the shuttle was over was smooth. We had 2 rooms that were connecting. The rooms were clean but it does seem as if the hotel needs to be updated. The breakfast was fine and there is lots of choices for all different tastes. I wasn't wowed but I would say it was okay. Bonus is there are outlets across the street for anyone needing to shop!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Customcruises
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed here during my over night layover in Newark. Sure a nice hotel with clean rooms and friendly staff...
This hotel has free airport shuttle something I look forward to when I stay in hotel just to kill my layover.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hyginus F
Reviewed 17 January 2013

In Jan 13 was my third visit to this hotel and will not hesitate to go on my next visit. The location is great close of the airport with free shuttle, there is 2 excellent restaurant on the same lot (Hop and Ruby Tuesday) and across the street the Jersey Garden great outlet shopping. The continental breakfast is excellent good choice of food and free

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald R
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property after our flight from LaGuardia was cancelled right after the Memorial Day weekend. We were definitely not happy regarding our flight situation, but when we arrived at the hotel after some last minute booked, we were very happy. The property was very clean, the staff welcoming, and overall we LOVE the Country Inn chain. This was our first time staying at Country Inn and since then we've stayed at 3 other hotels in the US and Canada. The hotel offered what we needed, we did not use too many of the amenities. We had an early morning flight so we were not able to try the breakfast, but it's typically the standard fare of oatmale, make it yourself waffles, yogurt, fruits, and muffins/breads. And of course they have delicious cookies throughout the day. I would definitely recommend this chain if you are looking for a clean hotel with friendly staff at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SappiNY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
0 mi away
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ? Share your experiences!