“Perfect for outlet-shopping”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This recent Embassy hotel is located across Jersey Gardens, a big outlet mall so very convenient for shopping and very close to Newark Airport. We stayed here with our 3 teenage kids for 3 nights end of june 2014. From Newark one could normally get to NYC with the PATH train, but due to maintenance works during summer weekends, it was not available so we had to drive down the NY city center which was not very convenient.
Breakfast organization was a little chaotic: too little plates, forks, bowls, fruits,... we had the impression to be constantly searching for missing stuff. In stead of the cook-to-order omelette-tradition in the Embassy Suites hotels I think they could put more effort in offering a better organized buffet. Although quality is certainly OK, I do not always want to queue for 20 minutes for an omelette.
WIFI is not free of charge, which is the main reason why I only rate this hotel a 3 out of 5. Embassy suites should really do something about this. 9,99 USD for 24h internet access is a rip off. Any 50$ motel offers free WIFI nowadays, so adapt your policy to current standards. In some ES hotels WIFI is free by the way (Salt Lake city for example where we have stayed the week after)- Marketing people should be aware that promoting free Wifi only for HHoners Silver or Gold status members only, gives a feeling to other customers that they are less worth.
Overall, good value for money for families, but if you want to discover NYC, choose a hotel closer to the city center since public transportation is currently uncertain.

2  Thank FrankVanGool
Adrienne T, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Just as a reminder, we are a major branded hotel and our competitively priced Wi-Fi, we charge for our Wi-Fi to ensure a fast and reliable service. Our cooked to order breakfast is very popular and even more so during the summer when families from all over come to enjoy the NYC area.

Unfortunately the maintenance of the train rail and air train at the airport were an inconvenience to all who came through Newark Airport. I assure you that is not the norm.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I stopped for dinner at the hotel restaurant as we were traveling through the area as a suggestion from a family member who has eaten there. The lobby and restaurant was beautiful and very clean. Our server provided the perfect balance of giving us great service while also respecting family dinner time. The French onion soup was DELICIOUS and steaming hot, we were scraping the sides of the bowl to get every last bit. Entrees were very good as well of which we all cleaned our plates. What stood out the most from the menu was the variety of options (and sophistication) and the very reasonabe prices. As a manager of a different hotel property I have and will continue to suggest the Embassy Suites as a location for anyone that is looking for a great location, service, and food. GREAT JOB to all the staff!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaclyn P

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time while dinning in our restaurant. Your comments have been forwarded to the rest of our team. We hope that you return and are able to enjoy the comfort of our clean 2 room suites.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed Independence Day Weekend - The Newest Embassy Suites in the Tri-State area, very contemporary, nice location across from Jersey Gardens Outlet mall, good breakfast and sizebale breakfast area, spacious 2 room suites, quiet room, comfortable beds. The circular pool is uncommonly smaller than most Embassy Suites, maybe pool size was on the chopping block due to the non-atrium style construction atypical of its predecessors. Anyhow, there aren't too many NYC area hotels can offer all of this value for the price. Have stayed here multiple times (albeit first review), will definitely stay again, as long as the rates stay within the same range.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Marc L
Adrienne T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to complete an on-line review. We realize you have several options when it comes to Lodging and truly appreciate you selecting the Embassy Suites - Newark Airport. Your comments concerning the Hotel have been noted and passed on to our Entire Team. We look forward to serving you again in the not too distant future when travels bring you back to the greater Newark area and as always " Be our Guest".

Kindest Regards,

Jeff Fowlkes, CHA, CFBE

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed over 15 days at this property in the last two months. The hotel has only been open for five months and is very beautiful and comfortable for business as well as leisure. Front desk is wonderful. Great access to New York City and surrounding areas. Embassy Sites sells their breakfast and managers reception as one of their main selling points.

Unfortunately this property continuously runs out of food, juices, and coffee filters. When you ask for an item to be replenished, the breakfast (which should not even happen), the staff provides an attitude and makes you believe that you are bothering them! They sincerely are in need of management attention as this is truly unacceptable for such a beautiful property. The managers reception is very weak. They only provide nuts and chips and occasionally will bring out cheese. They do not stay on top of the replenishment of these items. Many times just bringing out items once or twice in a two hour period while they had a very large amount of guests.. Most of the time, the plates are empty. Truly unacceptable! Being a diamond member, I truly would not expect this level of service at an Embassy Suites!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Adjtrav
Adrienne T, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory experience in our dinning are. We strive for exemplary service; however, it appears we fell short of your expectations. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again and we hope when you return you will notice the changes that have been put in place.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This Hotel it's not only excellent with friendly employee, complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast, and clean and spacious 2 room suites but the best moral and ethical management. Kudos to the Jeffrey Heffner Assistant General Manager/Director of Operations who is my unsung HERO! My daughter who is 17th traveled back from her Dad visit in Germany to Atlanta, Georgia, but based on the weather condition on Thursday she got stuck in JFK.I was so worry and couldn't be there to help my daughter, however after calling airline dealing with very rude unethical people which wouldn't help minor child I have managed to get her on the plain next day but from Newark, because from JFK was no space until Sunday. I got her transportation from JFK to EWR but didn't wanted my minor child to sleep on the street or airport because it's not safe I started to call all hotel's neat Newark airport to get her room under my name because she is minor and will turn next month 18. However, NO ONE at other hotel's would give her room because of the hotel policy even I said I will pay with my card and if they would consider from the moral and human perspective. The worst was HILTON staff they let me wait over 25 minutes on the phone to transfer me to manager and then hang up on me. My last try was Embassy Suites Newark Airport, I spoke with Jeff the manager and asked him if he could make exemption from moral view and make sound decision to get my daughter room, he was very friendly and ethical, he send me CC authorization to sign over e-mail and saved my child. She said that Hotel was superior. In my opinion Jeff have all the factor's needed to be an effective leader. I wish him all best in the future, and big thanks for the ladies at the front desk.

Nermina

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Minka J

Thank you so much for your review and all of the things that you enjoyed during your stay ! We are elated to know we were able to accommodate your family. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The only good thing about the Embassy Suites Elizabeth was the driver that took us to the airport. The room was only cleaned once in 8 days. Knowing that 5 guest were staying in the room... Towels were scarce.. 3 towels most of the days and even no towels one day. One day the linens of the sofa bed were removed and not replaced. When making the call to the Front Desk, it was referred to the Housekeeping Manager, who brought the linens and towels. Even after providing feedback related to the towels and room housekeeping conditions, the same situation continued throughout the rest of the stay, There is no pricing on the snack items that are available for purchase. You know the total spent when the font desk personnel notifies you. During the previous day before leaving the hotel, went to the Front Desk for request transportation to the airport. The Hotel does not keep a scheduled list and is in the first come first serve basis- a first for us since all the hotels that we have stayed before - including Embassy Suites always carry a schedule for the shuttle transportation requests. After receiving the shuttle information, I requested a Manager to provide feedback about my stay. The person that spoke with me (she mentioned it was a Supervisor) after hearing my feedback, notified me that was going to evaluate the information with the housekeeping manager and get back to me within an hour; never called back or sent an email. Finished our last night of the stay the same way that began, not enough towels, no cleaned room, bad attitude from the Front Desk.

The transportation to NY is horrible. No place to eat in the Hotel area after arriving from NY. All eating places closed after either 10 or 11 pm with our bus leaving NY at 11:50pm. No Bus station close to the Hotel. We needed to walk up to the Mall to catch a Bus, the Hotel did not provide a time schedule to the buses, therefore, we needed to rely on the mall information. On weekends, the hours change and on Sundays, there is no stop to the Mall area at night, therefore after catching a bus to the airport and walking three miles to the P4 area, waited for the Embassy Shuttle almost 40 minutes, the driver was reckless in the road to the hotel.

If you are thinking of going to Broadway... DO NOT stay in this hotel!!!!

This is a quick summary of the situations that occurred in our stay. We travel once a year to New York, therefore, we won't stay in this Hotel again!

Room Tip: If thinking of Broadway..... this hotel is not for you!!!
3  Thank frankcanepa
Adrienne T, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. We strive for exemplary service; however, it appears we fell short of your expectations. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family stay at the Embassy Suite Hotel was awesome, great and I would go back again. Very relaxing and not only I want to go back. My children want to go back too. We talked about it so much my who;e family want to go.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Kahdeja J

The Embassy Suites Elizabeth- Newark Airport team would like to thank you for your great review.

The team is extremely excited about your feedback and looks forward to your future stays.

Guest experienced Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
0 mi away
Courtyard Newark Elizabeth
#5 of 13 in Elizabeth
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport? Share your experiences!