Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
1,378 results
All reviewsjersey gardens malloutlet mallfree cookiesruby tuesdaysnew yorkbreakfast roomcruise portwalking distancemake your own wafflesshuttle servicecape libertyother hotelsfront desk stafflarge mallfood courtyogurtfree shuttle
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we have had wonderful experiences on several occasions at the CI&S in Redlands CA. Unfortunately, our stay here was not as expected based on our prior experiences. We did not need our room serviced on 3 of our days so we just traded towels , etc. for clean ones and got the needed supplies from the housekeeping attendant. However, after the third day when we did need the room cleaned, it was done very poorly. Was not vacuumed, coffee still in the carafe and not cleaned out, or dusted, etc. Also, the room that was listed on our reservation was not what we got and the hotel manager was not able to move us to the correct renovated room or adjust the rate, but did give us extra Carlson points. They need to get their renovations done quickly as this property is old and run down. I did not know they were privately owned and operated and I guess I will do more homework in the future and not just stay in one of their properties because of our CC Membership. The TV cable reception was horrible and the safe did not work. So many things to complain about and then you have maintenance up here trying to fix it all. Just not worth it... Sorry, but we were pretty disappointed about this one. Hope they get it together.

Room Tip: I guess, call to make sure you are getting what you are actually seeing on your online reservation. Ask Lots of questions.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bforcucci
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Thank you Patrick! I incorrectly booked one day ahead, but Patrick quickly sorted out my mistake. He upgraded our room, scheduled our morning shuttle and wake up call all with a smile. Our room was large, quiet, and clean, especially the bathroom...spotless! If only there was a spa robe. Breakfast was perfect...I loved the self serve Belgium waffle station with real whipped cream and strawberries, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, and more...even cups with lids for transport. Our shuttle was ready to leave at our appointed time, even though the van wasn't full. Our driver was very personable and dropped us at our terminal. We took advantage of the $10 parking in a secure lot at the hotel. We did have an incorrect charge on our bill but resolved it without any difficulty. There is even a restaurant next door. I have stayed at different airport properties without satisfaction. This was by far the best. After their present renovation, I'm sure it will be even better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Joyce,

We appreciate you writing this review. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel.
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay.
It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. We know you have a choice when you travel and appreciate you choosing our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staff, especially to Patrick who assisted you. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future. By that time, I guess, the renovations were already finished. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The entire hotel needs a facelift. The rooms are old and dated, worn out. Slightly dirty but some of that could just be from being so old and beat up. Some carpets I don't mind walking on barefoot; this one I do. It is conveniently located but there are other hotels adjacent that look much nicer. The continental breakfast is free but it is bare bones. No eggs, no sausage, no bacon. Fresh fruit was a whole apple or orange. The main entree' was biscuits & gravy and country fried chicken. No thanks. I will look elsewhere on my next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here the night on Mar 15th on a park & fly reservation made through Stay 123. We arrived late and were checked in quickly. Room was clean and beds were fine although a bit soft for my liking. Breakfast was available the next morning and was not all that great. Looked like powdered eggs, tired pastries and weak coffee. Problems started when the bill was put under the door in the morning. A $25 deposit is paid when the room is booked & it is supposed to be deducted from the final balance which is wasn't. I figured that it would be fixed quickly when I told them at the front desk. It wasn't & I was told that they have lots of this type of reservation and they never do that. I showed her the clause on the website. She wouldn't even read it, told me there was nothing she could do & I could call Patrick later in the day or Lisa the manager the next day. I called Patrick at 6pm, confirmed he was there but had to leave a message. I never heard from him so I called Lisa the next morning. I have yet to hear from her either. I was able to get this fixed when I called Stay 123. While I was on the line they called the hotel and got them to credit my Visa for the deposit. All in all a complete waste of my time and judging by what I was told that this is the way they do all these reservations I wonder how many other customers don't notice or bother to take the time to get their bill corrected.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 506canuck
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Corporate Customer Care if you require additional assistance in this matter.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We spent here 1 night after landing at Newark. The hotel is dated and being renovated. The room and the bathroom were spacious. There is a microwave and a fridge as well as coffee set. The complimentary internet did not work (ethernet or wifi). Breakfast was average, your typical best western type. There is an indoor pool available. The Jersey Gardens outlet is within walking distance so you can beat the crowds.

Room Tip: all rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon. We look forward to your next visit.