Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ
US$88
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
1,379 results
All reviewsjersey gardens malloutlet mallfree cookiesruby tuesdaysnew yorkbreakfast roomcruise portwalking distancemake your own wafflesshuttle servicecape libertyother hotelsfront desk stafflarge mallfood courtyogurtfree shuttle
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hair dryer looked like it had been collecting dusk for 10 years. I dun watch TV but it is still analog. Three sets of towels in the bathroom only 1 cup but oh wait you can't make tea anyway as the coffee maker is rusted. I can go on and on. For $165 early booking non refundable price this place is not acceptable. Even it is much cheaper I'd go somewhere else. I've stayed money motel 6 super 8 type of place where I had much better rooms. What is up with all the positive reviews? Did we stay at the same place? Be aware!

• Stayed: July 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend for the Jay Z & Beyonce concert at Metlife. Overall, it was not what I was expecting. I figured since it was right near the airport, it would be a nice hotel...wrong.

I have stayed in nicer hotels for a lot less money than this one. It was very old and out of date, and the rooms did not smell too clean. Overall, the cleanliness of this hotel was just average at best. I travel a lot and am not really picky, but I like to just call it how I see it.

Pros were the staff and location (sort of). We checked in around 12pm and he was able to get us a room and was very friendly. It was a young kid that checked us in. It was located right across the street from an amazing mall. I would recommend the hotel if you needed a spot right by it (but then again, there were nicer hotels on the same street, so maybe choose one of them)

Misc:
-Parking is $10/day (very reasonable) - maybe just park in mall parking lot?
-free wifi (although it was very slow)
-free airport shuttle
-located off Jersey Turnpike so expect to pay a good amount of tolls if planning on driving anywhere around the area.
-Only two restaurants nearby (Ruby Tuesday's and iHop)
-beds are lousy! very uncomfortable!
-fridges and microwaves in the rooms which is nice
-people say it is loud because of planes flying over all the time. Not the case - sure planes flew over, but it wasn't anything that would be extremely bothersome. I barely even heard them!

Overall, I was a bit disappointed with the hotel. I don't think I would stay there again. I would rather pay a little more to stay somewhere else. Really the only way I could even see someone wanting to stay here is because it is cheaper than surrounding hotels (but still not cheap), and very close to an amazing mall. Other than that, there is really nothing else it has going for them. Book at your discretion!

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for a night as I had an early flight the next morning. Staff were helpful and answered any questions I had. My only complaint would be that breakfast could have been a bit better but overall it was a nice place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanderlxst
Lisa P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant experience. We are taking note on your opinion regarding breakfast options. Thank you again for taking the time to share this experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night before heading out on cruise because its near the outlet mall. Bed clean & they gave us room upgrade that had jucuzi tub but that was it for the good. Tub didn't look clean enough to use & some tiles around it were disgusting. Hallway to room not clean. T.V channels...almost all were fuzzy. Also ironically the airplanes nearby were not the issue that woke you up in the night, it was the non insulated piping between floors & walls. Whenever a neighbour used their bathrrom you could hear the pipes squealing. They offer a complimentary breakfast until 10:30 on weekends but when we went down at 9:30 there was no hot foods left, only waffles, toast or cereal. So we had to go buy breakfast elsewhere. We won't be back to this hotel again if we cruise out of NJ in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had to spend one night at the Newark Airport, found the Country Inn and Suites 02JUL14. Very nice moderate priced hotel arrived at 1230P room was not ready , they made an nice effort to get room ready. Got room about 130p was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite nice surprise. Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. Internet was extreamly fast was happy about that. Had included breakfast the next morning, only complaint was the other guests manners, it was like they could not eat enough filled plates without caring about people next in line. Hotel staff did a great job keeping serving areas filled dispite other guest rudeness. I would reccomend this property to anyone needing an overnight at Newark Airport. There is a large outlet mall across street , did not have timne to visit but it would be a nice stop if I had the time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Lisa P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark Airport, NJ, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable visit. We hope to see you again soon!