“defo be back again”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“defo be back again”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. the rooms were spacious and clean and although its in the flight path to Newark airport, I was never aware of or disturbed by any aeroplanes. the pool area was so disinfected that the colour faded from my socks. the staff were friendly and my friend was permitted to have her shopping parcels delivered. we were informed that it was room only but everyone got a free breakfast every morning with a choice of teas, coffees, fruit juices and water, fresh fruit, oatmeal n cooked food. there was a good selection of bread and muffins and also toast and waffle making facilities. I don't usually drink coffee but I thoroughly enjoyed a cup every morning. there was the option to have breakfast in your room if u preferred. there was a small shop with all the essentials and some ready meals as all rooms had microwaves and also tea making facilities. there were information packs in the rooms with all the information you could need and included local take away menus which was handy. the hotel is within walking distance to a massive outlet mall called Jersey Gardens and it takes 2-3 minutes to walk. the shuttle bus from hotel was great. it ran every 30 minutes and was free. I used it every single day of my trip. the female shuttle bus driver was so friendly and helpful and we often had a good laugh. there was a ruby Tuesdays right next door and an I-hop just at the side of Ruby Tuesdays.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I did a Stay and Park with the hotel. It's very close to the airport so it was convenient. We got shuttled to the airport, but since the shuttle only goes every 30 minutes we were late to our flight. Luckily we made it back just in time so we didn't have to wait in the cold to get back. The man at the desk, Eddie was very helpful and answered all of our questions.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kassidy F
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here overnight for a quick getaway and had a great time. I was able to shop across the street and then soak in my in room jacuzzi. The staff was friendly and the hotel itself is very clean. IHOP is right next door if you miss the hotel's breakfast. I will definitely be going back for another quick getaway.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mrs_Tjamison
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Nice and friendly staff. Nice decor in room and free wifi. Didn't really take advantage of complimentary breakfast but did see there was a decent selection. Free shuttle to and from the airport was excellent and the free parking on site for the duration of our trip was a money saver. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob W
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for the weekend in mid-November. The room was clean and well appointed with a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The breakfast in the morning was great. A nice mix of things with chicken,gravy and biscuits one morning to French toast and sausage the next. There was a waffle maker available as well as oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, breads, and cereal.

We walked over to the mall/outlet and spent a few hours browsing. Went back late afternoon to the movie theater. There is a food court as well as Applebee's. Closer to the hotel is IHOP and Ruby Tuesdays. Not much to do nearby other than the mall but the hotel is close to the highway.

The two men at the front desk were outstanding. Very helpful and personable.

We did go into NYC, we drove to Journal Square in Jersey City (15-20 minutes from hotel), parked and took PATH train into the city (33rd and broadway). $5.00 fare round trip. Parking $8.00. 15 minute train ride. Easy way to get into city. Looked into taking the free shuttle from hotel to the Newark airport and taking the train into the city from the airport-decided against it as it was $25/roundtrip and would take over an hour.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abenicig
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for a 3 night trip to New York. I was flying into EWR so the free shuttle was handy (Location P4 at the airport) as was the distance to this hotel which is about a 5-10 minute drive. The rating here is difficult - I had to rate it at 3 but 3.5 would be more like my opinion. Not quite a four. There is nothing bad per se about this hotel - the room was clean and the pool/whirlpool was nice. Breakfast the usual suspects of eggs/waffles/cereals/juices etc. I would get the free shuttle to the airport then take the train into Manhattan which cost $25 for a roundtrip. Aprox 25 minutes once onboard.
I got a pretty good price for this hotel but if you add on the $25 for the train to NYC I'm not so sure but staying in Manhattan itself may have been better. I certainly wouldn't have got a pool/breakfast/wifi for the same money in Manhattan but I wouldn't be far off with the cost of the train.
I got a room beside the elevator which was quite noisy but I was so tired from my days in the city it didnt really bother me too much. When EWR uses the south-western facing runway there is noticable aircraft noise but again this didnt bother me too much. Jersey Gardens outlet mall literally over the road - aprox a two mintue walk accross the parking lot. I felt safe enough walking even at night. All the usual stores, food outlets and a AMC cinema which was nice to visit in the evenings. Ruby Tuesday and IHOP resturaunts close by also. Coin operated laundry facilities were handy
I can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel, but nothing which stands out to make it a higher rating. If I was coming to New York again i WOULD consider this hotel again for the price I payed (£75), but certainly not if the price was more. I'd also think about staying in Manhattan or even Staten Island though before making the final choice.

Room Tip: If staying on the second floor take the stairs. Far quicker than the elevator. I had room 217 which...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Revatron
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried when I first read some of the reviews on here for this hotel, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway, and I'm so glad that I did.
From the moment I caught the free shuttle from EWR to check in, I have been treated really well by the staff at the hotel.
The check in process was quick and the gentleman gave me loads of useful information.
The room - I stayed in room 216 and wow, it was enormous, and just off the lift was easily accessible. The room was very clean and comfortable.
The area - being by myself I was a little scared at first, but I went out to Ruby Tuesdays and IHop which are both next door. I also ventured over to the mall (watch for the lights as the traffic doesnt stop...)
Breakfast - this was sufficient to last the days of wondering round new york. Plenty of choice.

Overall - I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport? Share your experiences!